12/31/2013 - Commerce Nerfed

Alex

You want to make this change really work?

1. Give each nation a single power resource (either coal or oil) and a single non-power resource. Create a need to actually use the market, as was suggested before. Cooperation between nations/international trade should be essential to surviving. This also makes getting into alliances - which is the best way to keep people involved in the game - much more important.

I'm going to clarify on this. Either that or refute what you're saying.

You do not need any resources to survive right now (except food). Even if I can only make one resource (I hope you give food to everybody) I don't really care that much, unless I'm going to be running tanks or planes (ostensibly soldiers may eventually use munitions). Maybe if the cost to buy a resource is high enough to justify using a slot to mine/refine, I'll do it, but otherwise it's still commerce all the way. I can elect to live a lifestyle largely free from the resource system completely, and, far from being suboptimal, this is certainly still one of the best ways to grow.

Make it so that we need other resources to survive, by making buildings, infrastructure, new cities, etc. cost resources. If we do not need resources, we won't need to buy them.

I think fighting wars gets harder with each update. 

In my opinion, you can focus either on money or on resources (including tanks airplanes etc); so you can either be the one who pays other countries to defend you  (like Saudi Arabia tried to) or the one to be paid...

Before you touched anything everything was perfect stop screwing things up. What will you touch next. If you plan on messing with things there is infrastructure and land costs also military costs that's what needs to be decreased. Thanks for ruining 400k of my income.

4455internet_serious_business.JPG

xzhPlEh.png?1

I went from making 200k to sub 100k.

Thank you for this.

Not all change is going to give you more money, bub.

I, for one, support this change. It makes 100% commerce much harder to get (a good thing, since there's no point in having a commerce scale if everyone has 100% in all their cities within days). However, it's not the entire solution, and as Hereno and others have pointed out, there needs to be more demand for resources. Making improvements require resources to build is a good suggestion.

Also, for the love of Pete, make Steel Mills use coal (as well as iron). Where do you think the carbon in steel even comes from?

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

Thank you for this.

I, for one, support this change. It makes 100% commerce much harder to get (a good thing, since there's no point in having a commerce scale if everyone has 100% in all their cities within days). However, it's not the entire solution, and as Hereno and others have pointed out, there needs to be more demand for resources. Making improvements require resources to build is a good suggestion.

Also, for the love of Pete, make Steel Mills use coal (as well as iron). Where do you think the carbon in steel even comes from?

True story (the trade). I produced goods, refined Gasoline, already selling it at 50% of what my nearest competitor wants, but it looks like if trade has imploded. I mean some days before I saw >80 offers, now there are 36... world-wide, among 547 nations... and those offers come from about 20 nations, meaning that only 3.6% of all nations participate in trading... :(

• Administrators

Supermarkets:

Cost $5,000 to build

$600/day to maintain

Increase commerce by a flat 4%

Max Per City: 1

Uh, only one supermarket?  Really?

Lol that was supposed to be 5, my fault. typo.

Thank you for this.

True story (the trade). I produced goods, refined Gasoline, already selling it at 50% of what my nearest competitor wants, but it looks like if trade has imploded. I mean some days before I saw >80 offers, now there are 36... world-wide, among 547 nations... and those offers come from about 20 nations, meaning that only 3.6% of all nations participate in trading... :(

It could also mean that it is such a buyers market that selling offers get gobbled up immediately. Or that more in-alliance and personal trades are going on.

I feel like the Commerce Improvements page in-game should be changed to reflect this update.

I did update it, did I miss something?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Archived