Make infra cost more per city.

Prefontaine

First city 0% Modifier on cost of Infra.

Second city 10% Modifier on cost of Infra.

Third city 20% Modifier on cost of Infra.

Fourth city 30% Modifier on cost of Infra.

Eleventh City 100% Modifier on cost of Infra.

So each city is a little more expensive to build infra in, thus your capital should always have the most infra as it's cheapest to make. And by the time you've 11 cities it's still not that big a hindrance at double price.

10-1000 infra currently costs  2,291,093.18 Doubling that only makes it about 4.6M which is reasonable at the economy you should have at that stage. The modifier only effects the cost of infra in that city.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Not sure how much I agree with it, simply because costs are already rising exponentially the further to late-game you get. Seems like all this will do is lower the ceiling even further for how far you can grow before it's almost pointless to continue building.

Also, it just doesn't really make a lot of sense. Why would my one city, if it was #11, cost more for a highly developed nation to establish than it would cost for some new nation with next to no actual production capacity? It would seem to me that as your cities get more productive and capable, and you're more experienced at construction and expansion, it would be easier to build up a city - not harder.

Edited by Pax
  • Upvote 2

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

Not sure how much I agree with it, simply because costs are already rising exponentially the further to late-game you get. Seems like all this will do is lower the ceiling even further for how far you can grow before it's almost pointless to continue building.

Also, it just doesn't really make a lot of sense. Why would my one city, if it was #11, cost more for a highly developed nation to establish than it would cost for some new nation with next to no actual production capacity? It would seem to me that as your cities get more productive and capable, and you're more experienced at construction and expansion, it would be easier to build up a city - not harder.

Also let's not ignore the fact that it gives the current people holding cities at high infra a *massive* advantage.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

If you want an IC style reason, well it's further from your capital and you've got to pay more to move resources/equipment to build. A 1-2 city nations takes a long time to get to 1000 infra, with 6 cities, I could get a city to 1000 infra in 1-2 days. Later on, probably half a day. So bigger nations can easily continually distance themselves from smaller nations.

To adjust for the cities who've already benefitted from this, put the price jump starting at 9 cities which no one currently has, then start slowly back-implimenting it over time. month from now cities 2-4 are effected, 2 months 5-6, 3 months 7-8.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I like the fact that it would encourage more vertical growth, but I think it's far too late to be changing such a vital mechanic.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link