Increase military diversity

Jefferson Davis III

I have a suggestion, the military set up in the game is not as complex as the real world would have it. I think that different units should be added to the game to make things more interesting. Things like different kinds of soldiers that you can separate sending different amounts on each mission, same goes for ships tanks and planes. Yes it would complicate things a little bit, but real war and real politics isn't easy either, in real life, generals spend months working on battle plans and attacks, that is a little too long for us, but you should have to at least sit and think for a couple minutes what you want to do. Also the war actions should be a little more diverse. for instance, you should be able to decide which enemy city takes infrastructure damage instead of the game deciding for you.

This is how I think things should work;

barracks, allows you to hire 3,000 soldiers per.

Militia- Militia are citizen soldiers that are given cheap guns and some bullets, they have very little training. They cost much less to train and maintain than regulars.

Army Regulars- Normal infantry with months of training and a trusty M4 carbine. Cost more than militia but are much more effective.

Mercenaries- Former soldiers and civilians itching to kill, but for a price. Cost more than regulars, but with prior combat experience, these men are more effective than just fresh faced recruits.

Marines- The elite infantry soldier, these men are hardened by the toughest training known to man. These he men are lean mean killing machines, their training and equipment cost are high, but they are the most effective soldiers on the battlefield.

Factory- Allows up to 250 vehicles

Humvees- Not very effective against armor but with speed and a .50 cal machine gun, they provide a good assault force against infantry.

APCs- Armored Personnel Carrier, they are cumbersome and slow, they are not very good against infantry, but with their toe missile rockets, they are very effective against heavy tanks.

Heavy tank- Big bad and loud, these puppies are ever infantryman's worst nightmare. These things role through humvees and infantrymen like butter but encounter resistance from APCs and more advanced infantry.

Mobile SAM truck-These guys are no worth anything against ground units, thats why they are behind the front lines, they never engage infantry, they can only be targeted by spies, planes, and ships. However, these vehicles are major defenses. These vehicles provide surface to surface and surface to air missiles. When your nation is attack, each vehicle has a 15% chance to shoot down one enemy plane of any kind. When you are attacking, you can send these things in just a few clicks behind the lines to rain fire on the enemy, you can target infantry, vehicles, and even docked ships, (but note that if you target ships, each sam truck will only have a 1% chance of hitting the ship and you cannot send more than 50 trucks into an attack). And if you feel like being evil, the trucks can also target money and infrastructure to be really painful. But these puppies aren't cheap to keep up with, with an up keep of $1,000 per day per vehicle.

Airfield allows up to 18 aircraft per

Medical Chopper- each chopper saves 100 soldiers from dying in battle to live and fight another day. (the number is high because each chopper makes multiple runs, also, if the chopper is shot down by a missile truck, then the chopper is lost and so are the 100 men it would have saved, provided you actually lose 100 or more men.)

Blackhawk- These rugged choppers are built to take a beating, and dish out one two. These babies come with 2 side mounted M134 mini guns, and 12 marines who can jump down and add to the fighting. (those marines do not count as part of your infantry in the barracks), Also, these work horses are very maneuverable, and carry flares, as a result, they are 20% less likely to be shot down in comparison to other aircraft.

Bomber- Monsters in the sky, these B52 Strata fortresses carry thousands of pounds of pay load, these things do massive damage, each bomber that goes in destroys between 2 and 10 infrastructure, and each bomber has a 15% chance of destroying an improvement no matter what the outcome of the battle is. But these things are very vulnerable towards enemy fighters, so be careful how you use them.

Fighter- These F-18 hornets are cutting edge fighters, they are effective against all other aircraft, even other fighters, when sent into an attack with bombers, they can help draw some of the fighters away from the bombers.

Shipyard allows up to 5 ships

( Now here, I think you should be able to build more than just military ships, so this list includes civilian ships I think you should be able to build )

Container Ship- This 200,000 ton behemoth is great for merchant activity, it transports goods all over the world for much less than usual costs would be. Each ship will give you a 3.25% bonus on every sales you make, meaning, when you sell resources, for every hundred dollars you receive, the shipping company gives you $3.25, and for every purchase you make, you get a 3.5% discount for each ship, meaning for every $100 in purchase you spend, the shipping company will pay $3.50 of it and you keep the savings, the seller of the resource still get the resource he/she was asking for.

Cruise ship- These luxury liners are cities on the ocean and draw in tons of money from tourism. for each ship you have, your nation will receive a 0.5% gross income bonus.

