2/8/2015 - Peek at Future Updates

Alex

Sounds great but if I may be so blunt, I think instead of adding new features like those, you should work on adding the suggestions which got the green light or approval from you. Many of them are just lying there, even after they got acceptance from the community. If I were you, I'd add a few of those first - particularly those with least resistance before moving into these. Then again, you are the coder and owner, it is upto you to judge what's best route to take. Wanted to give my 2 cents, nonetheless.

Edited by Niklaus
  • Upvote 1

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

3) Moon Colonies

This idea is the farthest out, but it's becoming apparent that the game is highly inflated with cash and resources. I think we need more ways to blow money and resources aside from wars, and so one of my thoughts was adding an entirely new mechanic to the game, something like the ability to establish Moon Colonies. I'm undecided on what they might do, yet, but I'd like there to me more "resource sinks" so that the game doesn't ever get broken from too much resource inflation

Would star war happen? hmm, I felt like the colonize the existing nations then an empty space like moon is more dynamical.

Looking good Admin, been playing just a couple days but already impressed.

Cheers!

King Wally from NpO?

Also, I'm looking forward to these rollouts. I think the treasure idea is a lot better than the initial launch (even tho I have a treasure) I think what you're planning will be a lot cooler and offer a greater dynamic to the addition.

It might have been discussed already but it would from my point of view be nice if the social and economy policy of a nation would impact the game.

It doesn't because there would be basically a "right" answer to get the best benefit as opposed to individuality. 

EDIT: how to grammar 

Edited by WISD0MTREE
  • Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

If natural disasters are implemented I suggest allowing nations to have the ability to spend money on "preparing" for natural disasters. Maybe like upgrades such as "sea wall upgrade" to hold off tsunamis for idk $100/day and reduces damages caused by tsunamis by 10% etc.

I like the colony idea, but might I suggest having it "closer to earth" :P So like instead of moon colonies can we have colonies on Earth where we can place it as an addition, onto the global map, but still under our original nation name (or some variation like that)? The resource consumption rate can still be similar to a moon base or something if you want a good resource sink. 

8742143.png?170

Concilium Populusque Mandalórus ("The Council and the People of Mandalore")

: Carter and me have nukes, and Saxplayer is just sassy

Am I missing something, or did you actually suggest that every treasure an alliance controls boosts the entire alliance's income by 25%?

Because that sounds like an outrageous benefit.

• Upvote 2

cmpunksig.png

Commissioner of WWF

• Administrators

Am I missing something, or did you actually suggest that every treasure an alliance controls boosts the entire alliance's income by 25%?

Because that sounds like an outrageous benefit.

That's the idea. Treasures would still be capturable by war, but it would be highly incentivized for alliances to capture treasures, and thus promote more war.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Wiki Mod

If you want syncs I have a few ideas. You could for instance change the national projects around a bit. Instead of a flat bonus for a one time cost, you could make it a research type thing where you upgrade it a level. You could receive a linear increase in a specific bonus but each level costs an exponentially higher amount.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

I think 25 percent for three treasures is too much, that should be closer to five I think, and 50 percent should be closer to ten treasures. It's a good idea but we don't want it to be that powerful.

• Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

I'm excited that 1300 people are logging in every day.

I'd be more excited if you were one of them, Sheepy.

EDIT: And yeah, 25% is too much.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I'm excited that 1300 people are logging in every day.

I'd be more excited if you were one of them, Sheepy.

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg

That's how you get blisters. Throw some pickle slices on there, the vinegar absorbs the heat.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Lastly, with treasures, I'd like to add a stacking alliance bonus, probably for every 3 treasures that an alliance has. Something like a 25% gross income bonus for every 3 treasures an alliance has, which would stack as in if you had 6 treasures your alliance would enjoy a 50% gross income bonus.

I think this is a reasonable bonus for what it would take to win three or six treasures in war. Hear me out.

The FAQ posted by Sheepy on 1.22.15 shows how/what size nations treasures will spawn in:

How exactly do treasures spawn?

10 of the 30 treasures spawn based on color. That is, there's one treasure that spawns exclusively on each color. 6 of the 30 treasures spawn based on continent. Like the color based treasures, they spawn exclusively on each continent. There is also a score range, which is anywhere from .015*Highest Score in Game - 0.65*Highest Score in Game. The reason for the score range is to keep new, potentially inactive nations from receiving the treasures and to promote war in higher tiers where it's less common.

