12/7/2014 - Holiday Competition

Alex

• Administrators

I'm enjoying these little player competitions we've had on the forums. Let's have ourselves a nice holiday logo competition. Much like our Turkey Day competition, we'll have a time period where you can make your submission. That will begin now and run until next Sunday, at which point I'll open up a poll for voting, and on the 21st that poll will close and we'll run the chosen logo for the rest of the year.

The rules for submission are:

Logo size is 1000px by 150px

One submission per player

It can be anything holiday theme, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Wintery-themed, you name it. You guys will vote on it and choose, not me.

Post your replies with your submission to this thread.

Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'll award a free alliance-pip to the winner of the competition. That should give some more incentive to compete! :D

-----

Current Submissions

The Speaker - politicswarholiday_zps293bf9b5.png

Chaos -

PW_Xmas14_zps39aa50b0.png

President Jorji -

Yck1HMw.jpgRegulus -

frozen2_zpse63f11df.png

Niklaus -

PWlogoNiklaus_zps8c605959.png

Phiney -

2JRmBIz.png

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I will make an effort, I recently started some photo editing stuff.... no promises though. 

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

• Administrators

Here is what I got. 

politicswarholiday_zps293bf9b5.png

PW_Xmas14_zps39aa50b0.png

Now that i think about it, it's a lot like last years' logo. Oh well.Yck1HMw.jpg

frozen2_zpse63f11df.png

Someone had to do it...

These are all fabulous submissions so far! I love how everyone takes a different spin with their designs, we come up with much better material than I create on my own. I'm excited to see what else gets submitted and to see what wins!

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

PWlogoNiklaus_zps8c605959.png

I did not change the basic color scheme, keeping some of the original feeling intact and added some custom elements to represent both the holiday and winter spirit along with the various aspects of the game - politics and war.

Edited by Niklaus
  • Upvote 2

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

This has my vote.

Do you want to build a WAR?

Do you want to build a nation?

Try your hands at world war?

Negotiation's overdone

Tell everyone

They're going to feel sore!

Edited by Grillick
  • Upvote 4

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Do you want to build a nation?

Try your hands at world war?

Negotiation's overdone

Tell everyone

They're going to feel sore!

When that entry wins, I demand these lyrics be added. Or I'll burn Sheepy nation to the ground.

Or if you prefer, I'll do it if it wins.

Just vote on it dammit.

q8nfyvc.gif

I love how the game staff is interacting with the players through tournaments and competitions! Please keep  on doing this in the future! 

• Upvote 3

8742143.png?170

Concilium Populusque Mandalórus ("The Council and the People of Mandalore")

: Carter and me have nukes, and Saxplayer is just sassy

Chaos' gave me a headache looking at it. I couldn't initially read it. I had to stare at it and still having eye problems.

Glad I could help

• Upvote 2

Grealind = Anson

When it comes right down to it, numbers don't matter, and they never will.

• Administrators

2JRmBIz.png

That's a nice looking logo! What do you use to make that sort of bevel on the text?

Forums Rules | Game Link

That's a nice looking logo! What do you use to make that sort of bevel on the text?

Just a hard chisel to with the size quite high to make it sharp in the middle, then I overlayed an image masked by the text and played around with the layer styles to get it looking shiny and with a bit of depth. The snow is a bit shit but I just brushed it on quickly so there you go. 

• Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png