Destroyer- This is an average navy vessel, with a couple of guns up front, some machine guns and a few small missiles. they are effective at destroying other vessels and establishing blockades.

Aircraft Carrier- This is a floating airbase, and it provides not only damage against ships, but provides a means of air defense, each carrier is capable of launching 5 fighter planes in a battle.

I have not come up with any numbers as far as to how much each unit should cost as far as building and maintaining, I think that that is up to sheepy, but I want you guys to discuss as to whether or not this is a good concept or not. I hope to here good arguments.

Jefferson Davis

President

Democratic Nations Coalition

"Head-shots for days"

Sounds a bit too complicated, that said I wouldn't mind Artillery, which have the ability to attack cities like Missiles, or engage in battles backing up ground troops and tanks.

Edited by Georgi Stomana

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

Too complicated. There used to be something similar like this in Pixel Nations and it confused me.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I really like that you're seeking ways to improve the game and to make the military aspect more fun, Jefferson Davis :)

Politics and War's simplicity does seem to be one of its greatest strengths though. The learning curve isn't steep, and it would be best to keep it that way.

• Upvote 2

The reality is that in real life all nations have more than just standard soldiers. Most have marines as well. I suppose adding more to the miltiary aspect of the game to make it more realistic. This would be a good idea. 

Edited by Morgan

Well it is simple, it just looks complicated because of the depth of the description, think about it, pay more money, get better soldiers. the complicated part might just be inside the vehicles, which that can be changed, but the infantry part i think is plenty simple and easy to understand, and I really would like to see the civilian ships too, I think that that would be cool. Maybe if we left the vehicals alone, and only added the medical chopper, and maybe took out the aircraft cairreir, that might dumb things down a lot making it easier to understand, and when a description is applied to each unit, then it should make things easy to learn, most new nations would have militia, others would have marines. the militia have low up keep, so not only do you balance your numbers for cost, but types as well.

"Head-shots for days"

I have a suggestion, the military set up in the game is not as complex as the real world would have it. I think that different units should be added to the game to make things more interesting. Things like different kinds of soldiers that you can separate sending different amounts on each mission, same goes for ships tanks and planes. Yes it would complicate things a little bit, but real war and real politics isn't easy either, in real life, generals spend months working on battle plans and attacks, that is a little too long for us, but you should have to at least sit and think for a couple minutes what you want to do. Also the war actions should be a little more diverse. for instance, you should be able to decide which enemy city takes infrastructure damage instead of the game deciding for you.

This is how I think things should work;

barracks, allows you to hire 3,000 soldiers per.

Militia- Militia are citizen soldiers that are given cheap guns and some bullets, they have very little training. They cost much less to train and maintain than regulars.

Army Regulars- Normal infantry with months of training and a trusty M4 carbine. Cost more than militia but are much more effective.

Mercenaries- Former soldiers and civilians itching to kill, but for a price. Cost more than regulars, but with prior combat experience, these men are more effective than just fresh faced recruits.

Marines- The elite infantry soldier, these men are hardened by the toughest training known to man. These he men are lean mean killing machines, their training and equipment cost are high, but they are the most effective soldiers on the battlefield.

Factory- Allows up to 250 vehicles

Humvees- Not very effective against armor but with speed and a .50 cal machine gun, they provide a good assault force against infantry.

APCs- Armored Personnel Carrier, they are cumbersome and slow, they are not very good against infantry, but with their toe missile rockets, they are very effective against heavy tanks.

Heavy tank- Big bad and loud, these puppies are ever infantryman's worst nightmare. These things role through humvees and infantrymen like butter but encounter resistance from APCs and more advanced infantry.

Mobile SAM truck-These guys are no worth anything against ground units, thats why they are behind the front lines, they never engage infantry, they can only be targeted by spies, planes, and ships. However, these vehicles are major defenses. These vehicles provide surface to surface and surface to air missiles. When your nation is attack, each vehicle has a 15% chance to shoot down one enemy plane of any kind. When you are attacking, you can send these things in just a few clicks behind the lines to rain fire on the enemy, you can target infantry, vehicles, and even docked ships, (but note that if you target ships, each sam truck will only have a 1% chance of hitting the ship and you cannot send more than 50 trucks into an attack). And if you feel like being evil, the trucks can also target money and infrastructure to be really painful. But these puppies aren't cheap to keep up with, with an up keep of $1,000 per day per vehicle.

