Sorting error for announcements

Greene

I just posted a new announcement in-game and found that there is a strange anomaly in the way that they're being sorted.

notpinned.png

In this first image, notice how "Member Chat" is below 2014, a year in review, yet Member Chat is the newest non-pinned thread?

pinned.png

After pinning the "Member Chat" announcement, I notice that it is still not sorted by date. I'm not sure what exactly the sorting is set to, if anything.

• Upvote 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

The sorting is based on the last time in which a comment was posted. One could say that it is similar to a forum.

Edited by Iodine
<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey

The sorting is based on the last time in which a comment was posted. One could say that it is similar to a forum.

If that is the case, then we're still seeing a sorting error. Member Chat has no replies, yet it is arbitrarily placed between two other announcements that do have replies (as seen in both pinned and non-pinned)

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

If that is the case, then we're still seeing a sorting error. Member Chat has no replies, yet it is arbitrarily placed between two other announcements that do have replies (as seen in both pinned and non-pinned)

Edit; I see the error with more observation.

Edited by Iodine
<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey

• Administrators

I believe I've got it fixed, but it's not a retroactive fix. Basically, how it sorts announcements is:

Pinned, Last Updated, Date Posted

But the issue was that when you posted a new announcement the "last updated" wasn't set. It will be from now on, which should alleviate this issue from happening anymore.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Still bugged I'm afraid. New announcement made just now, sits at no.4 in the alliance announcements.

Do all of those posts have comments on them?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yeah, We are having the same problem over at FSA, when we post up a new announcement, it doesn't even display the announcement unless that announcement is pinned. This problem needs to be solved soon, Also, announcements should be able to be deleted by alliance leader to aid in organization.

"Head-shots for days"

• Administrators

I apologize for letting this go on for so long, I've just been busy. I'm going to take a look at the sorting commands and see if I can resolve this.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Sorry, got this fixed now! I had solved it earlier, but I apparently did not upload the file :|

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Sorry, got this fixed now! I had solved it earlier, but I apparently did not upload the file :|

You were too busy flirting, right? It's okay. 

free_2892241.jpg

• Upvote 1

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)