Announcement from The Dutch East India Company

TheNG

5BouySv.png

"Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We'll take the best, forget the rest, and someday will find that these are the best of times."

- Styx -

Nothing lasts forever, although some may have it so. Ultimately, as life flows on, acceptance of and solace from all that occurs in life must be found, be it good or ill.

As a new year comes and goes, so to has change come to The Dutch East India Company.

On January 5th, the Chairman of the Dutch East India Company, Diabolos, resigned from his position within the alliance. We honor Diabolos’s leadership and character in guiding the alliance through two resets, two world wars, and a host of other tumultuous events, both internal and external.  The Company has made many friends and allies, and grown strong within a chaotic world. Whatever Diabolos chooses to do next, be it in this world or another, we wish him well and hope that all future commercial ventures meet with success.

Though it is a difficult act to follow, Mortimer, our Minister of Internal Affairs has been chosen to succeed Diabolos as the next Chairman of the Dutch East India Company. Mortimer has served from the beginning, and has always been a critical member of the Company. He has been an effective, hardworking, and responsive Minister, traits which will serve him well as Chairman. We welcome Mortimer, and know that he will bring about a new era of prosperity and comradeship both inside and outside the alliance.

In other news, congratulations ColoringNick for his promotion to Minister of Foreign Affairs, and to all our members who have remained steadfastly dedicated to the Company throughout trying times. Your loyalty and commitment is truly touching, and a shining example all across Orbis. Though our path has never been easy, The Dutch East India Company will survive and thrive in this new year, as it has many times before.

o/ Diabolos

o/ Mortimer

o/ DEIC

• Upvote 2

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Omg I love Mortimer

• Upvote 1

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Sorry to see Dia go. But Mortimer is a very capable replacement, and with the likes of Jahngel, Ni and TheNG supporting him, I am optimistic! :)

o/ DEIC

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Best of luck to both Dia with his retirement and to Mortimer for taking over the wheels.

o/ DEIC

• Upvote 1

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

It has been a fun time, especially for my previous persona but all things must come to an end and new paths must be taken for both alliances and members in order to keep things fresh and interesting.

The Dutch East India Company has a bright future ahead of them and with a new government formation will attain new goals to bring prosperity to the alliance again after our recent setback. 

If anyone has any questions about events carried out by my previous persona feel free to ask.

o/ Mortimer

o/ DEIC

• Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

This is great! Mortimer is by far one of my favourite DEIC members. Congratulations. ^_^

Enjoy retirement (or whatever your intentions are), Diabolos!

In other news, congratulations ColoringNick for his promotion to Minister of Foreign Affairs, and to all our members who have remained steadfastly dedicated to the Company throughout trying times. Your loyalty and commitment is truly touching, and a shining example all across Orbis.

Totally called it. Congratulations, man. :) Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1