Most Powerful Countries in the Real World

In the event of a 'full-scale' conventional war between the United States and China, I'd have to say that neither side would be able to gain a firm foothold.

In the event of war, China's factories that produce cheap plastic goods could be converted to produce weapons. The manpower and material advantage would make a United States invasion impossible.

If China tried to invade the US, most of their soldiers would end up at the bottom of the Pacific before they reached the mainland. But, China would most likely be fighting a defensive war anyways.

Here's my ranking of the 'most powerful' countries in the world. It's based on a variety of factors such as population, GDP, military expenditures, and fighting experience.

1. United States

2. China

3. Russia/India

4. UK/Japan

5. France/Germany

Edited by Iodine
  • Upvote 1
<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey

In the event of a 'full-scale' conventional war between the United States and China, I'd have to say that neither side would be able to gain a firm foothold.

In the event of war, China's factories that produce cheap plastic goods could be converted to produce weapons. The manpower and material advantage would make a United States invasion impossible.

If China tried to invade the US, most of their soldiers would end up at the bottom of the Pacific before they reached the mainland. But, China would most likely be fighting a defensive war anyways.

Here's my ranking of the 'most powerful' countries in the world. It's based on a variety of factors such as population, GDP, military expenditures, and fighting experience.

1. United States

2. China

3. Russia/India

4. UK/Japan

5. France/Germany

With the new ASBM, I think I can safely say that a war between the US and China would lead to neither side being able to invade the other and an inevitable ICBM exchange. Because China would have no choice but to wipe out our navy using ASBMs, and the only thing we could do to fight that is hitting them with ICBMs. Then it just becomes full blown nuclear war and neither side wins. As things stand now, I don't see any other possible way it could play out.

I dont think I'd put India on par with Russia. The only thing they have going for them is population. And I don't think Japan is on par with the UK, especially with their decreasing population and those fit for military service.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

300 million

Irrelevant when their wishes are funneled through an oligarchy of fewer than 1000, ignored by that oligarchy, and the oligarchy is unassailable except by a system the oligarchy established for itself and can control every aspect of.  "Power of the people and from the people" died a poor man's ignominious death when the Constitution was ratified.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

Irrelevant when their wishes are funneled through an oligarchy of fewer than 1000, ignored by that oligarchy, and the oligarchy is unassailable except by a system the oligarchy established for itself and can control every aspect of.  "Power of the people and from the people" died a poor man's ignominious death when the Constitution was ratified.

*FACEPALM*

Wrong 300 million. Top part is irrelevant. 

guns-owned630.jpg

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

guerrilla warfare

noun

the use of hit-and-run tactics by small, mobile groups of irregular forces operating in territory controlled by a hostile, regular force.

Now you're really desperate.  LIC requires massive logistical support at the grassroots level, and the average citizen lacks the fundamental skillset necessary to make that viable for more than the short-term.  In short:  in a first-world nation with a decent standard of living, when the only option is armed insurrection it's not an option at all.  Society is nice and comfortably apathetic enough that the government can drone strike citizens and the most anyone will do about it is put a hashtag on Twitter, because as long as it doesn't disrupt their lives directly it's not their concern.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

The Kingdom of Atlantis  #1

USA #2

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Now you're really desperate. In short:  in a first-world nation with a decent standard of living, when the only option is armed insurrection it's not an option at all.  Society is nice and comfortably apathetic enough that the government can drone strike citizens and the most anyone will do about it is put a hashtag on Twitter, because as long as it doesn't disrupt their lives directly it's not their concern.

Nope. It is a very viable option. A foreign invasion would screw up the quality of life (see martial law) and would make citizens angry. In places like Commiefornia California, New York, and Illinois, it may not be a viable option because almost everyone is afraid of guns and most likely don't have any. Here in Texas, I live next to an ex-Marine and know someone that was in the Navy (ordinance). Plus, most of my friends go shooting with me a lot. I'm willing to bet that there are more like us. We wouldn't be able to take back the country forcefully, but we (being all Americans) would be a pain in the ass for a long time. Think of the children gunsmiths! (Am I watch-listed yet?) It's not like they could go around killing civilians. They most likely came over to make a profit. Someone has to be working so they can get tax money. Someone has to be getting the materials out of the ground. 

Nope. It is a very viable option. A foreign invasion would screw up the quality of life (see martial law) and would make citizens angry. In places like Commiefornia California, New York, and Illinois, it may not be a viable option because almost everyone is afraid of guns and most likely don't have any. Here in Texas, I live next to an ex-Marine and know someone that was in the Navy (ordinance). Plus, most of my friends go shooting with me a lot. I'm willing to bet that there are more like us. We wouldn't be able to take back the country forcefully, but we (being all Americans) would be a pain in the ass for a long time. Think of the children gunsmiths! (Am I watch-listed yet?) It's not like they could go around killing civilians. They most likely came over to make a profit. Someone has to be working so they can get tax money. Someone has to be getting the materials out of the ground. 

