Rework how Trade Activity is displayed

Just Monika

V34AEd4.png

The first page of my trade log, publicly visible by accessing my nation and pressing "Trade Activity". There's a difference between one of these trades and all the other ones. A significant difference. Yes, it is the first one, but no, it is not that it is the commodity traded that I view as significant. It is the way these trades occurred and how they are displayed. The way I (and I think most people) would read this log, is that the "offering nation" offered the "offer" (in this case 2000 food) for the "recipient nation" to receive. And they got "return" as, well, return. This indeed is correct for trade #1 on this list. Grande Mionesie accepted a food trade for 2000 food from warr acres on the global market and I got food for money. Now, where's the problem?

Well, it comes with everything thereafter. Because when I looked at my Trade Activities, I got a minor heart attack (figuratively), seeing I seemingly offer coal for money... Except, I don't. Because I'm an asian nation and importing coal, which I do not produce myself. And what I "offered" was not coal, it was "to buy coal". These are all actually coal imports. The difference between the first import and the second import thus is thus that in the first case, I accepted a selling offer of 2000 food on the global market, in the rest of trade transactions, these are people accepting my offer to buy coal I placed on the market.

What I thus want to highlight is that I think it would be better if the trade log showed "offering nation" and "recipient nation" the wa the ressources and money go, not the way the trade was initiated. Because the important part is that I import food and coal, not that I go and place offers to buy coal, but am lazy and just accept offers of people selling food. Or just make it so money and ressources are displayed correctly, that in trades #2-#10 I offered money for coal, not the other way round.

I may be wrong, but I think i the past it was a little bit different and the problem in question was not present, or I just overlooked it up to now.

Thank you for your attention.

• Upvote 2

This is definitely a good suggestion.

I accused Diabolos of giving $100,000 to a nation that raided us shortly before the war, and I had no way of knowing if he was telling the truth when he said that it was actually the other way around.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q