Navy Damage

Aenir

I've seen some discussion of cost vs. power for missiles and navy, but haven't noticed any mention of the fact that ships are multi-use and missiles are single-use. I don't know if there's actually a problem here, but that's worth factoring in.

• Upvote 1

hxvRjGK.jpg

He should've lost some ships though, regardless of what anyone says. In war, MAINLY at a Naval Battle there's always loses, even if it's a great victory you may have lost one ship, as that's logic and realistic. The point of this game is to be a simulation, which directly looks out to look like how REAL wars work.

I've seen some discussion of cost vs. power for missiles and navy, but haven't noticed any mention of the fact that ships are multi-use and missiles are single-use. I don't know if there's actually a problem here, but that's worth factoring in.

Id say this is outweighed by the lack of ability to combat missiles using military or not being able to defend against them whatsoever along with missiles being much harder to spy. I do agree casualties should be increased though, similar to planes, just damage shouldn't be changed.

Edit: and, of course, the ability to stockpile before a war and then have no costs to fire when in war. 

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

Air damage has a cap though, and it makes a big difference in war

If ships don't then they will be worth way more

My suggestion is either cap ship damage like with air

Or take the cap off air force damage, so people will care.

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

See, the problem is that they didn't even take "very little damage".  They took no damage at all.

He should've lost some ships though, regardless of what anyone says. In war, MAINLY at a Naval Battle there's always loses, even if it's a great victory you may have lost one ship, as that's logic and realistic. The point of this game is to be a simulation, which directly looks out to look like how REAL wars work.

Both of you should realize this, though. This game doesn't take into effect hit points or anything like that - it's all or nothing. 

Each one of those ships could have all kinds of bullet holes in them, but as soon as the battle is over, the magical faeries sprinkle their dust and bam, ships are restored. 

If one ship is so badly damaged it has to be abandoned, then it's scuttled and left to the oceanic graveyard. 

tl;dr just because a ship doesn't sink doesn't mean it didn't take damage. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

No it does not ever ATTEMPT to be exactly how real wars work or in fact like the real ANYTHING. We are dealing with math and probabilities, binary outcomes. 

Edited by ELPINCHAZO

Air damage has a cap though, and it makes a big difference in war

If ships don't then they will be worth way more

My suggestion is either cap ship damage like with air

Or take the cap off air force damage, so people will care.

Wrong I'm afraid. A lot of people think AF has a cap, it doesn't. (source: we tested it).

• Upvote 3
T7Vrilp.png

Just used 35 ships in a naval attack, only destroyed 15 infra. It seems that Sheepy has heard the masses :P

Based on the craziness of the range in numbers it could be due to this: ElP's first big navy attack killed all his ships, did he have any ships left when you attacked Atzuya? Planes did this weird thing on bombing runs before.. Lets say they had no planes and you did a bombing run, you'd kill 30-50 or so infra. Lets say they had 30 planes and you killed 20ish in your attack and also got under 10 infra.. But if you bombed, killed ALL their remaining planes, infra damage shot way up and killed 75-125. Same with ground attacks killing the last big bit of troops.. Might be doing it with navy too. Unless this weird glitch was fixed.

scSqPGJ.gif

Based on the craziness of the range in numbers it could be due to this: ElP's first big navy attack killed all his ships, did he have any ships left when you attacked Atzuya? Planes did this weird thing on bombing runs before.. Lets say they had no planes and you did a bombing run, you'd kill 30-50 or so infra. Lets say they had 30 planes and you killed 20ish in your attack and also got under 10 infra.. But if you bombed, killed ALL their remaining planes, infra damage shot way up and killed 75-125. Same with ground attacks killing the last big bit of troops.. Might be doing it with navy too. Unless this weird glitch was fixed.

I think there is just a lot of variance in the damage to begin with.

I dunno this kinda makes sense to me, and is therefore an actual bug

T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

Wrong I'm afraid. A lot of people think AF has a cap, it doesn't. (source: we tested it).

Correct. Damage scales with the number of units.

EDIT: Let me clarify, it scales with the discrepancy between unit count. 100 planes vs 100 planes isn't going to be more than 5 planes vs 5 planes, necessarily.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

There is or was during marionette war, a cap on aircraft. I sent over 100 against 0 and got approximately 40 dammage then next turn send 8 and got approximately 40 again.

Yes in real life navy's do battles and never loose a ship. Before the invention of radar,(wwII) sometimes whole fleets would get sunk and never know where or who was shooting. Not too many friendly fire ship accidents.

John, that's not a cap, its just under 200 AF does the same as 5 AF. Its a !@#$ system, but Ive seen 330 AF do 100inf damage

We'll see. I've got 300+, will do an airstrike as soon as I have the turns

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!