Announcement regarding cash glitches

Skynet

tumblr_ng4g71p1vG1tax4xfo2_500.jpg

We've had reports of cash magically being added to banks in game. If your alliance gets a large amount of cash from nowhere and you're unsure where it came from, report it immediately. Those alliances who're found to have used any cash from a glitch will have their entire alliance reset as-well as those who knew about the glitch and didn't report it will be banned.

This is not an April fools nor a joke. 

- Your friendly neighborhood homicidal artificial intelligence 

• Upvote 2

Whoa whoa wait a minute what do you mean with resetting the whole alliance o_o

How are you planning to detect which alliance is receiving the surprise cash and exploit them from those who don't? This sounds really prone to ridiculous cases of false positives

Resetttng the entire alliance is the only way we can make sure that the glitch will be reported to the moderation team.  It's not something we like to do, however will do it. It's a bug and it's been brought up-to Sheepy and myself over the past few days. 

He will be fixing it once he returns. 

Finally! Some compensation for countless bank disappearances!

But since it's April 1st, I'm not believing anything anyone posts today.

• Upvote 4

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

This would be nice if it was a joke. However it's not. Period.

Def joke

• Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Has Sheepy Identified why the bug is happening? Also, Why did the bug suddenly reverse and now gives us money?

No idea yet. He hasn't got a computer on him in Peru. He'll be back soon and when he is we'll be able to ID the bug and get it fixed.

We've had reports of cash magically being added to banks in game. If your alliance gets a large amount of cash from nowhere and you're unsure where it came from, report it immediately. Those alliances who're found to have used any cash from a glitch will have their entire alliance reset as-well as those who knew about the glitch and didn't report it will be banned.

So, if your bank has too much money because of a glitch, thats bad, but if you LOSE money, tough shit you need to wait a week.

Does that sound fair?

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

So, if your bank has too much money because of a glitch, thats bad, but if you LOSE money, tough !@#$ you need to wait a week.

Does that sound fair?

Sheepy is away and only he has access to the game's data and database. So yes, you're waiting a week this time. Tough luck. 

What's not fair is an alliance getting a massive amount of cash over other alliances. We've already removed just over 500 million from the game in two days. That alone would've made the alliance who had it invincible and would've hurt the game. Where as waiting a few days to get your money back.

It's not amazing that we're getting bugs in PW. But the fact is they are happening and they are being dealt with. Sheepy has a RL as-well and he's within his rights to go on vacation if he chooses. 

No idea yet. He hasn't got a computer on him in Peru. He'll be back soon and when he is we'll be able to ID the bug and get it fixed.

So you are taking full control of the game. Whatever. I won't believe it until Sheepy says it and it's not April Fools

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Okay so if we woke up and there was an extra 500 mil in the BoC bank that's obvious. But if it's an extra 500k and we just happen to miss that, are we all reset?

• Upvote 6

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Okay so if we woke up and there was an extra 500 mil in the BoC bank that's obvious. But if it's an extra 500k and we just happen to miss that, are we all reset?

This figure goes up the larger your alliance is and gets harder to track. Especially seeing as no one has been looking for it until now.

For me to calculate our income (Just from taxes, not including the millions going in and out from internal programs) I would need to go through 636 tax records, take note every day of the total of our bank and then calculate if this made sense.

Now this is fine, I will be working out roughly what we should be getting each day from now until the bug is fixed. However, I can't say I have been tracking for the last few weeks and I honestly wouldn't notice an extra 10 mil here or there without going through what I stated above.

So how you intend to determine whether someone knew that they had a glitch in there bank should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Yeah I'm honestly not worried about BoC because we have an incredibly active and annoyingly vigilant Ministry of Finance (I have stories). If anyone can catch that shit it's them. But can you at least give us a margin for error? Like say we had a cash flow of 8 mil in and out in a day. It's understandable that 200k wouldn't be noticed immediately, particularly before we close out for the day and count taxes.

Also are you going to notify alliances via in game messages? Because a lot of small alliances aren't active on the forums. Others may just miss this thread.

If we have money in the bank, then the money appears can we use money up to the amount we had initially?

Are you going to give us losing cash similar attention in the future?

• Upvote 2

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cirrus would like to announce a new service:

For a small fee I will comb through your bank and tax records every day and make sure all your nations aren't about to get reset.

Cirrus: For when you're not sure if that 200k was there before.

aUel2fG.png

Cirrus would like to announce a new service:

For a small fee I will comb through your bank and tax records every day and make sure all your nations aren't about to get reset.

Cirrus: For when you're not sure if that 200k was there before.

I honestly think this game will reach new lows if that is what this comes down to. People shouldn't be reset because they couldn't be bothered going through hundreds and in some cases thousands of tax records in one day.

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Yeah I'm honestly not worried about BoC because we have an incredibly active and annoyingly vigilant Ministry of Finance (I have stories). If anyone can catch that !@#$ it's them.

It true, I am half scared to walk into our DoF offices on some days. I will let them know, and have them on the look out for this new bug

• Upvote 1

navyship.png

Frostsword is love. Frostsword is life.

It true, I am half scared to walk into our DoF offices on some days. I will let them know, and have them on the look out for this new bug

Just for clarification here, they're not talking about an extra 500k or million or even ten, GRs bank was almost 10x what is was when I went to sleep last night.

Just for clarification here, they're not talking about an extra 500k or million or even ten, GRs bank was almost 10x what is was when I went to sleep last night.

I hope you are right about this because the amount of money we gain from tax's changes very rapidly so any amount between 10K-100K is going to be really difficult to identify, but an amount like 10mil or more will easily be noticed.

I am still curious to why this is happening though.

eastwood.jpg

I honestly think this game will reach new lows if that is what this comes down to. People shouldn't be reset because they couldn't be bothered going through hundreds and in some cases thousands of tax records in one day.

Cirrus Investments: So you don't have to.

aUel2fG.png

• Jax locked this topic