11/26/2014 - Turkey Day Competition

Alex

• Administrators

Hey everyone! This is kind of a spur-of-the-moment idea, but I'd like to get a fancy Thanksgiving logo we can display tomorrow. I could, of course, make a lame one myself, but I love the idea of crowdsourcing, so I'm opening this up to everyone as a competition! You can use whatever you'd like to create the image, but it needs to be the same dimensions as the normal logo and must be submitted by midnight tonight.

For those of you who aren't American, you likely don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but it's traditionally a holiday time where you eat a big meal and spend time with friends and family and be thankful for all of the things we're fortunate enough to have. Hopefully, even if you don't celebrate the holiday, you can appreciate the sentiment and you're still welcome to submit a Thanksgiving-themed logo.

Due to time constraints, I'll simply be picking the winner myself later tonight, and the winner will receive a free alliance pip. You'll be able to redeem that whenever you have a pip ready, and for whatever alliance you'd like. If there are multiple great submissions, I may pick some other honorable mentions for other prizes.

Go ahead and post a link to your submission here in this thread! If you see a logo that you like, "like" the post and I'll keep that in consideration when making my final decision (how many "likes" each logo has). Thanks!

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

eQSvIeR.png

hand pixeled turkey for chu.

Turns out paint makes things like crap. :3 But it's all I have at work... :P

Also have no idea why it didn't save at the proper size o_0

ah well, nevermind.

Edited by Jarl Matt
  • Upvote 2

1x Gentleman of Economics @ TSG

1x Leader @ TSG

1x Minister of Prosperity @ TEL

1x Adviser @ TEL

First Recipient of the Order of the Jarl @ TEL - Honoring service to the alliance.

1x Associate @ tS

• Administrators

Haha this is great! I love all of the submissions you guys have made, the Poultry & War is very original and unique!

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

PWdraw.png

• Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

• Administrators

A lot of these are actually extremely well done and/or hilarious. It's going to be a tough choice! ^_^

Absolutely! I've got to pick just one, though. Next time I'll make sure to think ahead of time, and we'll judge it by community vote!

PWdraw.png

This looks more Christmas themed than Thanksgiving themed!

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

I came up with a few different ones... If I can't have more than one let me know!

mjIxZS1.png

Had to go with this one! I thought it was the most festive out of all the logos! Thanks to everyone who made a submission, these were all great to see and consider. Cynic, I'll send you a PM about the free alliance pip, and I'll post any honorable mentions here in a second.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

This looks more Christmas themed than Thanksgiving themed!

Are you serious? This is totally thanksgiving.

• Upvote 2

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

• Administrators

PjcUQFr.png

This one has a considerable amount of likes, and is also quite original. Ren, you're my honorable mention, and I'll go ahead and give you a free alliance pip too. Check your PMs. Thanks again to everyone who submitted an image!

• Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

I liked Cynic's logo a lot, but I wouldn't have chosen anything that changes the name of the game. Google, for example, comes up with creative banners but it's still Google.

Also like the suggestion made, if possible, to code an option to auto switch the banners.

c3Ct0v4.png