planes vs ships bug

Phiney

I have had some cases in ground battles in which were utter failures but I lost 1/3rd the amount he did should I also consider this to be a bug that should be fixed

You only lost a third the amount he did? Congratulations, you came out ahead, not 100k or more behind like in this case.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

To prove it is a bug, here is a similar attack done that turned out to be an immense triumph. Note I had more ships than the user did who was attacked in my OP.

The Survivor Diabolos of The Underlying Lands ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Phintopia. The attack was an immense triumph. The Survivor Diabolos's forces lost 12 aircraft, while OOoooooshhhness Phiney's defenders lost 26 aircraft. The attack destroyed 7.03 infrastructure in the city of Pots and 10 ships.

only 3 more ships killed between an utter failure and an immense triumph? (note, I also think the amount of ships killed in these attacks is too high regardless, but that is for a game suggestions thread).

A better way to determine whether this is a big or is working as intended would be to conduct an air strike against another target (troops or tanks) and see if an utter failure still damages the target.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

You only lost a third the amount he did? Congratulations, you came out ahead, not 100k or more behind like in this case.

At least you guys are taking turns not understanding what's been said.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

You sir don't know how expensive tanks are in a war. I make my own steel so not that much for me but for importers it's 3k a tank lose 50-100 is expensive

Edited by iljohn

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Clearly isn't a bug, I'm almost positive this in place to destroy blockades easier and give the underdog a better balance in the fight.

Are you kidding me?  Stop trying to play politics in a bug report.  You guys just want to keep exploiting the bug because you didn't prepare and are losing.  Utter failure is should always be an utter failure.  To be honest, you can destroy 11 ships in an utter failure, then I never want an immense triumph, lol.

12/12/2014 05:07 am

Kaiser Wilhelm II of German Empire ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Kangaroo Ocean. The attack was an utter failure. Kaiser Wilhelm II's forces lost 35 aircraft, while The Great Midwife Placentica's defenders lost 18 aircraft. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Sacko Facecreama and 11 ships.

I had 250-300 planes to his 75-85.

If the goal of the attack is to destroy ships, and you're destroying large numbers of them, it is, by definition, not a failure, let alone an Utter Failure.

A synonym for "Utter Failure" is "Total Failure." A total failure, when the objective of the attack was to destroy ships, would mean you didn't destroy any ships.

This is not complicated. It's clearly a bug, or if you don't want to use that term, a severely flawed game mechanism where what the game says happened, didn't happen.

wF9Bjre.gif

If the goal of the attack is to destroy ships, and you're destroying large numbers of them, it is, by definition, not a failure, let alone an Utter Failure.

A synonym for "Utter Failure" is "Total Failure." A total failure, when the objective of the attack was to destroy ships, would mean you didn't destroy any ships.

This is not complicated. It's clearly a bug, or if you don't want to use that term, a severely flawed game mechanism where what the game says happened, didn't happen.

The goal being used in this example is however not to destroy ships, but infrastructure, therefore declaring your argument completely invalid.

The goal being used in this example is however not to destroy ships, but infrastructure, therefore declaring your argument completely invalid.

Actually the goal is to destroy ships, the only way you can destroy ships with airstrikes is if you target ships. Which also means that you're not targeting infra.

Edited by Memph

I also think we need to stop it with the "I'm on this side there is no problem here" as well as the "They're on the other side so they must be doing something wrong" if we want to get anywhere.

• Upvote 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

I also think we need to stop it with the "I'm on this side there is no problem here" as well as the "They're on the other side so they must be doing something wrong" if we want to get anywhere.

Agreed. The objective in the attack is to destroy ships, in an utter failure you still destroy ships, therefore it is a bug regardless if politics.

T7Vrilp.png