Black Market

Dwemyrn

Nah. Defeats the reason for a blockade in the first place.

I think he means like normal trade, just with higher prices and individual deals. So a blockade would block it like normal idk. 

Not too bad of an idea I would want to hear other's comments first.

I think he means like normal trade, just with higher prices and individual deals. So a blockade would block it like normal idk. 

Not too bad of an idea I would want to hear other's comments first.

Correct, even thought it's transferring cargo if you have a blockade on you, wouldn't be able to trade cargo like a blockade does on the normal market. This deals would be a player to player transaction and the cost would depend on who is selling what and for how much. I'm not referring to the trade of cargo although if you don't have a blockade on you, you could. I'm referring to an actually blackmarket, that works similar to the market but it's for cargo.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

As long as it costs the sender a huge fortune to send each of those things, this could work

Yeah and avoid giving multis power, I think the bigger items like nukes and missiles would have a fee tacked onto the delivery because I don't see someone sneaking a black market nuke trade with very much ease. Edited by Leonardo Da Vinci

Maybe put in that if a deal has been started/initiated, but the recipient has not yet taken custody of the items and a blockade is established, I think the nation establishing the blockade would be able to sieze the shipment with the shipment going to them. This would require nations dealing on the blackmarket to have an established navy in order to protect the shipments.

X4EfkAB.png

Maybe put in that if a deal has been started/initiated, but the recipient has not yet taken custody of the items and a blockade is established, I think the nation establishing the blockade would be able to sieze the shipment with the shipment going to them. This would require nations dealing on the blackmarket to have an established navy in order to protect the shipments.

Not a bad idea, if someone catches onto it and declares war on you, if blockaded they should be able to seize the shipment if they win the war.

If someone cared enough to send you high-priced smuggled goods wouldn't they just break the blockade for you and send you less expensive stuff instead?

What if they can't break the blockade?

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

Who will initiate the trade? Is it the seller? If so, what if the receiver nation buys a whole bunch of tanks, aircrafts, ships, missiles and nukes, which normally takes days to build and currently the only balance in a sudden war. Then use it to roll an unsuspecting alliance in just a few hours?

Right now, it's not a problem, as the game hasn't started for too long and everyone's still strapped for cash. But a year in the future, many small nations today will have big nations. Those already big now will become huge. I'm sure 100 million won't be much money for them by that time as opposed to the ability to roll a strong nation quickly.

Perhaps we could add a way to do specific trade sanctions that prohibits a nation from buying certain goods.  That would add a situation where a black market would make sense, being able to buy and sell goods without showing it on the public record.  Spies could be used to show a nation's black market record, what and to whom they've been selling.

As well as I think spies would be the ones that would execute to operation as well because it would be something you do in secrecy and that's what spies are actually for is having things done in secrecy. 

Wait, can this go over the normal military production cap? Because this could be another advantage to this system even when not blockaded.

I suppose that would depend on how it would be implemented in the game.