Economic Overhaul

Shellhound

make it to where one can build a prohect every 2500 infra instead of 5k infra thus more resources go to projects. We could also throw in a resource maintenance cost in military units say 1 steel and 1 gas and 2 munitions per 100 tanks. It sounds miniscule but over all our nations militaries it would add up. I mean really in peace time tgey have war ganes that consume quite a bit if resources.

Interesting idea, but it does take some sovereignty out of running your own nation.

I will say that as nations get larger, pollution costs drive up the real cost of production.  So at my level the only thing I can make money on is Alum (other than in wartime, which everything makes you money).  I'm very surprised food demand hasn't gone back down to 35 a unit, as this is the long-term trend and that's how it was in early rounds.  But like last187 said, if resource prices drop too hard, they will rebound as people will stop selling/producing them and go back to buying them, driving the price back up.

After Sheepy implemented the infra project it really made most raw and refined goods in a real sweet spot.  Whereas small and large nations could profit off the sale of iron, coal, baux, even oil.  Uranium will have a long-term uptrend so that one doesn't need any propping up.

While seeing every alliance in this game reenact the fall of the soviet union would be fun to watch i don't think it would be healthy for the game in the long run.

When the player population rises there will be a temporary fall in prices because of an influx of new production, if people really want to see the price of goods rise they just have to focus less on resource production and more on generating revenue.

Do try to remember any baseline increase in costs will make it harder for new players to start and progress, but inversely when resource prices rise a new player can take advantage of that by producing more of that resource assuming they are on the correct continent.

Edited by Quew