Reduce infra rebuild costs

Aisha Greyjoy

Rebuilding up to an infra level you already reached should cost 1/2 the normal amount.

Realism:

Building a highway is expensive.

Rebuilding a highway is less expensive.

Game Balance:

Complaints about war being too tough to recover from.  Losing half your infra isn't as bad when its cheaper to rebuild.

It doesn't allow anyone to get ahead, but it does allow people to recover from war more quickly.

Implications:

Wars will happen more often and cause less butthurt. 

Methodology:

Track the peak infra level of each city.  Anytime you are more then 100 infra from your peak level, the cost is one half.  This prevents "lose 1 infra to get half off on the other 99".

• Upvote 6

Duke of House Greyjoy

Mmmm, this would enable new war tactics.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Interesting.  I've been meaning to pose a query along these lines myself.  Thanks for the reminder.

I agree with the above, but have also been concerned about the cost of infra as a throttle on building cities and nations vertically. 

Sheepy I remember quite some time ago when you wrote on how you would like to see nations building mega-cites of a million people or more. I would love to do that, but right now there aren't enough incentives to build vertically.  The cost get progressively higher and higher, when in reality you should be able to build more for less, or at least more for the same.  Once a certain threshold of base infra has been built the cost to add to it should come at a slower rate of increase, not a higher one.  

Capping commerce is also isn't realistic.  As cities grow in size they become more and more centers of commerce more so than manufacturing.  We should have more commerce available as cities hit certain growth thresholds.

All of these nation sims impose a large penalty for population density.  Far too large in my opinion.  When 60% of the world's population live in cities, the logic the games use that people would rather live on farms seems just a bit flawed eh?  The world's cities are growing, not shrinking.  I think the game needs to be adjusted to reflect something closer to reality.  Sure, crime and disease are legit factors, but the density factor is flawed.  There are far more mega-cities in the world now than there were 20/30 years ago.

If your really want to see million plus cities in the game there need to be fewer negatives and more incentives to build them.  It can all be scaled to cities as they grow.  One example would be to make the 25 point reward for a new city also available for hitting a certain milestones with existing cities.  You hit 2,000 infra you get the 25 point score bonus. 

I don't want to co-op the OP's suggestion here or sidetrack it at all, I'm all for it. This dovetails with it though.  If you think it should be a separate suggestion please feel free to spit it out.

Let's just remove money from the game entirely!! Problem solved for all you who suck at this game!! :D

!@#$ this !@#$. Does nobody in this game remember what a warchest is? Just because it's PaW doesn't mean the tactic of keeping a WC should change.

Here, let me help you guys out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_chest

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

If your really want to see million plus cities in the game there need to be fewer negatives and more incentives to build them.  It can all be scaled to cities as they grow.  One example would be to make the 25 point reward for a new city also available for hitting a certain milestones with existing cities.  You hit 2,000 infra you get the 25 point score bonus.

I realize it's getting farther from the OP, but what if a city's population level provided an inherent (and uncapped) commerce bonus?

hxvRjGK.jpg

Put it this way, some members of DEIC were put 2 or more MONTHS back. from 10 days of war.

missiles? Yeah, missiles are gonna be great.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Put it this way, some members of DEIC were put 2 or more MONTHS back. from 10 days of war.

IIRC, they were also dog piled by larger nations and in far greater numbers. The solution to this problem is called a War Chest.

A war chest is a collection of funds intended to allow a person or organization to get through a situation that requires much more money than usual.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

IIRC, they were also dog piled by larger nations and in far greater numbers. The solution to this problem is called a War Chest.

You keep going on about this, please do tell where they would have kept the money. Remember they were triple beiged at the end of the 10 days, along with the rest of the alliance (therefore looting lots of the alliance bank). Also, who has a 90 mil warchest.

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

Let's just remove money from the game entirely!! Problem solved for all you who suck at this game!! :D

!@#$ this !@#$. Does nobody in this game remember what a warchest is? Just because it's PaW doesn't mean the tactic of keeping a WC should change.

Here, let me help you guys out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_chest

Last I checked, you lost some money when you lose a war/ground attack. That being said, a war chest for after the war is almost completely useless. I just rebuilt my infra today from the Rose-UPN war. But I didn't and won't accept gubbament aid. 

But I agree with you on the other topics about making war cheaper. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

You keep going on about this, please do tell where they would have kept the money. Remember they were triple beiged at the end of the 10 days, along with the rest of the alliance (therefore looting lots of the alliance bank). Also, who has a 90 mil warchest.

Well for one, I've never been in favor of being able to loot from the alliance bank. It kinda defeats the purpose of an alliance bank. Second, maybe you all should have a 90 million WC. I just barely got back to the amount of funds I had before my last war, and that was against one little raider (of course I also bought a fourth city and built it up to 500 infra the day after it expired).

Last I checked, you lost some money when you lose a war/ground attack. That being said, a war chest for after the war is almost completely useless. I just rebuilt my infra today from the Rose-UPN war. But I didn't and won't accept gubbament aid. 

But I agree with you on the other topics about making war cheaper. 

Yes, a warchest is useless. That's why in the current war in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), I've already been ZI'd and I'm still buying and lobbing nukes. IMHO, war should be not only be destructive but devastating, especially if it's a large war. It's not like cities get rebuilt the day after they get destroyed. It can take decades to recover from a war in RL.

One thing I've noticed in this game is that it's probably a smart idea to have a very large WC. Conducting war in this game is fairly cheap. What isn't cheap is preparing for war and rebuilding.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

maybe you all should have a 90 million WC

Is this like the "10 rounds in a magazine" thing where you pick a nice, round number? 

