Daredevil on Netflix

Godfrey

Anybody else watching this? I'm about 6 episodes in so far and loving it. I'm a huge fan of the character and Frank Miller's run and they're capturing everything about DD perfectly to me. 

I'm curious to hear what you guys think about the show so far, particularly people who haven't read the comics or don't know anything about it.

Let's try to avoid spoilers! 

• Upvote 1

I watched the first 2 episodes. Pretty good and pretty believable so far.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

Watched the first episode this weekend. Enjoyed it. Has me interested enough to keep watching. I'm a fan of the Marvel universe anyway. I've enjoyed all of the films and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

c3Ct0v4.png

Three episodes in, it's better than I was expecting.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

I finished the whole season last night.

Was very good, I don't want to say too much though and ruin it for others. The fight scene at the end of episode two was well done and not something I was expecting from Marvel at all. The villain is great and I loved how they kind of flipped the script on the standard hero/villain story-line to keep it interesting. Also the very subtle Agents of Shield references were cool, I even missed some of them and was surprised when I was reading about them later, and if anyone reads the comics the little Melvin Potter/Gladiator references that were shown for like half a second got me pretty excited.

All in all great first season and I think it's the best superhero show out there. Liked it way better than Arrow or Flash or anything like that.

Edited by Godfrey

I'm like halfway...will probably finish later this week.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

I only have one complaint about the series.  Just one.  I won't mention it here, but you can PM me for it if you want.

Other than that one complaint, it's a great series.  Definitely one of the better ones.  I binge watched it over TWD without even thinking about it ( And I love TWD series ).

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Finished the first season. Wilson Fisk is the main attraction for me. They're doing good things with developing the Kingpin. Not a fan of the DD costume, primarily the mask. Say what you will about Affleck's Daredevil, but they captured the costume brilliantly in that film.

c3Ct0v4.png

Finished the first season. Wilson Fisk is the main attraction for me. They're doing good things with developing the Kingpin. Not a fan of the DD costume, primarily the mask. Say what you will about Affleck's Daredevil, but they captured the costume brilliantly in that film.

I don't like the DD costume much either. I think the black mask outfit he wears for the majority of the season looks way better. Hopefully they'll fix the helmet before season 2.