The public has literally zero staying power for such a conflict, as evidenced by Iraq and Afghanistan, and those were activities in other countries.  Against a foreign opponent invading perhaps an insurrection would be more long-lived, but against its own government one wouldn't last a year in a nation like ours because it's simply not bad enough to muster the energy for.  Not willing to go around killing civilians?  They've been doing it for years and nothing has come of it except lounging deeper into the seat cushions to not be bothered (see: Waco, Ruby Ridge, just as examples).  Less than 2% of the population are veterans, most are disabled and heavily medicated and reliant on the government to this day, and even if 100% of them decided to overthrow the government it's still not enough to effectively combat a system that's been preparing for such an eventuality for decades, nor could the expectation be counted on that the Armed Forces would side with the insurrection because, let's face it, oaths and orders and a paycheck tend to trump blind patriotism, and those in uniform rely on faith that the system works to an extent that they won't ever have to fight on their own soil.  I am a combat-arms Army veteran of Iraq twice over, I live in Texas around many other veterans, and I wouldn't give us 1 chance in 1000 that we'd last more than three years playing Wolverines out in the west Texas badlands trying to dodge drones and cops and kill teams or that we would even enjoy 100% public support for such efforts, just because I do not believe in the slightest that the average American would willingly choose hardship over acceptance if their own government were the perpetuating agency of their misery because something self-inflicted stings less than something being inflicted upon you by an outside agency.  Like it or not the ramifications of the Civil War force-fed the concept of "we are one" into us for so long that even as we like to draw state lines, county lines, neighborhood lines, no one's going to throw off the notion that it's still America and the government "knows what's best."  It's simply easier to trust that some lawyer or representative will "do what's right" than it would be to, say, secede from the Union and have to fight the nation for independence; this is inbred apathy, deliberate, and not something anyone's going to drop without an impetus so rage-inducing that there is literally no other choice but to fight, but you won't ever see that coming.  They could take your children, manufacture a rationale so compelling that it wouldn't even be questioned because it would make perfect sense, and no one would lift a finger because they have faith that the system will work itself out and everything would be all right in the end.  There won't be a set of conditions that don't allow for an easier out than fighting.

As for the someones, there will always be someones.  No one except they are irreplaceable in their system.  

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

The public has literally zero staying power for such a conflict, as evidenced by Iraq and Afghanistan, and those were activities in other countries.

Against a foreign opponent invading perhaps an insurrection would be more long-lived, but against its own government one wouldn't last a year in a nation like ours because it's simply not bad enough to muster the energy for.  

Not willing to go around killing civilians?  They've been doing it for years and nothing has come of it except lounging deeper into the seat cushions to not be bothered (see: Waco, Ruby Ridge, just as examples).  

Less than 2% of the population are veterans,

most are disabled and heavily medicated and reliant on the government to this day, and even if 100% of them decided to overthrow the government it's still not enough to effectively combat a system that's been preparing for such an eventuality for decades, nor could the expectation be counted on that the Armed Forces would side with the insurrection because, let's face it, oaths and orders and a paycheck tend to trump blind patriotism, and those in uniform rely on faith that the system works to an extent that they won't ever have to fight on their own soil.  

I am a combat-arms Army veteran of Iraq twice over,

I live in Texas

around many other veterans, and I wouldn't give us 1 chance in 1000 that we'd last more than three years playing Wolverines out in the west Texas badlands trying to dodge drones and cops and kill teams or that we would even enjoy 100% public support for such efforts, just because I do not believe in the slightest that the average American would willingly choose hardship over acceptance if their own government were the perpetuating agency of their misery because something self-inflicted stings less than something being inflicted upon you by an outside agency.  

Like it or not the ramifications of the Civil War force-fed the concept of "we are one" into us for so long that even as we like to draw state lines, county lines, neighborhood lines, no one's going to throw off the notion that it's still America and the government "knows what's best."  It's simply easier to trust that some lawyer or representative will "do what's right" than it would be to, say, secede from the Union and have to fight the nation for independence; this is inbred apathy, deliberate, and not something anyone's going to drop without an impetus so rage-inducing that there is literally no other choice but to fight, but you won't ever see that coming.  They could take your children, manufacture a rationale so compelling that it wouldn't even be questioned because it would make perfect sense, and no one would lift a finger because they have faith that the system will work itself out and everything would be all right in the end.  There won't be a set of conditions that don't allow for an easier out than fighting.

tl;dr anyone? I hate walls of text. 

