Hats

Alex

• Administrators

I know there's a lot of actual mechanics that need to be worked on, and I'm not ignoring that. I'm simply opening something up for discussion:

I'd like the game to be more oriented towards cosmetic donations instead of the bonus donations. To do that, we're going to need more appealing cosmetic items. I titled this topic "hats" as a reference to how TF2 works, people buy hats and customizable things like that.

What would you want to see, comparable to the "hats" of TF2? We have flags, forum pips, but what else would you want? Fancy backgrounds for alliance page? I'm sure you'll come up with better ideas than I will.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nation Perks

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

• Administrators

Nation Perks

Lets keep it on topic, unless anyone else would like a warn, too.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I know there's a lot of actual mechanics that need to be worked on, and I'm not ignoring that. I'm simply opening something up for discussion:

I'd like the game to be more oriented towards cosmetic donations instead of the bonus donations. To do that, we're going to need more appealing cosmetic items. I titled this topic "hats" as a reference to how TF2 works, people buy hats and customizable things like that.

What would you want to see, comparable to the "hats" of TF2? We have flags, forum pips, but what else would you want? Fancy backgrounds for alliance page? I'm sure you'll come up with better ideas than I will.

I have an idea! How about we remove the ability to sell credits on the market, because it makes the donation cap completely irrelevant? :v

But no, seriously, this isn't a bad idea I guess. Cosmetic things are really the only things I'm interested in, although I can't really think of any I'd want that aren't already there. Maybe a custom color scheme?

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Perhaps an option to embed a youtube video as a national anthem? You could embed it so no video shows, only leaving the bottom bar to pause/play.

This is a good idea as long as it doesn't play automatically when opening the page.

• Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Perhaps an option to embed a youtube video as a national anthem? You could embed it so no video shows, only leaving the bottom bar to pause/play.

They did this on Bloc and it was very successful. A lot of people donated just for that. 

This is a good idea as long as it doesn't play automatically when opening the page.

Umm... On the embed link, you can add a few characters and it will work. Rumsod "tried" to find a way to stop this, but he "couldn't find it." He was lazy. There could be a way to prevent adding the stuff, but I don't know about it. 

Anyways, something like Steam profile backgrounds would be pretty cool. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Changing the pictures on your city pages?

Customizing the colors or making a new theme on your nation page?

This. So much this. The default pictures for cities are hopelessly bland

If we're going after cosmetics, maybe an ability to write your own nation description? Not the custom description, I mean the one beside the flag.

• Upvote 2
UedhRvY.png

How about you have a donation where if you gib 2 credits, the donator will get a new website theme, or be able to create their own?

Or flag gifs. Flag gif's would be dope.

Or you could have members pay 2 credits to get another spy attack for a day, or be able to buy more military

I have 2 many ideas Sheepy  :(

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Could do City Flags as well.

Kinda like how USA has one flag, and each state and each city has their own.

Edited by Rampage

I agree with keeping things cosmetic. Thus my earlier suggestion of 'unlocking' skins/theme changes to the game. Perhaps a theme system such as 'space' or 'dark ages' or something as well for those alliances or people that enjoy their role playing or alliance theme.

• Upvote 2

q8nfyvc.gif

I'd imagine most people wouldn't pay for it then. I'd also like to change the video at will.

I assume most people will just link songs they like, anyways.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

This isn't really a donation per say, but on the cities, when you click on the cities, maybe have kind of a 3d picture depicting your city, It wouldn't have to be perfect, but a little more cosmetic, as your city grows in population, the 3d image shows a slightly larger collection of buildings, and it would show certain (not all) but some certain improvements, like when you have a stadium, it shows a stadium, when you have 2, it shows like one baseball and one football stadium, same thing with shipyards and airfields. No difference in gameplay, just a different display.

"Head-shots for days"

Here is a cosmetic donation

Customize military names:

Effect: When you purchase this, you may change the name of a specific unit.

Cost: 1 Credit per military unit

How it would work:  You would go to a unit, Like soldiers. You click on soldiers, and it takes you to the soldiers page, then there will be a small highlighted "change" next to the word Soldiers, click on this link, and it takes you to the "Press Room" page. On this page the unit you had selected is already pre-selected in a "speech Prompt" and there is a blank space where you type the name of what you would like those units to be called. You type that in, and then there is a blue button at the bottom of the page and it say PUBLISH, then the required credits is withdrawn from your nation's account. Then, no only will your units be called something else on Your military unit page, but in the Nation information page also, so other nations can also see what you military units are called.

P.S. I know that this looks like a lot, but it isn't any more complicated than the process of changing your city names, but since this deals with military units, I decided to add that little Press room page. And Sheepy, If you do like this one, I would be happy to give you more specification on the press room and write that speech prompt, but you would have to do the programming.

"Head-shots for days"

I like the ideas about national anthems and customisable pictures for each city, and for the alliance!

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I'd like the ability to rename my cities as "states" or "provinces." And more customization for cities in general.

When you get to the size of 2000+ square miles for cities it seems a bit ridiculous. For comparison, the urban area of Paris is only about 1000 square miles.

Edited by Nobeard
  • Upvote 1

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."

• 2 weeks later...

Or you could have members pay 2 credits to get another spy attack for a day, or be able to buy more military

git out

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?