enable secret trades

SoS

Let us make trades others can't see.

Some fun interactions and politics aren't happening because every trade is there for the whole world to see.

Given enough effort, players' best attempts to obscure trades can be followed to its source.

Please, make a mechanic for secret trades. It would be awesome to run it through spies/espionage. Just make "trade" one of the options for espionage.

As long as it doesn't allow for multi's to cheat easier then it seems reasonable. 

This is my only worry here.

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

As long as it doesn't allow for multi's to cheat easier then it seems reasonable.

This is my only worry here.

Multis can't trade with eachother on the same ID/Network. So t wouldn't matter anyways, I don't see why this could be useful, or unuseful. Maybe later down the road when we are sending mass sums of money or resources ($15,000,000 - $50,000,000) or something that that.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Could there be a way to incorporate spying into secret trades?  Maybe have a way for people to trade in secret but perhaps another country with enough spies and interest in finding out about hidden alliances/trades could stumble upon the deal?  It happens enough IRL.

All Hail Lardbelly!  Lord of Digestion!  Conqueror of Quesadillas!  Ruler of Rotissierie!  Potentate of Pizza!  Future Irresponsible Wielder of Thermonuclear Weapons! 

Bring me your finest meats and cheeses or be nuked into so much radioactive grit!  You have been warned.....

Multis can't trade with eachother on the same ID/Network. So t wouldn't matter anyways, I don't see why this could be useful, or unuseful. Maybe later down the road when we are sending mass sums of money or resources ($15,000,000 - $50,000,000) or something that that.

Well, they could just use one account on their phone, and another on their computer. This system sounds impossible to keep mulis from abusing it, so unless you can think of a way to get around that, such as making it unable for you to trade if ever interacted with another on the same network, then Sheepy probably wont implement it.

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Well, they could just use one account on their phone, and another on their computer. This system sounds impossible to keep mulis from abusing it, so unless you can think of a way to get around that, such as making it unable for you to trade if ever interacted with another on the same network, then Sheepy probably wont implement it.

Technically, you can trade with doing what you just said,

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

• Administrators

I don't like this suggestion. I think it's important to be able to follow the money, for everyone's sake. We've really been able to hammer down on the multi issue because players can examine trades and see when things are fishy looking or it's just obvious cheating. They can then report it to me so that I can take a look and take punitive action, instead of having to scrutinize every nation and every trade one at a time.

This suggestion removes that ability, and would make it easier for nations to cheat and hide the transfer of funds and resources. I can see how it might be fun from a gameplay perspective if it wasn't abused, but I think that it certainly would be.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Technically, you can trade with doing what you just said,

Yes, but you would have to never use that account on your cpu, and your better account on your phone since creation of the multi, which is very tedious and frustrating. My idea was just an example, so it doesn't mean you can't take my idea and improve on it or make an entirely separate one that is better 

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

I don't like this suggestion. I think it's important to be able to follow the money, for everyone's sake. We've really been able to hammer down on the multi issue because players can examine trades and see when things are fishy looking or it's just obvious cheating. They can then report it to me so that I can take a look and take punitive action, instead of having to scrutinize every nation and every trade one at a time.

This suggestion removes that ability, and would make it easier for nations to cheat and hide the transfer of funds and resources. I can see how it might be fun from a gameplay perspective if it wasn't abused, but I think that it certainly would be.

So have all secret trades tracked on the backend, and give one or more of the mods the ability to check the list. They can flag anything that might need your attention (or deal with it themselves, depending on how much leeway you want to give them.)

Speaking from experience with a similar system, it's an effective method.

There are valid reasons to object to this on gameplay reasons (though I like it) but the idea that it shouldn't be implemented because it might make it marginally more difficult to police trades is weak. 

Edited by Tenages
wF9Bjre.gif