SKRP: A Global Geopolitical Roleplay

Brooklyn666

The setting for the SKRP is the Cold War era but as we know it. After World War II, a devastating plague struck, and much of the world has fallen into anarchy and chaos. Slowly but surely, order is being restored. Old nations struggle to recreate themselves, and new nations are rising from the ashes. While old rivalries may have died along with the old world order, new hatreds and passions are quick to arise. (A detailed backstory is available once you sign up.)

Will you rule an transcontinal empire, or a small island nation? Will you be a beacon of peace, or a monger of war? Will you lead as a free ruler, or a tyrannical despot? All of these choices and more are up to you as you establish your nation and interact with your neighbors, allies, and enemies, and write the stories of you leaders and your people.

To sign up, register an account at the Seven Kingdoms forums here, and then post in the SKRP signup thread here.

Feel free to pm me here or find me on IRC if you have any questions.

STgZ5fT.jpg?1

Edited by Brooklyn666

eStUYHv.png

SK:RP is really fun if you have the time. It is based off of your own initiative and reasoning, so many mechanics are decided by yourself around the rules but are usually mutually agreed upon by any parties involved.

Edited by The Captain Nao
  • Upvote 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

SK:RP is really fun if you have the time. It is based off of your own initiative and reasoning, so many mechanics are decided by yourself around the rules but are usually mutually agreed upon by any parties involved.

The thing is I don't know how crap works. We get 100 points but do they regenerate? What does industry affect? How is combat decided, is it like here (who has more wins 100 percent) or we can pull a Sun Tzu 30k vs 200k victory?

The thing is I don't know how crap works. We get 100 points but do they regenerate? What does industry affect? How is combat decided, is it like here (who has more wins 100 percent) or we can pull a Sun Tzu 30k vs 200k victory?

Most of the rules within the game forums itself will answer these questions. In terms of how combat is decided, you can usually join the skrp irc channel and discuss how the battles will go etc. The points can be spent any way you see fit (in predetermined categories), and are awarded occasionally to specific players or all players based on the gm's decision. Industry increases the regenerative power of your military. You can pull off a victory with 30k to 200k, but it is rp so it is decided beforehand. Again, most of this info is detailed on the forums.

Edited by The Captain Nao

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Most of the rules within the game forums itself will answer these questions. In terms of how combat is decided, you can usually join the skrp irc channel and discuss how the battles will go etc. The points can be spent any way you see fit (in predetermined categories), and are awarded occasionally to specific players or all players based on the gm's decision. Industry increases the regenerative power of your military. You can pull off a victory with 30k to 200k, but it is rp so it is decided beforehand. Again, most of this info is detailed on the forums.

So I go to IRC (is PMing viable?) and disucss the outcome of the battle? What? ''Hey man my commander has the genius trait and brilliant stratigest he has more martial and therefore wins''*.

How does this work? Maybe it does work in a fair and balanced way but how?!

And where is the OCC thread btw

*guess the game

Edited by Pwnius Scrubius

Points regenerate, and industry affects how fast they do. Combat is decided largely by working with your fellow rpers to determine strategy, tactics and equipment. Technology is helpful, but it won't win wars by itself. The RP is very open ended with where you want to take it. Me and the other GM make sure everyone abides by the rules and keep things fair.

I know it seams daunting, but it's all explained in guide after you sign up. If you want, sign up for an account on SK and I'll mask you for the RP forums. Then you can poke around and see if you like it.

Edited by Brooklyn666

eStUYHv.png

Points regenerate, and industry affects how fast they do. Combat is decided largely by working with your fellow rpers to determine strategy, tactics and equipment. Technology is helpful, but it won't win wars by itself. The RP is very open ended with where you want to take it. Me and the other GM make sure everyone abides by the rules and keep things fair.

I know it seams daunting, but it's all explained in guide after you sign up. If you want, sign up for an account on SK and I'll mask you for the RP forums. Then you can poke around and see if you like it.

So if I sign up, I get a nice, better guide?

Also, can you show an example of IRC discussion for battles? I don't wanna look like a jerk.

So if I sign up, I get a nice, better guide?

Also, can you show an example of IRC discussion for battles? I don't wanna look like a jerk.

All battles have been done on the forums so far. Don't worry, you won't look like a jerk.  Just make an account at 7kingdoms.net and shoot me a pm, I'll flll you in there

eStUYHv.png

All battles have been done on the forums so far. Don't worry, you won't look like a jerk.  Just make an account at 7kingdoms.net and shoot me a pm, I'll flll you in there

I signed up on the forums but I realized I will be gone for two days, so just ignore my profile for now

I signed up on the forums but I realized I will be gone for two days, so just ignore my profile for now

No worries. I sent you a pm there, so just take a look when you get back.

I'm glad you had fun Nao. Wish you were still with us though!

eStUYHv.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...