Airfield allows up to 18 aircraft per

Medical Chopper- each chopper saves 100 soldiers from dying in battle to live and fight another day. (the number is high because each chopper makes multiple runs, also, if the chopper is shot down by a missile truck, then the chopper is lost and so are the 100 men it would have saved, provided you actually lose 100 or more men.)

Blackhawk- These rugged choppers are built to take a beating, and dish out one two. These babies come with 2 side mounted M134 mini guns, and 12 marines who can jump down and add to the fighting. (those marines do not count as part of your infantry in the barracks), Also, these work horses are very maneuverable, and carry flares, as a result, they are 20% less likely to be shot down in comparison to other aircraft.

Bomber- Monsters in the sky, these B52 Strata fortresses carry thousands of pounds of pay load, these things do massive damage, each bomber that goes in destroys between 2 and 10 infrastructure, and each bomber has a 15% chance of destroying an improvement no matter what the outcome of the battle is. But these things are very vulnerable towards enemy fighters, so be careful how you use them.

Fighter- These F-18 hornets are cutting edge fighters, they are effective against all other aircraft, even other fighters, when sent into an attack with bombers, they can help draw some of the fighters away from the bombers.

Shipyard allows up to 5 ships

( Now here, I think you should be able to build more than just military ships, so this list includes civilian ships I think you should be able to build )

Container Ship- This 200,000 ton behemoth is great for merchant activity, it transports goods all over the world for much less than usual costs would be. Each ship will give you a 3.25% bonus on every sales you make, meaning, when you sell resources, for every hundred dollars you receive, the shipping company gives you $3.25, and for every purchase you make, you get a 3.5% discount for each ship, meaning for every $100 in purchase you spend, the shipping company will pay $3.50 of it and you keep the savings, the seller of the resource still get the resource he/she was asking for.

Cruise ship- These luxury liners are cities on the ocean and draw in tons of money from tourism. for each ship you have, your nation will receive a 0.5% gross income bonus.

Destroyer- This is an average navy vessel, with a couple of guns up front, some machine guns and a few small missiles. they are effective at destroying other vessels and establishing blockades.

Aircraft Carrier- This is a floating airbase, and it provides not only damage against ships, but provides a means of air defense, each carrier is capable of launching 5 fighter planes in a battle.

I have not come up with any numbers as far as to how much each unit should cost as far as building and maintaining, I think that that is up to sheepy, but I want you guys to discuss as to whether or not this is a good concept or not. I hope to here good arguments.

Jefferson Davis

President

Democratic Nations Coalition

No.... Just.... !@#$ no....

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Why have the elite forces be called ''marines''?

Though, I like this idea. Combining different units for maxiumum effectivness

I, Baghdad Bob, insist that the elite forces be called "Republican Guards", as we all know those are the most elite soldiers ever.

Duke of House Greyjoy

The problem with a setup of units like this (something like this was used in another world) is that it will still devolve into nations simply using the best of each type of unit. So there's really no point in having levels of units etc.

• Upvote 2

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Ok ok, how about this, lets scrub the vehicle part, lets scrub the infantry part, gone. done. and lets get rid of the aircraft carrier too, and the bomber and the attack chopper. gone. simple. That leaves things like this.

Infantry

Tanks

Fighters- and Medivac choppers

cruise ship- container ship- and warship.

because I like the medivac chopper a lot. and I love the idea of civilian ships that improve money. can we agree on that?

"Head-shots for days"

No, there are plenty of ways to increase production  and income city-side without assuming that every nation has a large port and needs to build ships. As for the soldiers, they are the cheapest and easiest to replace units in the game, a med-evac helicopter would have to not occupy extra slots and be dirt cheap to be at all effective, ie 100 men is $200 and presumably the chopper would at least need gas to run and have some daily wage, seems like the margins are very narrow. 

• Upvote 1

No, there are plenty of ways to increase production  and income city-side without assuming that every nation has a large port and needs to build ships. As for the soldiers, they are the cheapest and easiest to replace units in the game, a med-evac helicopter would have to not occupy extra slots and be dirt cheap to be at all effective, ie 100 men is $200 and presumably the chopper would at least need gas to run and have some daily wage, seems like the margins are very narrow. 

well, if a 30 ton steel tank is able to be made for 60 bucks and out of 1 ton of steel(no sense at all), then I think a very thin skin medavac chopper could be pretty cheap

"Head-shots for days"