CUs bank has disappeared again

Speaker Faris Wheeler

The Celestial Union has expirienced another bank bug and everything that Grealind said in the other post. Why is this happening? Why can't you fix it Sheepy? Is it gonna happen all of the time?

Edited by Morgan Fraser

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

The Celestial Union has expirienced another bank bug and everything that Grealind said in the other post. Why is this happening? Why can't you fix it Sheepy? Is it gonna happen all of the time?

Well... since you read the other post, you read that Sheepy is having trouble tracking down the bug because it doesn't appear to happen with any specific trigger. So tracking down a random bug in code like this is difficult as it's not something reproducible and thereby easily fixable.

• Upvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Well... since you read the other post, you read that Sheepy is having trouble tracking down the bug because it doesn't appear to happen with any specific trigger. So tracking down a random bug in code like this is difficult as it's not something reproducible and thereby easily fixable.

I brought up the issue in the first round, and he thought I was lying. There's been plenty of opportunities to just recode the bank and see if the issue persists.

• Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

• Administrators

We've experienced it when changing the tax rates. So don't change your resource tax or income tax for a little while :v

Even this isn't consistent. I thought this was potentially what was causing it at one point, but it also seems to happen regardless of tax changes so who knows.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Even this isn't consistent. I thought this was potentially what was causing it at one point, but it also seems to happen regardless of tax changes so who knows.

Is it possibly due to the timing of the scripts? I don't recall seeing this before you streamlined the turn scripts to make the delay shorter.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

If it's the bank that's disappearing at random times, then it may have something to do with the script that runs every turn to collect resources/taxes from nations. For example, something could be triggered when a player in the alliance has a certain resource on hand, ect.

<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey