[Poll] [Discussion] What do you believe is the best power source?

Aleccs

Best power source?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What do you believe is the best power source?

• Wind
    • Coal
    • Oil
    • Nuclear

Wind is the best until 1100 infra, then nuclear.

Disclaimer: In wartime, coal is a better power source for those sub-1100 infra because it can be stockpiled and take less improvement slots

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

Disclaimer: In wartime, coal is a better power source for those sub-1100 infra because it can be stockpiled and take less improvement slots

Wind is a waste of improvement slots.

Obviously nuclear is the best, but only if you're large enough. Before nuclear, coal/oil.

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Oh, honey... :(

• Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

What reason would someone have for choosing coal over oil, or vice versa? (In the poll I mean)

Coal's advantage over oil is price. Oil's advantage over coal is environment.

If you're using one of the two, I don't really see a good reason to use oil unless you're producing it yourself.

Also, people always say Wind is a waste of improvement slots but it's honestly worthwhile when you factor in it's ridiculously low upkeep (particularly on the resource front). I never have to worry about buying anyone's coal, oil or uranium yet (though I'm about to switch to nuclear) and I can stockpile pretty massive amounts of stuff.

At the current market prices of resources wind power is significantly cheaper in the long run unless you produce your own fuel. Although it has a higher initial cost it's upkeep is low and requires no resources. I would also like to point out that although wind power takes up four improvement slots for every 1000 infra, so does coal and oil plants when you factor in the mines/wells to produce the resources necessary to run the power plant.

• Upvote 6

I've always been a coal producing nation, but I used oil as power before I switched to nuclear. Oil is consistently cheap, so I was able to stock up on it and use all of my produced coal for steel.

Wind is useful if you plan to be away for a while and don't want to worry about running out of resources. I've seen a few cases were wind was the best choice, but they are very specific scenarios.

• Upvote 1

If you're using one of the two, I don't really see a good reason to use oil unless you're producing it yourself.

Also, people always say Wind is a waste of improvement slots but it's honestly worthwhile when you factor in it's ridiculously low upkeep (particularly on the resource front). I never have to worry about buying anyone's coal, oil or uranium yet (though I'm about to switch to nuclear) and I can stockpile pretty massive amounts of stuff.

Honestly I think Wind is more useful on the 1100/1200 infra zone. You'll probably be in that zone for a while if you're on 5th or 6th city, or even 7th, which makes wind more economic than oil or coal, if only slightly. 

Z98SzIG.png

... wind power takes up four improvement slots for every 1000 infra, so does coal and oil plants when you factor in the mines/wells to produce the resources necessary to run the power plant.

But coal/oil also produce manufactured resources. If you wish to do that (and not import coal/oil), then you must use even more improvement slots as to power your cities AND have the necessary amount of mines as to not produce a negative amount.

• Upvote 1

His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Nicholas II

The Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias

politicsandwar.com/nation/id=4918

ehhEjM9.jpg

What? Oil is cheaper than coal

Like practically two fold.

Oil: 595

Coal: 850

Edited by MRBOOTY
  • Upvote 1

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

• Wiki Mod

Mensa is Dio Powered.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

What? Oil is cheaper than coal

Like practically two fold.

Oil: 595

Coal: 850

Huh. Hadn't checked it in a while, last I looked oil actually was more expensive.

Yeah, definitely go for oil over coal power-wise then.

Nuclear or wind power....nuclear plants can meltdown, wind is actually the safest and pretty efficient

Edited by Eviljak

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

Nuclear or wind power....nuclear plants can meltdown, wind is actually the safest and pretty efficient

Not quite - the nuclear meltdown feature has not actually been added yet (unless I missed something recently).
xzhPlEh.png?1

Not quite - the nuclear meltdown feature has not actually been added yet (unless I missed something recently).

You are correct. No nuclear meltdown has been added yet, though it has been discussed several times.

In theory then...wind is probably the best. Though it would be interesting to create a project that makes ur wind power plants work twice as good. From 250 to 500 infea each.

• Upvote 1

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

In theory then...wind is probably the best. Though it would be interesting to create a project that makes ur wind power plants work twice as good. From 250 to 500 infea each.

Care to put that in it's own suggestion thread?

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg