I don't understand one thing.

Six of Ten

How come on forums like this, Ass is a bad word and is usually filtered but Arse is allowed when they mean exactly the same thing? I mean wouldn't it make sense to filter US cusswords and their UK english counterparts (ie filtering both Ass and Arse) since you could sidestep the word filter by simply using the UK spelling?

what prompted this was Ozon3 getting busted for using the word Ass and confusing the word filer, but numerous posters have used Arse (Which isn't filtered at all). 

I feel the word filter should be expanded to cover the UK spellings of swear words. 

discuss. 

As you can see, that word is not filtered here at all.

Clearly someone who typed @$$ would be guilty of attempting to evade the word filter, but would not receive a warning because he has not evaded the word filter.

In other words, I have no idea what you're talking about. The problem you identify doesn't appear to exist, and the event that you say prompted this post doesn't appear to have ever happened.

They're different words with different meanings.  Americans are just incorrect, as usual. :D

Wat? No they aren't....

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

By this logic, fanny would have to be filtered.

Which would be HILARIOUS.

Somebody gets it! Thank you :)

What I was saying is alot of communities filter Ass, but not Arse, Fanny, Backside, rear end etc. I guess this could be extended to other words aswell. I intended this also to be a discussion of filtered words in general. alot of what we have filtered aren't bad words at all. What I'm getting here is we're filtering words because they SOUND vulgar when in other contexts they're not vulgar at all. in your points of view what should constitute a vulgar word?

Edited by Six of Ten

Eh, arse sounds more tame than ass.

I do think shit shouldn't be filtered though, especially since it really isn't worse than ass and is used in speech far more often than it.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I guess the game should able to screen and filter out the meaning instead of the word itself....lol

The meaning isn't the problem, it's the words themselves :v

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win