If you think everyone should have one, can you donate some to my nation? 

Tzhm7o1.png?1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

i would be all for a 90 million dollar war chest when fox can explain the best possible way to acquire the 90 million WC 5 months after the game went live.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Is this like the "10 rounds in a magazine" thing where you pick a nice, round number? 

Tzhm7o1.png?1

Is that all you're making? I hope you're at war.... I make twice that during peace time.....

i would be all for a 90 million dollar war chest when fox can explain the best possible way to acquire the 90 million WC 5 months after the game went live.

The same exact way everyone else does it in all other games. Don't mindlessly blow money building. Save some cash for unintended events. Yes this means you might actually have to go a month or even longer without significant expanses.

!@#$ people. What is this? A nation sim or a FPS?

A question to those who play (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)... How often do you make infra jumps? And how often do you compromise your WC in doing so?

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Actually, scratch that, because I know at least half of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) can't keep a decent WC anyway so...

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

The same exact way everyone else does it in all other games. Don't mindlessly blow money building. Save some cash for unintended events. Yes this means you might actually have to go a month or even longer without significant expanses.

!@#$ people. What is this? A nation sim or a FPS?

A question to those who play (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)... How often do you make infra jumps? And how often do you compromise your WC in doing so?

the other nation sim games that are out there have a different econ sit up then pw, for example in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) i have 3,999.99 infra along with some econ improvs and econ wonders and i make over 20 million every 20 days.

Right here in pw i have 3,300 infra and am only a few econ improvs away from achieving 100% commerce in all my cities but if i dont do anything right now then in 20 days i will have saved up 6,033,577 bucks... As you can see my infra is almost on the same level as my (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) nation yet im making 14 million less so if we were to take your advice and save our money then we will be saving for a long time while hardly spending any money just to acquire a proper warchest which will take forever. So the way things are done in other games dont apply here, yes we can try them but it will take to long were we can instead invest in cities, improvs and projects to increase our revenue.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Do you mean something like 498.25/500 instead of 498.25 of reaching maximum infra you have given?

and the cost of building the infra like 400.01 to 499.99 is still of Infra 400 per se instead of the existing infrastructure cost?

Addition:

What about if there is a psychological demage of bulldozing the Infra as well as "pollution from war", but can be recovered by time?

I agree with everything Fox Fire is saying, this "booo hoo my nation got hurt make it easier" mentality is hilarious. Here's a fact of life, sometimes bad things will happen and it's best to pick up where you leave off rather then shut down with every tragedy.

In (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) I was Zi'd multiple times over the years, did it stop me? No. Did I have a large nation? Was ranked in the #160's range when I decided to leave. Wars only break you if you have a !@#$ alliance with little foresight... I don't have an iota of sympathy for those groups or anyone else complaining about losing pixels. This is a game that's played over months, not days. If you wanna play a game without any consequences go play Candy Crush or something.

• Upvote 1

Why are we making the assumption that wars should be no big deal?

Wars shouldn't be so devastating that we never have them, but they should also be something worth taking seriously. Winning a war should give you a significant victory over your enemies. Wars every month just for the sake of them are just as boring as wars once every two years. 

If I beat you in a war, I want you to know that and remember that. If I lose to you in war, I ought to be set back a while. 

• Upvote 1

cmpunksig.png

Commissioner of WWF

the other nation sim games that are out there have a different econ sit up then pw, for example in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) i have 3,999.99 infra along with some econ improvs and econ wonders and i make over 20 million every 20 days.

Right here in pw i have 3,300 infra and am only a few econ improvs away from achieving 100% commerce in all my cities but if i dont do anything right now then in 20 days i will have saved up 6,033,577 bucks... As you can see my infra is almost on the same level as my (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) nation yet im making 14 million less so if we were to take your advice and save our money then we will be saving for a long time while hardly spending any money just to acquire a proper warchest which will take forever. So the way things are done in other games dont apply here, yes we can try them but it will take to long were we can instead invest in cities, improvs and projects to increase our revenue.

Are you including money you make tech dealing, because that's not a thing here. Like I said before, in this game, you should probably have a bigger WC.

But I see what you're saying. It takes forever to build a decent WC for both fighting and rebuilding. That being said, the game hasnt been running for very long. Think about this in a long term way. The earliest nations in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) had to build without tech dealing and all those extra funds. What do you think this game will look like in 2 years? What type of WC do you see people obtaining in that time? If this game were as old as (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), I see people being in the same exact situation: Having more money than they know what to do with. Which is going to make aid bombing a normal and everyday practice for pretty much all members in all alliances.

I'm viewing this on a long term scale. These games are a long term commitment, not a game of pacman.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Actually, TBQH, when it comes to these type of games, I dont think they can really be designed to last indefinitely. We've seen the same thing play out in all of these games. Eventually you get to a point where someone has effectively reverse engineered the game and you wind up with an elite few who have more money than they know how to spend and they guard the secret to that success closely. So indefinitely, you end up with a top tier that rivals eachother until that power becomes more and more centralized.

The game itself is one giant math equation. Eventually this math equation (considering the competitive nature) inevitably becomes unbalanced. It's practically impossible to avoid. Even if you were a genius mathematician.

Just throwing that out there.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Tzhm7o1.png?1

Is that all you're making? I hope you're at war.... I make twice that during peace time....

Net Income $40,205.87 $482,470.46

http://www.2lucu.com/&#33;@#&#036;-please-meme/11

Edited by Morgan Fraser

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Shit, who tf has 90m and can you give me a loan?

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!