I missed the trainwreck: Obamacare

Aisha Greyjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELiT2NzcGEc

For years I've heard nothing but promises from conservatives that Obamacare was a trainwreck and would DESTROY the country.

How has it gone?

Well, the economy is growing better then it has under any Republican president in recent memory.  Unemployment is back under 6% and heading down. 

• 8 million enrolled in the Marketplaces during 2014 open enrollment (Oct 2013 to April 2014).
  • 11.7 million are estimated to have enrolled in the Marketplaces during 2015 open enrollment (Nov 2014 to Feb 2015). This includes 4.5 million who re-enrolled from 2014.
  • It’s estimated that 5.7 million young adults (aged 19-25) stayed on a parent’s plan until age 26. That is 2.3 million who stayed on their parents plan from 2010 to 2013 with an estimated 3.4 million gaining coverage from 2013 to 2015.
  • As of March 2015 a total of 16.4 have enrolled in a Marketplace plan or stayed on their parents plan.
  • 10.8 million more enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP since Oct 2013. Not all who enrolled were ineligible before the ACA. Uninsured rates dropped lower in states that expanded Medicaid.
  • Before the ACA up to 47 million were uninsured.
  • In 2014, 2.6 million young adults stayed on their parents’ plan. In 2015, more than 3 million did.
  • In 2014, about 8 million enrolled in Medicaid. In 2015, about 11 million did.
  • Before the ACA, premiums went up 10% a year.  In 2014-2015, they went up 4%.  That's progress.

Obamacare is no trainwreck.  Its a modest law with big goals and it is making measurable progress.  We need to go further.  Obamacare doesn't do enough to contain costs, and I urge everyone to push for an expansion of Obamacare.  

Maybe conservatives need to stop treating political discussions like religious dogma and take an "if it works, do it" approach to effective government.   

P.S.  Conservatives deserve credit for the ideas behind Obamacare.  A proper liberal solution would have involved much higher tax hikes and less free-market competition among the insurers.  It is a conservative plan enacted by a Republican Governor and endorsed by Conservative Think Tanks.  At least before the Black Democratic President proposed it.

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy
  • Upvote 5

Duke of House Greyjoy

The Affordable Healthcare Act is a Tax system.

Also, is this about Healthcare or Conservatives? Lol

The lack of understanding Freedom and Taxes will bring Santa Claus to a public Office. To say that America is doing better now than then, is just ridiculous. Regardless to the President or Congress, America will always grow and expand. If you are a modern economist, you will understand that a country will ALWAYS do better after a recession. (Word play)

To attack Conservative for despising this act, you may as well Attack Liberals too.

Check this out, the bill was so unclear, it was forced into the Supreme Court to see if it was legal. Yes, it was legal, but they were forced to mandate that the bill itself must enter the House of Reps. do to the fact... It is a tax system.

From Nancy Polosi saying "we must pass it to find out what's in it."

To the AHA architect saying "the bill will pass by the stupidity of American voters"

Barrack Obama has fail.

Edited by Fox
  • Upvote 1

tumblr_inline_mzvjuvBbSI1rpp474.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELiT2NzcGEc

For years I've heard nothing but promises from conservatives that Obamacare was a trainwreck and would DESTROY the country.

How has it gone?

Well, the economy is growing better then it has under any Republican president in recent memory.  Unemployment is back under 6% and heading down. 

• 8 million enrolled in the Marketplaces during 2014 open enrollment (Oct 2013 to April 2014).
  • 11.7 million are estimated to have enrolled in the Marketplaces during 2015 open enrollment (Nov 2014 to Feb 2015). This includes 4.5 million who re-enrolled from 2014.
  • It’s estimated that 5.7 million young adults (aged 19-25) stayed on a parent’s plan until age 26. That is 2.3 million who stayed on their parents plan from 2010 to 2013 with an estimated 3.4 million gaining coverage from 2013 to 2015.
  • As of March 2015 a total of 16.4 have enrolled in a Marketplace plan or stayed on their parents plan.
  • 10.8 million more enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP since Oct 2013. Not all who enrolled were ineligible before the ACA. Uninsured rates dropped lower in states that expanded Medicaid.
  • Before the ACA up to 47 million were uninsured.
  • In 2014, 2.6 million young adults stayed on their parents’ plan. In 2015, more than 3 million did.
  • In 2014, about 8 million enrolled in Medicaid. In 2015, about 11 million did.
  • Before the ACA, premiums went up 10% a year.  In 2014-2015, they went up 4%.  That's progress.

Obamacare is no trainwreck.  Its a modest law with big goals and it is making measurable progress.  We need to go further.  Obamacare doesn't do enough to contain costs, and I urge everyone to push for an expansion of Obamacare.  

Maybe conservatives need to stop treating political discussions like religious dogma and take an "if it works, do it" approach to effective government.   

P.S.  Conservatives deserve credit for the ideas behind Obamacare.  A proper liberal solution would have involved much higher tax hikes and less free-market competition among the insurers.  It is a conservative plan enacted by a Republican Governor and endorsed by Conservative Think Tanks.  At least before the Black Democratic President proposed it.

