Wiki Vandalism

Kurdanak

If you come across a possible case of vandalism on the Politics and War Wiki, please report it here, or in a PM, to be handled by myself or one of the other wiki admins.

I personally check any changes to the wiki approximately every hour, so I normally catch any cases before it's noticed by anyone else. However, it's better to be as safe and efficient as possible! Thank you in advance. :)

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 5
xzhPlEh.png?1

• Administrators

I personally check any changes to the wiki approximately every hour, so I normally catch any cases before it's noticed by anyone else. 

Thank you for doing this.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Are you guys just doing the main wiki page or are you making wiki's for all conflicts etc?

It would be wonderful to have a wiki page for each conflict. World War Alpha, War of Debatable Aggression, Marionette War - all good examples, but it should also include minor conflicts such as the TEst-SI War and the current BoC-ESA War. Anyone can work on them and contribute, but the key is keeping those pages as neutral as possible (which is where the admin team also comes in, to ensure that neutrality is maintained on the wiki). I've been thinking about offering personal incentives to those who work on them, but I'd need a decent system. :)
xzhPlEh.png?1

It would be wonderful to have a wiki page for each conflict. World War Alpha, War of Debatable Aggression, Marionette War - all good examples, but it should also include minor conflicts such as the TEst-SI War and the current BoC-ESA War. Anyone can work on them and contribute, but the key is keeping those pages as neutral as possible (which is where the admin team also comes in, to ensure that neutrality is maintained on the wiki). I've been thinking about offering personal incentives to those who work on them, but I'd need a decent system. :)

Yeah I would do it myself If I figured out the wiki and how to do those I have never really done them myself.

• Administrators

DrRush thought a badge for being a wiki contributor would be a good incentive, and I agree that that's entirely a feasible reward.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

DrRush thought a badge for being a wiki contributor would be a good incentive, and I agree that that's entirely a feasible reward.

From the viewpoint of an average player, that's a pretty insignificant bragging right. :P

A thought would be to link wiki badges to in-game bonuses, or something along those lines, with the admins monitoring for frivolous edits in an attempt to gather as many badges as possible for the bonuses.

xzhPlEh.png?1

• Wiki Mod

Are you guys just doing the main wiki page or are you making wiki's for all conflicts etc?

The main page is very broken & as far as I can tell no here has sufficient knowledge of wiki raw code to fix it. For the moment I am focusing on getting what is on the wiki organized. Thus the new category system changes to the navigation bar. I am also working on laying some wiki development guidelines & best practices in an attempt to standardize page layouts & the like. Once this is done if the other admins are in agreement, I can reach out to the volunteer wiki development team & they will help us with stuff like the front page & side navigation bars.

Yeah I would do it myself If I figured out the wiki and how to do those I have never really done them myself.

With the exception of certain special pages the wiki is fairly easy to work with. Its a visual editor with just a couple of basic functions for formatting. As an average user the absolute worst thing you could, is a 10 second fix for an admin. So breaking the wiki is not something you should worry to much about. Also if you just don't want to deal with thwe wiki just write up any text you want broken into sections & I can copy it into the wiki. 

From the viewpoint of an average player, that's a pretty insignificant bragging right. :P

A thought would be to link wiki badges to in-game bonuses, or something along those lines, with the admins monitoring for frivolous edits in an attempt to gather as many badges as possible for the bonuses.

I discussed cash incentives with sheepy as well. We agreed that it was just to problematic.

It certain places I think neutrality is not really attainable such as in the war pages. No one is ever going to go "Hey, we are the bad guys who started this war." I think in these case maybe a standard layout where someone from each side gives their view point would be better.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

It certain places I think neutrality is not really attainable such as in the war pages. No one is ever going to go "Hey, we are the bad guys who started this war." I think in these case maybe a standard layout where someone from each side gives their view point would be better.

Here's some good examples of what I'm going for, from the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) wiki - http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Global_Wars
xzhPlEh.png?1