Electro-Magnetic Pulse Weapons

President Bob

Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) is a term used for a weapon that releases an wave of electric current that temporarily disables anything that uses electricity. I believe that the game should have weapons that use EMP to allow tanks, planes, missiles, ships, and even nukes to be disabled for a certain period of time during wars, forcing players to use only soldiers.

They could also be used to disable factories, refineries, and other things in cities to help disrupt production and manufacture of resources.

Edited by President Bob

I request Dyson Spheres.

• Upvote 1

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Interesting idea but would it require a project like missiles? Also seems like there would need to be a cool down longer than its duration to avoid being permanently emp'd, but I really like the idea.

6XmKiC2.png

I think this is something to add as an extra military option after more people have gotten nukes. I think if we change military things it should be with the current stuff or spies before we add things like this.

Not a bad idea, but I would wait a bit on this one.

Or make it like a bomb. A nation can only hold 1 at a time....make it require a project and an infra amount to function. Give it a percentage chance to connect.

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) is a term used for a weapon that releases an wave of electric current that temporarily disables anything that uses electricity. I believe that the game should have weapons that use EMP to allow tanks, planes, missiles, ships, and even nukes to be disabled for a certain period of time during wars, forcing players to use only soldiers.

They could also be used to disable factories, refineries, and other things in cities to help disrupt production and manufacture of resources.

I like this idea. I'm going to throw in my two cents.

Going to point out, an EMP (in the form we are all probably most familiar with) is just a nuke detonated above a city. Known as a high-altitude electro magnetic pulse (HEMP).

That being said, I think we should add some realism to it.

1. EMP's should require a separate project.

2. You should be required to own nukes. (In fact, why not make them nukes themselves, only used as an EMP blast, so they don't destroy infra, only wipe out power?)

3. EMP attacks should wipe out all power to a particular city. (should they destroy power plants or just temporarily knock out power? If the latter, how long?)

4. There should be a cool down period of a week or more until you can be hit with an EMP again.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I like this idea. I'm going to throw in my two cents.

Going to point out, an EMP (in the form we are all probably most familiar with) is just a nuke detonated above a city. Known as a high-altitude electro magnetic pulse (HEMP).

That being said, I think we should add some realism to it.

1. EMP's should require a separate project.

2. You should be required to own nukes. (In fact, why not make them nukes themselves, only used as an EMP blast, so they don't destroy infra, only wipe out power?)

3. EMP attacks should wipe out all power to a particular city. (should they destroy power plants or just temporarily knock out power? If the latter, how long?)

4. There should be a cool down period of a week or more until you can be hit with an EMP again.

It should just destroy the factories. I think they should be used like spy ops, but limit 1 a day, and the nation knows which nation did it.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

It should just destroy the factories. I think they should be used like spy ops, but limit 1 a day, and the nation knows which nation did it.

Why should it destroy them? It should not destroy them but just shut them down if anything. I mean if you are destroying a city with a nuke then there is destruction.

Well, in reality, nukes actually do set off an EMP. So it should completely level one city while causing a lot of damage to surrounding cities, and the EMP a few miles farther. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

EMP nukes would NOT damage any city as generally they go off way up in the air to maximise the area of EMP effect.

Military equipment is generally hardened against EMP pulses these days however in terms of actual weaponry like tanks and planes. Military infrastructure is supposedly hardened too but probably still suffers to a certain extent.

Main action would be to wipe out ALL electrical items in a set area (which could and probably should be several cities worth ie 25-50% of all cities owned) so you'd essentially 'kill' off ALL improvements that require power.

I'd suggest that these dead improvements return to action over a period of time, perhaps 2-4 improvements per day (or 1 per 3-4 turns) AND you have to select which one you get back yourself.

In principle there probably should be some sort of pollution increase in the effected cities albeit not a massive one compared to a nuke hitting the city direct which would also scale back to zero over time.

• Upvote 1

Well, in reality, nukes actually do set off an EMP. So it should completely level one city while causing a lot of damage to surrounding cities, and the EMP a few miles farther. 

EMP attacks to not level cities. They kill electronics, not people. As bagpuss said, they detonate clear up in the air.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

The level of EMP we are talking about would not kill, though detinating a nuke over a city would still cause damage. The ones used against Japan were detinated at 1500 ft. There are more powerful forms of EMP that can kill. Lightning of an form of EMP.

Edited by President Bob

What you forget, is that most EMP weapons are small, (vehicle mounted) these weapons can only disable devices up to 2 miles away. Also, EMP shielding already exists, EMP shielding is applied to all U.S. and Russian aircraft. Then you got it wrong, EMP's do not temporarily disable electronics, EMP's PERMANENTLY DESTROY transistors which are a key component to electrical circuit boards. Easy fix, don't use transistors, (You need something to take th place of the transistors btw). You have to use "tubes" which were standard on all electrical equipment until the late 1950s (because transistors are cheaper, smaller, and more efficient) Tubes are immune to the effects of an emp, which is why Russian fighter planes STILL use tubes and not transistors. And Lastly, The only EMP that is capable of knocking out an entire military infrastructure is that which is naturally generated when a nuclear bomb is detonated. And that emp means little since you just hit them with a figgin nuke!

BTW, EMP shielding is on ALL U.S. military vehicles, rocket launchers, missiles, ICBM's, missile cilos, and military command posts. And most western militarys are currently doing the same to their militarys so that even in the worst case scenario, the army can still fight effectively. If you played MW2, that part when the EMP hits DC and all the stuff quits working, that is false. The only part that was accurate was that civilian power went out, and that their rifle sights went off line because they don't need to shield those because they still have their iron sights. Every other peace of military hardware wood have kept working. (they made it the way they did because it made things more interesting.

In Summary, EMP's would not be effective against ANY military targets because the game's military stats are based on U.S. military abilities. You can research these facts on the web and if you do enough research, you will find that most reports will match my statement. You can also watch several different programs on the military network, or you can go to you local high school and ask a couple physics teachers.

My Answer to this is NO!

Respectfully, Jefferson Davis

"Head-shots for days"