planes vs ships bug

Phiney

Planes are too effective vs ships when there is a big plane diff. 78 planes attacking 250 planes.

... ordered an airstrike upon your nation of .... The attack was an utter failure. ...'s forces lost 35 aircraft, while your defenders lost 18 aircraft. You used 27.60 munitions and gasoline defending the attack. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of ... and 11 ships.

An utter failure should not destroy any ships

Edited by Phiney
  • Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png

From: iljohn WCm1ULn.png Date: 12/12/2014 Friday 6:23 am alarm_bell.png

Prime Minster iljohn of kingdom of iljohn ordered an airstrike upon your nation of Osea. The attack was an utter failure. Prime Minster iljohn's forces lost 5 aircraft, while your defenders lost 1 aircraft. You used 1.25 munitions and gasoline defending the attack. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Oured and 1 ships.

From: iljohn WCm1ULn.png Date: 12/12/2014 Friday 6:23 am alarm_bell.png

Prime Minster iljohn of kingdom of iljohn ordered an airstrike upon your nation of Osea. The attack was an utter failure. Prime Minster iljohn's forces lost 11 aircraft, while your defenders lost 4 aircraft. You used 7.40 munitions and gasoline defending the attack. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Oured and 5 ships.

Looks like word spreads quickly in their camp. This bug needs fixed (ASAP) and exploiters need to face repercussions.

From: iljohn WCm1ULn.png Date: 12/12/2014 Friday 6:24 am alarm_bell.png

Prime Minster iljohn of kingdom of iljohn ordered an airstrike upon your nation of Tarantis. The attack was an utter failure. Prime Minster iljohn's forces lost 15 aircraft, while your defenders lost 2 aircraft. You used 4.50 munitions and gasoline defending the attack. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of The Will and 5 ships.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

I like it makes me fill like I'm sending kamikaze against your ships

Edited by iljohn
  • Upvote 3

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Tywysog Wiliam of Cymru ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Zero One. The attack was an utter failure. Tywysog Wiliam's forces lost 4 aircraft, while Supreme Program SAI-40's defenders lost 0 aircraft. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Armament and 2 ships.

I mean, come on. He had eight planes to my seventy-two. There's no way he should've taken any of my ships with that number difference AND an utter failure.

Edited by SAI-40

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

I don't see how this is bug exploiting ?

I have not been made aware that this is a bug and therefor will continue to play to my surroundings.

Because you shouldn't be doing any damage with an utter failure of that magnitude. Losing about 30k and doing about 200k damage is asinine.

59a.gif

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

Specifically, if your goal is to sink ships, an utter failure should mean you don't sink any.

It's clear that the mechanic is checking the battle between aircraft, and then independently calculating the damage done, when it ought to be calculating damage done only if the attack is successful.

Conversely, though, it could be argued that since only 35 of the 78 ships were destroyed, that means 43 made it through to attack the ships. So maybe it's working as intended and ships are just supposed to be a glass jaw?

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Because you shouldn't be doing any damage with an utter failure of that magnitude. Losing about 30k and doing about 200k damage is asinine.

Then perhaps this thread should be posted under 'Suggestions' as opposed to bug reports as there is no clear fact that this is a bug. 

Then perhaps this thread should be posted under 'Suggestions' as opposed to bug reports as there is no clear fact that this is a bug. 

I don't know, perhaps you misunderstand what kind of damage an Utter Failure is supposed to do. It's a failure of the worst magnitude, you shouldn't come out ahead with an Utter Failure, and losing four planes while destroying two ships is coming out ahead. On an Utter Failure. That shouldn't happen, that's a bug.

59a.gif

This is 100% a bug as sheepy will prove. The fact that earlier in this thread iljohn admits to exploiting the bug is a big teller and should not go unrepromanded as has happened to other bug exploiters in the past.

T7Vrilp.png

I don't think that iljohn was talking about exploiting the bug.  I think it kind of went over his head that you were complaining about a bug a bit and he thought you were just talking about exploiting the planes as a tool.  So he talked about exploiting the spies as a tool.  Not as a bug.

I mean really.  Who would admit to exploiting a bug in public?  He clearly misunderstood the topic at hand.

And there's really no reason that this has to be a bug.  It is really no more outrageous than one spy having an excellent chance to kill more than one spy when they have more spies... Should I say spy again?

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Clearly isn't a bug, I'm almost positive this in place to destroy blockades easier and give the underdog a better balance in the fight.

I'm almost positive that you're spouting complete !@#$. This isn't balanced, it's skewed way the !@#$ to the losers advantage. If it's intentional, it needs to be changed. If it's not, then it's a bug.

Edited by SAI-40

59a.gif

What's the problem here there has been many cases were planes highly outnumbered suicides into the enemy ships just to get the job done even though it was a loss cause.

And besides you should be happy after killing all thoses ships I no longer have planes you should be over joyed with this see this is a win win ;)

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Also you can only be guilty of exploiting a bug if you know it's a bug and that it's not intentional. For one. So before anyone could be guilty Sheepy would have to confirm that it is not intentional.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

To prove it is a bug, here is a similar attack done that turned out to be an immense triumph. Note I had more ships than the user did who was attacked in my OP.

The Survivor Diabolos of The Underlying Lands ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Phintopia. The attack was an immense triumph. The Survivor Diabolos's forces lost 12 aircraft, while OOoooooshhhness Phiney's defenders lost 26 aircraft. The attack destroyed 7.03 infrastructure in the city of Pots and 10 ships.

only 3 more ships killed between an utter failure and an immense triumph? (note, I also think the amount of ships killed in these attacks is too high regardless, but that is for a game suggestions thread). 

T7Vrilp.png

This isn't a one case problem. Why can't you see its clearly a bug, every other type of attack, you get an utter failure and you lose the attack, not come out infront. It's really quite simple.

I have had some cases in ground battles in which were utter failures but I lost 1/3rd the amount he did should I also consider this to be a bug that should be fixed