There's also nothing affordable about it. In the end, it actually screws over the poor even harder by forcing us to pay for that which we still can't afford. One thing I can't stand is how democrats boast about how many more people are now insured. Of course they are! They don't have a choice!

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

There's also nothing affordable about it. In the end, it actually screws over the poor even harder by forcing us to pay for that which we still can't afford. One thing I can't stand is how democrats boast about how many more people are now insured. Of course they are! They don't have a choice!

^Agreed. Without wading into other areas of the merits/lack thereof of ACA, it's no accomplishment to mandate enrollment and then see enrollment rates rise.

hxvRjGK.jpg

To be fair, it also raises the amount of people eligible for free healthcare

Honestly, we are the only first world country without free healthcare, and it's not fair

It's not free...

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Obamacare is a failed attempt to try make the Capitalistic HealthCare Industry work.

When your privatized Heathcare finally works (For those who are poor or have previous conditions included). Give me a call.

• Upvote 1

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

tricare is where its at

:v

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Note: This video gets much better after you keep pressing the music note on the bottom

Does anyone know what song that is?

• Upvote 2

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

April fools?

Obamacare is a failed attempt to try make the Capitalistic HealthCare Industry work.

When your privatized Heathcare finally works (For those who are poor or have previous conditions included). Give me a call.

Capitalist kinda requires that they be allowed to fail when they fail and government intervention has always been about making sure no one fails even when they make everyone else fail, it's kinda hard to call something privatized when government protects it from it's own fail.

People learn a lot from fail that's why people seem so stupid these days they got big governments protecting them from there own fail and force the fail of others onto them thus they learn the wrong lessons and end up adding fail to the cycle of redistribution of fail thus government must get bigger to protect them from the new fail and on and on until the people no nothing but fail.

Edited by Quew

Note: This video gets much better after you keep pressing the music note on the bottom

Does anyone know what song that is?

I agree; I know I've heard it a billion times, but I don't know what it is.

hxvRjGK.jpg

April fools?

Capitalist kinda requires that they be allowed to fail when they fail and government intervention has always been about making sure no one fails even when they make everyone else fail, it's kinda hard to call something privatized when government protects it from it's own fail.

People learn a lot from fail that's why people seem so stupid these days they got big governments protecting them from there own fail and force the fail of others onto them thus they learn the wrong lessons and end up adding fail to the cycle of redistribution of fail thus government must get bigger to protect them from the new fail and on and on until the people no nothing but fail.

The problem is when these things fail, people suffer much more than they would for luxury services, The more people that die because of failing companies leads to a greater resentment towards privatized healthcare. This does not even consider the ass &#33;@#&#036;ery of the those who dont have a perfect medical history in the capitalist system.

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

The problem is when these things fail, people suffer much more than they would for luxury services, The more people that die because of failing companies leads to a greater resentment towards privatized healthcare. This does not even consider the ass !@#$ery of the those who dont have a perfect medical history in the capitalist system.

That's why I suggest an FDIC-like entity for the healthcare system to bail out consumers rather than companies. No one's complained such an arrangement in the banking system for 80 years.

hxvRjGK.jpg

The problem is when these things fail, people suffer much more than they would for luxury services, The more people that die because of failing companies leads to a greater resentment towards privatized healthcare. This does not even consider the ass !@#$ery of the those who dont have a perfect medical history in the capitalist system.

These things fail because the majority of people have already stopped using the failed service and have switched to a new service, the money from the people who use the service tells the provider how they are doing when they get free money from government it takes away the influence the people have, when they do something wrong and government erects legal barriers it prevents problems from being corrected, any service that requires money from thous it serves have to be very flexible and willing to change at the drop of a hat, but when a service relies on tax money to operate it requires an act of congress to fix any and all problems that crop up and that can easily take years even when the provider is receptive to change, not even mentioning when 3rd parties get involved to feed on problems that have risen do to government being the most resistant and slowest to change thing in all of society.

The customer is King and when government provides the money the government becomes the customer.

Edited by Quew

These things fail because the majority of people have already stopped using the failed service and have switched to a new service, the money from the people who use the service tells the provider how they are doing when they get free money from government it takes away the influence the people have, when they do something wrong and government erects legal barriers it prevents problems from being corrected, any service that requires money from thous it serves have to be very flexible and willing to change at the drop of a hat, but when a service relies on tax money to operate it requires an act of congress to fix any and all problems that crop up and that can easily take years even when the provider is receptive to change, not even mentioning when 3rd parties get involved to feed on problems that have risen do to government being the most resistant and slowest to change thing in all of society.

The customer is King and when government provides the money the government becomes the customer.

Odd how in the years before Obamacare we saw massive rate hikes and massive benefit cuts in most insurance plans.  Maybe health insurance is a stupid idea in the first place.  

Duke of House Greyjoy

Odd how in the years before Obamacare we saw massive rate hikes and massive benefit cuts in most insurance plans.  Maybe health insurance is a stupid idea in the first place.  

It totally is! Mandating it was a step in the wrong direction.

• Upvote 1

hxvRjGK.jpg

Forcing people to buy a product is one of thous legal barriers i talked about in this case fining people for refusing to buy crappy insurance, now they can be as crappy as they want and people still have to buy them or face fines/taxes.

Wonder if i should mention that i didn't have insurance then and want it even less now.