A Foundation of an Announcement

Britishdude

This will turn out terribly, I'm sure. Anybody remember BD's last alliance? Infinity? Me neither.

:ehm:

But you're talking about it scum.

uRRoadScumRuler

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

I look forward to you only going to war for strictly defensive reasons.

Well, there are a couple ways we can look at that.

One, defense can easily be extended to allies, or allies' allies, which would involve an offense of our own. In most cases I'm aware of, this is considered legitimately defensive if done via a treaty. The question of defending an ally who started a war would be another one, though, which I'm certain would need to be decided on a case by case basis, considering the strength of their CB and any moral factors.

OOC: Two, from a game-play perspective, we still want to win, right? Offensive wars are a part of the game, and they make the game fun. Look at it from the standpoint of a chess game. It wouldn't be very fun if one player never moved his pieces and never tried to take your pieces. It's in everyone's best interest, including our potential enemies, that we play like any other alliance as far as war goes, because war is what makes the world go round. /OOC

But no, our organization has never actually started an aggressive war in our eight and a half year history. (Have we fought in them? Yeah.) Not saying we won't on this planet, because its not the same situation, but it's a track record, whether one finds it impressive, boring, or any other combination of emotions.

So, all that to say, you may be disappointed if you're looking forward to us only declaring strictly defensive wars. 

It's far more likely that we'll only declare Strictly "defensive" wars. :ehm:

Edited by Aluminumsoldier

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing, Roman Cavalry choirs are singing

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I look forward to the first crusades of Orbis.

Congrats and stuff!

I look forward to you only going to war for strictly defensive reasons.

Why? Christians have their inquisitors and all their crusaders :P they can just claim they are purging heathens and they have a perfect CB

Edited by Brian Hurlston

eastwood.jpg

Well, there are a couple ways we can look at that.

One, defense can easily be extended to allies, or allies' allies, which would involve an offense of our own. In most cases I'm aware of, this is considered legitimately defensive if done via a treaty. The question of defending an ally who started a war would be another one, though, which I'm certain would need to be decided on a case by case basis, considering the strength of their CB and any moral factors.

OOC: Two, from a game-play perspective, we still want to win, right? Offensive wars are a part of the game, and they make the game fun. Look at it from the standpoint of a chess game. It wouldn't be very fun if one player never moved his pieces and never tried to take your pieces. It's in everyone's best interest, including our potential enemies, that we play like any other alliance as far as war goes, because war is what makes the world go round. /OOC

But no, our organization has never actually started an aggressive war in our eight and a half year history. (Have we fought in them? Yeah.) Not saying we won't on this planet, because its not the same situation, but it's a track record, whether one finds it impressive, boring, or any other combination of emotions.

So, all that to say, you may be disappointed if you're looking forward to us only declaring strictly defensive wars. 

tl;dr- We aren't the CCC. Orbis is like the wild west. We'll kick you around for no reason if we feel like it. :P

"Chop my head off, and it won't harm me. I have a God who will give me a new one". -Martin Luther