Questions only huh?

Chickensguys

I have a series of questions I wish to ask that specifically pertain to this game and the possibly the incompetent moderating staff(Note I leave this up to possibility to be fair) (Except Sheepy I like the Sheep)

Question 1: 

If I have substantial problem with a moderator, where in the forum can I post a complaint or do the rules mandate my silence? 

Edited by Chickensguys

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

Question 2:

So I can not ask other members on the forum about similar moderator related problems? In other words my silence is mandated or I am punished? 

6oiRRnl.jpg

The rules were made by Sheepy to avoid witch hunting and disrespect. They will not be changed I'm afraid so that's the last question I will answer on this particular topic. I understand that you guys are upset by this whole ordeal but constantly arguing against the mods and disregarding the rules in this community is only going to get all of you eventually banned by the sheer amount of warns.

The rules were made by Sheepy to avoid witch hunting and disrespect. They will not be changed I'm afraid so that's the last question I will answer on this particular topic. I understand that you guys are upset by this whole ordeal but constantly arguing against the mods and disregarding the rules in this community is only going to get all of you eventually banned by the sheer amount of warns.

Correct.

And if you maintain this mentality, you will only see this community diminish.

When a browser-game does not reach a critical mass, it vanishes without a trace.

It is known to many MMO players that poor moderation lies at the heart of the dissolution of many MMOs, because it destroys community.

I honestly wish that it will not be the case for P&W, but given the substance of the replies and actions in the past few days, I am skeptical.

Good luck anyway.

77oKn5K.png

The nation link on my account links to whoever clicks it's nation.

Correct.

And if you maintain this mentality, you will only see this community diminish.

When a browser-game does not reach a critical mass, it vanishes without a trace.

It is known to many MMO players that poor moderation lies at the heart of the dissolution of many MMOs, because it destroys community.

I honestly wish that it will not be the case for P&W, but given the substance of the replies and actions in the past few days, I am skeptical.

Good luck anyway.

Correct, and I am one of the players who also believes that, however this is not one of those situations. If we rolled over on every issue a group of players takes up with us, this forum would be a mess and unusable. Rules are rules, and we are often very leniant.

The nation link on my account links to whoever clicks it's nation.

Correct, and I am one of the players who also believes that, however this is not one of those situations. If we rolled over on every issue a group of players takes up with us, this forum would be a mess and unusable. Rules are rules, and we are often very leniant.

I see. I think if you were lenient instead of leniant, there would be no trouble.

Joking aside, your personal opinion does not alter an empirical tendency of poorly moderated MMOs to fail to reach the critical mass and go under.

And I cannot see for the life of me why posting an ASCII text in a celebration thread makes the community worse. This might be because it is not, but I am open to new arguments other than "it is bad because we say so with our infinite wisdom."

Being an academician who converses with Nobel prize laureates every now and then, I would appreciate an articulate response. But what would I know. After all, random moderators on the internet are more qualified to reach certain verdicts than me.

77oKn5K.png

Unique, individual posts that discuss and relate to the topic you are posting in. Perhaps you will actually get more out of engaging in proper discussion in threads.

I see. I think if you were lenient instead of leniant, there would be no trouble.

Joking aside, your personal opinion does not alter an empirical tendency of poorly moderated MMOs to fail to reach the critical mass and go under.

And I cannot see for the life of me why posting an ASCII text in a celebration thread makes the community worse. This might be because it is not, but I am open to new arguments other than "it is bad because we say so with our infinite wisdom."

Being an academician who converses with Nobel prize laureates every now and then, I would appreciate an articulate response. But what would I know. After all, random moderators on the internet are more qualified to reach certain verdicts than me.

One of the beautiful things about message boards like this is that real life status makes no difference and everyone is conversing from an equal footing, so please do not try and use whatever real life position you claim to possess to give your posts more weight. As we have said multiple times, discussion on the ASCII posts is now over and has been had plenty of times. Sheepy has also ruled on it so please stop bringing it up, or I will be forced to lock more of these threads and hand out more warns.

Edited by Baboon
  • Upvote 1

Question 6:

How can I determine if two posts are to similar? What does it mean to be unique? What if someone before me said something in just the right way and I can't improve upon but I can agree with it? Should I not re post it to show my agreement? 

