Iran Nuclear Deal

elsuper

@Alice Lune

Not every American supports those actions. You say sorry for it sounding condemning America but you do not mean it. Do not place every American in the same category because in all reality the Representatives are in charge, not the U.S citizens.

PoJQyFJ.gif

First: Iran is a rational actor.  If you disagree with this then reply before reading because we need to talk about that.

Once we work that out-or if you accept the above premise:
The USA's primary concern is to re-balance power in the region.  Without a 30 page thesis, and hence with admitted inaccuracy, it is currently unbalanced in favor of the Suni block lead by SA and the GCS.  This imbalance has lead to events contrary to the USA's interests -the most obvious of which is the rise of ISIL.  It is natural, and the 'best', move for the USA to normalize relations and allow Iran to reestablish is historic role in balancing the region between the hindu kush and the levant.

//////

PS: What is up with this forum and spell check?

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

Nope. Please learn about nukes before you say stupid !@#$ like this. 

Aggression as in? 

They could very easily use a newly developed weapon against us if we cut foreign aid, which we should. 

Yes they have. It is kind of against a group that !@#$ burns people alive, but it is an offensive war outside their boundaries. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_intervention_in_Iraq_(2014%E2%80%93present)#Intervention

don't you foreigners always complain about us Americans always attacking everyone?? :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if its a good deal or not.  The bottom line is either we make a deal or we agree to have 20,000 or so dead American soldiers in another war of occupation.

So, I think even a bad deal is better then that, as long as it isn't a terrible deal.

Duke of House Greyjoy

Iran shouldn't have nuclear power or similiar things, because that part of world is in crysis and fighting against terrorists.Whole world could be in danger if nuclear power gets in terrorists hands...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if iran get's nuclear power. all middle east countries will want nukes as well. a middle eastern cold war could be the result of this. (Just my view)

• Upvote 1

"History repeats it'self because no one listened the first time, nor even the second time."

I doubt that, they don't need nuclear weapons themselves when they have allies that possess them. It's pretty expensive to maintain a nuclear weapons program you know. None of the Middle Eastern nations are so strong in relation to other Middle Eastern nations that they should need nuclear weapons. They don't need a nuclear deterrent because none of them could defeat each other conventionally anyway, nor do I think they see much point in spending a ton of money on creating weapons that won't ever be used. In Europe, Britain, Russia and France all possess nuclear weapons. Now, does that mean all the other European nations are clamoring for the same? Nope. In Asia, China, India and Pakistan all possess them, but you don't hear about every single other Asian country trying to get them as well.

The only country in the Middle East with nuclear weapons is Israel. You know, the people who wanted to strike first when they found out Iran was pursuing nuclear power, which they have every right to pursue. I'd be much more worried about Israel going all "Leeroy Jenkins" than I'd be about Iran.

You are right about one thing though, the Middle East is in a sort of cold war (though it sure heats up sometimes), between the Sunni and the Shia muslims. Yemen is a great example of this.

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg