Dev Discussion

Jodo

Earlier tonight there was a small gathering of people for an impromptu discussion of color bonuses, as well as other ramblings. In the interest of fairness and openness to the community, Here's the logs.

http://pastebin.com/zfRi6qtM

It's fairly lengthy, got a bit heated at points, but I felt that the info/talk should be put out there. 

• Upvote 2

q8nfyvc.gif

[00:17] <Sweeeeet_Ronny_D> oh i just convinced a bunch of crap alliances to leave green today

inb4 war against tyranny :v

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I still waiting for a 10%+ alliance bonus through group contribution instead of the formula like this....which means I can't forcing the small alliance to get all of them orange..

Edited by Arthur James

Thanks for posting this Jodo! You cool cat!

Anyways, best things mentioned imo

So if you want to encourage top level raiding, you’d need to give some structural advantages to lone wolf types

1. [00:58] <Sheepy> Some people may find them irrelevant, which is fine
  2. [00:58] <Sheepy> Others may enjoy it
  3. [00:58] <Sheepy> I don't think it's hurting any
  4. [00:58] <underlordgc> If not remove it I'd say set trasures to spawn in nations under 500 score only

// I also like the perks idea but have posted in the relevant thread. 

1. <Tenages> Your rainbow council or whatever it was called
  2. [00:58] <underlordgc> ^
  3. [00:58] <underlordgc> most people were actually willing to give it a shot
  4. [00:59] <Sweeeeet_Ronny_D> was that like the senate in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)?
That should be a player meta game deal. Not a mechanic.

//Agree very much with this, in NationStates there were many wars ect. involving the Invader / Defender aspect of the before they nerfed it with regional influence. Game mechanics just don't meansure up to the fun of player created games/ideas.

Anyways if you WOULD want to do that idea DO NOT call in the UN. ;)
anyways in NS it does basically nothing, you can pass measures, condemn people but it is for all just show. And some crazy things have been passed. In P&W you could make a condemnation = embargo but I don't know how you could pass resolutions.

1. [01:08] <Sheepy> But Cynic|afk - The idea is you'd make this union, set floor prices, like you can't sell oil for less than $X, and then anyone in your union wouldn't be able to sell for less than $X
That also seems like an interesting idea.
Anyways, I never played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) much so I don't know what that senate is or whatever but in there was to be such a council/union mechanic it would have to be very good or it would just be ignored or abused if possible. I prefer roleplay so the World Assembly in NS is great but might not work here.

Thanks again Jodo for posting this. I had no idea this happened.

Thanks for caring sheeps. Ayy lmao

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

• Administrators

Just so everyone is aware, I was tinkering around with the color stock formula and had come up with what I thought was a reasonable fix. I invited a few prominent community members that I thought wouldn't spam the channel or get off topic and invited them to a random other channel I joined so that I could hash it out before I made the changes. 

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just so everyone is aware, I was tinkering around with the color stock formula and had come up with what I thought was a reasonable fix. I invited a few prominent community members that I thought wouldn't spam the channel or get off topic and invited them to a random other channel I joined so that I could hash it out before I made the changes.

Hurt I wasn't invited :(

Imo, the new color stock makes it too easy for everyone to get 10%. No conflict. Really should be capped at 20% but require tons of effort to get above 10%. No one is likely to fight for 5% => 10% but alliances would fight for 5% => 20%.

But, thanks for caring enough to continue tinkering with it.

SoS it was very late/early in the day. Many people were sleeping. I'm sure it wasn't anything personal.

On that note, I'm surprised I WAS invited. I'm basically retarded.

Edited by Jodo

q8nfyvc.gif

SoS it was very late/early in the day. Many people were sleeping. I'm sure it wasn't anything personal.

On that note, I'm surprised I WAS invited. I'm basically retarded.

I was to, don't be to surprised :P

But yea, I was actually about to go to sleep when this came up

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win