So as of today only nations with scores between 197 and 855 would have a treasure spawn there. Then consider that 10 of the 30 will be on different colors. Currently only four alliances have more than THREE treasures. Therefore, if an alliance wanted to capture three treasures to get the 25% alliance bonus they could likely do it by defeating three nations in that alliance that have treasures. If an alliance wanted to capture six treasures to get the 50% alliance bonus they would not only have to beat the first alliance but they would have to take on a second alliance and beat at least three nations with treasures there.

In the case of a 1 v 1 war, and assuming that an attacking alliance had 40 members (each with an avg. score of about 500 and 6,000 infra) and for the sake of argument each one fought with 30,000 troops; 24 planes; and 1 ship. (This is likely low.) Fighting for two to three days with each nation replenishing troops/planes/ships and taking 200 infra damage (again this is likely low) the total cost per nation would be $1.3 million minimum or $52 million minimum in total for the alliance.  

If this alliance successfully captured the three treasures they would stand to make a 25% bonus on the alliance revenue. Let's estimate that the alliance revenue is $21 million per day based on the nation stats listed above. The alliance would receive an extra $5.25 million per day. It would take them a minimum of 10 days to make up for the costs of the war. Depending on how long those three treasures actually stay before spawning again it might actually be worth the effort to wage a war.

It gets even more risky, costly, and complicated if the same alliance were to DoW on a second alliance to gain another three treasures in order to garner another 25% bonus (for a total of 50% bonus). 

Tl;dr 25%/50% stackable alliance bonuses are a viable solution to making treasures worth it.

Edited by Tim Armstrong

I think this is a reasonable bonus for what it would take to win three or six treasures in war. Hear me out.

The FAQ posted by Sheepy on 1.22.15 shows how/what size nations treasures will spawn in:

10 of the 30 treasures spawn based on color. That is, there's one treasure that spawns exclusively on each color. 6 of the 30 treasures spawn based on continent. Like the color based treasures, they spawn exclusively on each continent. There is also a score range, which is anywhere from .015*Highest Score in Game - 0.65*Highest Score in Game. The reason for the score range is to keep new, potentially inactive nations from receiving the treasures and to promote war in higher tiers where it's less common.

So as of today only nations with scores between 197 and 855 would have a treasure spawn there. Then consider that 10 of the 30 will be on different colors. Currently only four alliances have more than THREE treasures. Therefore, if an alliance wanted to capture three treasures to get the 25% alliance bonus they could likely do it by defeating three nations in that alliance that have treasures. If an alliance wanted to capture six treasures to get the 50% alliance bonus they would not only have to beat the first alliance but they would have to take on a second alliance and beat at least three nations with treasures there.

In the case of a 1 v 1 war, and assuming that an attacking alliance had 40 members (each with an avg. score of about 500 and 6,000 infra) and for the sake of argument each one fought with 30,000 troops; 24 planes; and 1 ship. (This is likely low.) Fighting for two to three days with each nation replenishing troops/planes/ships and taking 200 infra damage (again this is likely low) the total cost per nation would be $1.3 million minimum or $52 million minimum in total for the alliance.

If this alliance successfully captured the three treasures they would stand to make a 25% bonus on the alliance revenue. Let's estimate that the alliance revenue is $21 million per day based on the nation stats listed above. The alliance would receive an extra $5.25 million per day. It would take them a minimum of 10 days to make up for the costs of the war. Depending on how long those three treasures actually stay before spawning again it might actually be worth the effort to wage a war.

It gets even more risky, costly, and complicated if the same alliance were to DoW on a second alliance to gain another three treasures in order to garner another 25% bonus (for a total of 50% bonus).

Tl;dr 25%/50% stackable alliance bonuses are a viable solution to making treasures worth it.

Cheers Tim, this is exactly what I wanted to say without making the effort of doing the maths. Spot on. The only downside is big alliances can get 3 treasures without doing anything, but that just offsets the effort of organising and controlling a large alliance. And they will also be easier targets. Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

While I like the idea of treasures adding to intrigue and wars, these kinds of huge bonuses would make them completely overtake genuine inter-alliance politics. I suggest scaling them down to a level where they are still beneficial and worth potentially going to war over, but not one where they completely change the nature of the game.

Otherwise we might as well call the game Treasures & War.

• Upvote 1

cmpunksig.png

Commissioner of WWF

Arrgh! Tim is bae.

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

• Jax locked this topic