6oiRRnl.jpg

Question 6:

How can I determine if two posts are to similar? What does it mean to be unique? What if someone before me said something in just the right way and I can't improve upon but I can agree with it? Should I not re post it to show my agreement?

You should simply press the 'like this' button on that post.

One of the beautiful things about message boards like this is that real life status makes no difference and everyone is conversing from an equal footing, so please do not try and use whatever real life position you claim to possess to give your posts more weight. As we have said multiple times, discussion on the ASCII posts is now over and has been had plenty of times. Sheepy has also ruled on it so please stop bringing it up, or I will be forced to lock more of these threads and hand out more warns.

Another beautiful thing about the internet in general is that although people do not believe who you are even when you are ready to provide credentials, you are still yourself, and enjoy the full advantages of being yourself. What is more beautiful in this particular case is that you could not answer my direct question in sentence 3, and resorted to use a pseudo ad hominem technique in order to be able to answer my post with a straight face.

To prevent such an answer in the future, I am asking you a direct question: Why do you lock topics on this board when they aren't answered? Why have some moderators promised to unlock said topics when Sheepy returns, and have failed to do so?

Pre-emptive response to the obvious answer: No, my thread was NOT about the recent ruling. The rules regarding the illegality of ASCII images are extremely clear even if the rationale behind eludes me. It was about whether the recent ruling was contributing to the growth and happiness of the existing player-base. That question was not answered.

77oKn5K.png

Er mate you do realise the mod who locked it hasn't been online in the last 2 hours (since sheepy made his announcement) so would have had no chance anyway? Bit impatient IMO.

P.s. I completely disagree with everything you're saying.

T7Vrilp.png

Er mate you do realise the mod who locked it hasn't been online in the last 2 hours (since sheepy made his announcement) so would have had no chance anyway? Bit impatient IMO.

P.s. I completely disagree with everything you're saying.

There are mods who are online right now. I have also reported the said moderator's post so that it is unlocked. The online moderators are not proceeding with the action. There is no reason I am aware of which requires the mod who locked a topic to be the one to unlock it.

No problem, you are free to disagree with everything I am saying.

77oKn5K.png

At this point >Bloc would be a better addition to P&W. 

Oh yea, because the incest and rape threads were so much better than a little bit of ASCII art spam

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Oh yea, because the incest and rape threads were so much better than a little bit of ASCII art spam

It's more the constant disobedience is getting old while complaining rigorously about the rules. It's a lot of spam and bullshit. 

Some Bloc threads were extreme but most were entertaining, this is just "please just stop posting, you're giving me a headache".

IpHGyGc.png

It's more the constant disobedience is getting old while complaining rigorously about the rules. It's a lot of spam and !@#$. 

Some Bloc threads were extreme but most were entertaining, this is just "please just stop posting, you're giving me a headache".

"entertaining"

That's a weird way to spell blood-boilingly retarded cancer inducing bullshit

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Another beautiful thing about the internet in general is that although people do not believe who you are even when you are ready to provide credentials, you are still yourself, and enjoy the full advantages of being yourself. What is more beautiful in this particular case is that you could not answer my direct question in sentence 3, and resorted to use a pseudo ad hominem technique in order to be able to answer my post with a straight face.

To prevent such an answer in the future, I am asking you a direct question: Why do you lock topics on this board when they aren't answered? Why have some moderators promised to unlock said topics when Sheepy returns, and have failed to do so?

Pre-emptive response to the obvious answer: No, my thread was NOT about the recent ruling. The rules regarding the illegality of ASCII images are extremely clear even if the rationale behind eludes me. It was about whether the recent ruling was contributing to the growth and happiness of the existing player-base. That question was not answered.

When Skynet said the thread would be unlocked when Sheepy returns, there was an implied "from Peru" at the end of the sentence. Perhaps it could have been stated more expressly, but that's why the threads haven't been unlocked yet. Sheepy hasn't returned from Peru.

We want any discussion on the issue of changing rules to occur while Sheepy is present to see the discussion as it is happening, rather than coming back to a long, detailed thread that has likely gone off the rails into non-productive discussion.

This is important because a change in the rules needs to be the result of a conversation with the admin, not just a conversation in front of the admin.