Oh, did I see something about being in the military? If so, thanks for your service! 

tl;dr:  the conditions required for a successful insurgency against the US government by the citizens of the US will not happen all at once so as to be noticed by the citizenry, so there will be no fertile ground of public opinion for such an insurgency.  So long as there is the perception of a choice that doesn't involve taking up arms, the American public will always choose the easier path rather than to fight.

You're quite welcome; past life now.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

tl;dr:  the conditions required for a successful insurgency against the US government by the citizens of the US will not happen all at once so as to be noticed by the citizenry, so there will be no fertile ground of public opinion for such an insurgency.  So long as there is the perception of a choice that doesn't involve taking up arms, the American public will always choose the easier path rather than to fight.

Which is what we did with Britain until it didn't work. Then we kind of had a rebellion because it didn't work. 

Which is what we did with Britain until it didn't work. Then we kind of had a rebellion because it didn't work. 

The difference being that when Britain did it they just did it without any facade or justification as to why it was being done.  Imposing taxes without giving a reason why and forcibly housing soldiers in peoples' homes without even the barest glimmer of rationale as to the need is draconian in comparison to the slow and insidious methodology an oligarchical government wearing a false face could take, and they have the patience to ensure that when it happens, it'll be "for your own good" and "your best interest" and "your security".  There won't be a repeat of the conditions that led to the Revolution, not all at once; the slow simmer is easier to control than the raging boil.  The aphorism of the frog in the pot is particularly apt when it comes to how the US government works.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

The difference being that when Britain did it they just did it without any facade or justification as to why it was being done.  Imposing taxes without giving a reason why and forcibly housing soldiers in peoples' homes without even the barest glimmer of rationale as to the need is draconian in comparison to the slow and insidious methodology an oligarchical government wearing a false face could take, and they have the patience to ensure that when it happens, it'll be "for your own good" and "your best interest" and "your security".  There won't be a repeat of the conditions that led to the Revolution, not all at once; the slow simmer is easier to control than the raging boil.  The aphorism of the frog in the pot is particularly apt when it comes to how the US government works.

Politicians are stupid. There will be that one that does something like KGIII did with the colonies. 

There have already been politicians that stupid, as recently as today, yet here we are having done nothing about it because there is nothing to be done about it.  We don't get to decide that; there is no process in the system ever voted into place that allows the recall of a Representative or a Senator by their constituency prior to an election.  But that's a different topic; back to the original.  Why do you suppose that is, that an absolute fool can not only be elected into a position of power but thrive there enough to keep being elected, yet do so little to damage themselves or the system that anything changes even if they weren't re-elected?  Is it because the perception is that a single stupid politician is powerless in the face of the horde of not-so-stupid politicians, or is it because they were expendable enough that nobody cared if they didn't get re-elected as long as the ancient dinosaurs that have been career politicians all their lives get to keep their seats, or is it because the ravings of the stupid one actually amuse people not in politics enough that they're seen as not being part of the Capitol Hill In-Crowd and are thus trustworthy enough that their stupidity isn't considered by their constituents to be stupidity at all but instead a &#33;@#&#036; form of rebellion against the system?  And if the latter, who sells this perception to those constituents, or who sets them up for a fall? A politician can be that stupid and nothing will come of it, if anything a stupid one often proves useful to those not-so-stupid ones, none of whose careers are endangered by the antics of one.  The system protects itself, both from threats without and threats within, in such a passive fashion that it's practically automated.  The public will never be allowed to perceive any of the workings before its been filtered through a dozen intermediaries and staffers and delivered to trusted media outlets to be spun in a fashion that will ensure that no matter how depraved or even questionably legal, the outrage will not be set alight.  Oh, for the sake of appearances, so-and-so might have to stand in front of a committee (made of these same guys) to explain themselves on camera or C-Span, and once in a blue moon an extreme case might have someone's prize piece of legislature get shipped over to the 9 Black Robes in SCOTUS to get added to a pile for when they decide they actually want to do some work that year, but the system remains protected and secure from threat so long as there's a perceived method for how such would-be tyrants or not-in-the-know newbies or lower-level types who've served their purposes are handled and dealt with as efficiently as the government has ever been known to move, and all is right in the nation.  Nowhere is this automated system of defenses so openly recognizable as it is when they deal with a popular General.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

The United States has the strongest military, most nukes, biggest Military budget, and biggest GDP. therefore surpassing russia by a small amount. the amount of ships, tanks, aircraft, and missles will come out next week

The U.S surpasses Russia and China by far in military strength.

Edited by Dallas
  • Upvote 1