Recommendation for the Beige mechanic

Sweeeeet Ronny D

So when a person loses a war, (lose 6 consecutive immense triumph GAs or eats a nuke) they get sent to beige for a maximum of 60 turns. (I believe its 60, i could be wrong there)

While on beige, from what I understand, they cannot declare or have any wars declared on them, and I think that is a great mechanic for the nation that is sent to beige. (it gives them time to reload, or take a few days off from getting thier butt kicked)

What I dont like, is that a nation can jump off of beige whenever they want, so if you are fighting and just biege a nation, one turn later they can jump back off beige, and start beating on your alliance mates.  You cant do anything about it either because you cant declare war on them for another X turns.

Beiging your opponent serves no tactical advantage to the "winner of the war", so what I would like to propose is that if you get sent to beige, you are forced to stay thier for a minimum amount of time, be it 3 days or the 5 day timer that normally kicks in when you change your color.  I would propose a 3 day min, and then they can jump out anytime they want between the 3-5 days until they get sent to grey.  That way the winner wont have to worry about them for another 3 days, but it still gives the loser a bit of unpredictability of when they are going to jump back out.

This will add more stratedgy to alliance warfare, because it can allow them to isolate people, and it will make nukes much more useful, because nukers will be able to remove large threats from the battlefield for atleast a few days before they can come back in, and allow them to focus on other targets.  I think it would also put more emphasis on winning GAs because there is an actual reason to want to send someone to beige now.

With proper coordination this can help the aggressor quickly work down the defender, or the other way around, if the defender is on the ball, they can quickly even the odds in a fight if they can quickly send a bunch of the aggresor's nations to beige, and they can then focus on defending against the guys left over.

If this does get passed, I would also propose that if you get nuked not only does the nation get sent to beige, but thier war ends as well.  That would make Nukes much more tacitcally viable and useful than they are currently.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D
  • Upvote 3

If I'm not mistaken, there is already at least a 24 hour waiting period before you can unbeige yourself.

Eh, not sure. The one time I was beiged I'm pretty sure I got out an hour or so later. Unless its based on the update/rollover for the day which is just silly.

As for the suggestion: I can get behind this.

q8nfyvc.gif

Interesting suggestion. It doesn't seem to me like this situation where a nation loses a war and goes back for more before leaving beige happens all that often. Maybe with rogues and mercenaries, but not in typical full-scale alliance wars. 

While it would encourage more strategy if used in an alliance situation wouldn't it cut back on potential tactics for our professional killers out there?

What about something where a defender knocks a nation to beige, and that ties up the defensive slot that was being used by that nation for the remainder of the original war duration?

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

If I'm not mistaken, there is already at least a 24 hour waiting period before you can unbeige yourself.

i dont believe so, I have seen people get beiged jump right back out of beige and hit more people.  Double check with diabolos tho, because he was the one that I saw do that.

That sounds very overpowered

Not really.

War right now hugely favors the first-strike. If a person is attacked, and still is able to come back and obtain a "victory" through ground attacks, they should be rewarded with a slight reprieve.

It would also encourage standing ground forces, both in offense and defense, even if the attacking nation's only intent is to fire missiles at the enemy until they are reduced to rubble.

The period of time in which that defensive slot is locked up could be adjusted, but the most it could last under my proposal is 4 days (it is impossible to achieve victory in war in less than 24 hours), whereas the attacking nation that is defeated gets beige protection for 5 days and suffers less damage from the ground attacks than it would from missiles/ships/planes.

It would create real options that force nations to make decisions between multiple paths that could be equally viable. Where's the harm in that?

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I think this is a great idea.  Beiging someone already is pointless, so at least make it so they have to say on beige for the amount of time other people can't attack them.

This was brought up previously about the beige mechanic and the fact there's no need to beige someone. It was shot down because it affects not just war, but also a victim of raiding.

Personally, I feel like it should be on the color timer just like changing a color manually.

• Upvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

i dont believe so, I have seen people get beiged jump right back out of beige and hit more people.  Double check with diabolos tho, because he was the one that I saw do that.

I got beiged before. I tried changing my color back but it wouldn't let me. Or perhaps I'm forgetting something.

#6 in P&W Beta

This was brought up previously about the beige mechanic and the fact there's no need to beige someone. It was shot down because it affects not just war, but also a victim of raiding.

Personally, I feel like it should be on the color timer just like changing a color manually.

I concur, If it was up to me, I also think it should be on the color timer.  I was just trying to be a little more flexable about it.

• 1 month later...

Beige should be 5 days. That way you can make a decision to beige someone as a way of quickly knocking a threat out of a bigger war for five days. This will introduce more strategy into warfare

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong