To Missile or not to Missile... That is the Question

Neo-Nexus

Ok... so, I'm torn apart right now. Missiles or no Missiles?

Missiles by itself have an expensive upkeep cost causing a significant drop in revenue.

But, if I get missiles it would also mean I would need to increase the number of spies that I have (to protect the missiles from being sabotaged) - causing a further drop in revenue.

And it seems that if a nation or alliance really wanted to sabotage your missiles, going past one's spies wouldn't be that hard. (I believe I've seen 14 spies taken out at a time via one spy op).

Also, would it be more effective if I just spent the lets say $200k+ on conventional warfare units such as tanks, aircraft etc. instead of missiles and spies? 

But then again, if in a war both nation's ground and air forces aren't getting anything done, having missiles would be a nice incentive for an enemy not to launch THEIR missiles (assuming they have some) at you... cause you know mutually assured destruction.

What are you guys' opinion and suggestions?

P.S. Sorry for the lame topic title btw, couldn't help myself :P

Edited by Neo-Nexus

8742143.png?170

Concilium Populusque Mandalórus ("The Council and the People of Mandalore")

: Carter and me have nukes, and Saxplayer is just sassy

200k on tanks and planes? Wow I can only hope I just have to spend that much whenever I'm going to war... By resources alone you can spend anywhere between 500k to four mil for a single war. In some cases, missiles are the favorable option here. Even if you can only make one a day and immediately launch it because you're under a constant barrage of spy ops, 250+ infra damage for every 16 hours is a good thing to have. If the enemy have an iron dome, you can always choose to spend 10 mil on ships to deal crazy amount of damage by naval attacks or even planes.

UedhRvY.png

i attend to agree with atzuya, even though missiles sound awesome, they are expensive in upkeep when i build just a couple of em. thts just from my personal experience.

"History repeats it'self because no one listened the first time, nor even the second time."

One thing I question is the psychological effectiveness of missiles as a deterrent. War is already expensive and wasteful, and the people who go looking for it aren't always concerned about preserving their pixels. If they were, they wouldn't be looking for a fight in the first place.

It might occasionally factor into a long-term calculation about which target to select, but only in situations where the aggressor is thinking "yeah, I hate that guy, but I don't hate him enough to take that much damage in order to roll him..."

Generally, if there's a beef or a CB, I'd expect to see a war regardless of whether missiles are involved.

hxvRjGK.jpg

Lol at iron dome isn't worth it. Keep up the good jokes. My iron dome paid for itself 3x over in 5 days.

Lol...yeah, my iron dome only stopped all missiles. My missiles dealt $30 million in damages. So...zero losses vs $30 million.

But seriously, no one else should get one.

• Upvote 1

By resources alone you can spend anywhere between 500k to four mil for a single war.

At what score? 100? Four million is child's play, at the very least 10 million. Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I've had 15 spies taken out by a spy op... it's annoying, but it's part of the game. Anyway, in terms of missiles, would you rather hug a barkin tree or a cold, cool missile.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I've had 15 spies taken out by a spy op... it's annoying, but it's part of the game. Anyway, in terms of missiles, would you rather hug a barkin tree or a cold, cool missile.

Bruh you have no idea.

Also, always missiles. Missiles, then Dome...then when you get to project three you have some thinking to do.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

Missiles suck, i used two and the raider laughed at me

If they were making a lot of money, sure.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif