Possible Snorlax Issue

George Clooney

I'd like to report a possible issue with Snorlax.  Officially, it kicks in at 10 seconds until the top of the hour.  So launching an attack at the top of the hour should theoretically be impossible.

If so, then how does this happen (note the screenshot)?  If it's a simple issue of a delay in reporting and he had the MAPs for the attack and it happened before the cutoff, it's cool (indeed I didn't actually mind getting beiged in the moment), but if not, then either it's a bug or something else.

Thanks.

2023-05-23_22-06-31.png

45 minutes ago, Coffee Man Coffee said:

I don't know dude it is weird

This subforum's rules on replying:

"When replying to a post

• Unless you are posting specific evidence as it relates to the technical support report or providing positive feedback and/or assistance on the report DO NOT post in a technical support thread.
  • Posts that are intended to disrupt a discussion rather than actually contribute to it will be considered trolling/derailing and will result in disciplinary actions."

So kindly don't reply unless you have something useful/relevant to say.

----------------------------------

@George Clooney I'm not sure if this is the actual reasoning, just a hypothesis, but the game's reporting may just round times. So 01:59:30 AM would get rounded to 02:00:00 AM.

Edited by Jacob Knox
Edit to kinda separate my merged replies

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

18 minutes ago, Jacob Knox said:

This subforum's rules on replying:

@George Clooney I'm not sure if this is the actual reasoning, just a hypothesis, but the game's reporting may just round times. So 01:59:30 AM would get rounded to 02:00:00 AM.

And if that is the case, fine.  But a check of the server logs should confirm or refute that.  I think it's worth a look.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Do you have a war ID or anything I can use to actually look it up? Also, for turn changes the game only stops from :50 to :30, for DC it's much longer. Odds are they either attacked after the snorlax ended or they got lucky and the game was slow enough the request passed the snorlax then didn't complete until :00 happened.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 10:38 PM, Village said:

Do you have a war ID or anything I can use to actually look it up? Also, for turn changes the game only stops from :50 to :30, for DC it's much longer. Odds are they either attacked after the snorlax ended or they got lucky and the game was slow enough the request passed the snorlax then didn't complete until :00 happened.

Apologies for the delay.  War ID is 1703985.  Thanks for checking on this.

• Developer

Sorry for the long delay, I don't check the forums much (really need to), I looked up the time and it was at :35, meaning 5 seconds after snorlax times out so doesn't look like anything fishy went on there.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 10:06 PM, Village said:

Sorry for the long delay, I don't check the forums much (really need to), I looked up the time and it was at :35, meaning 5 seconds after snorlax times out so doesn't look like anything fishy went on there.

Ok, thanks.