11/20/2014 - Alliance Announcements

Alex

• Administrators

I stayed up really late tonight and will be super tired early tomorrow morning, but I'm pleased to announce that I've made a significant to the alliance announcements feature. No longer are they simply posts that are boring and a way for your leaders to nag you. Instead, you now have the ability to comment on announcements and use them for in-game discussion.

The features here are still very basic, but there are a couple nifty things like if you double post, your new post will be automatically edited into your old post. I think you'll find that handy.

Anyway, test it out and let me know what you think. Odds are I created some sort of small bug(s) along the way, so let me know about those when you find 'em. 

Thanks guys!

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Can we edit/delete our announcements, too? Good update, regardless of that. ^_^

Didn't get that far, but you can of course post a comment to "edit" your original announcement (clarify something or whatever in the comments), so that's definitely a plus.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

I need some sleep! Quickly also, I updated the sidebar so that's it's expanded a bit when you're looking at the Trade page, Military page, or your alliance's page. If you don't know what I'm talking about, give one of those pages a visit and check out the sidebar. Should make it easier for trading, buying military units, and accessing the announcements section of your alliance.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nice little feature. Might be useful for members like me who's too lazy to visit the forums.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I stayed up really late tonight and will be super tired early tomorrow morning, but I'm pleased to announce that I've made a significant to the alliance announcements feature. No longer are they simply posts that are boring and a way for your leaders to nag you. Instead, you now have the ability to comment on announcements and use them for in-game discussion.

The features here are still very basic, but there are a couple nifty things like if you double post, your new post will be automatically edited into your old post. I think you'll find that handy.

Anyway, test it out and let me know what you think. Odds are I created some sort of small bug(s) along the way, so let me know about those when you find 'em. 

Thanks guys!

That's fast work Sheepy. To think we were just chatting about how that was top of your priority list a few hours ago!  :D

• Upvote 1
wF9Bjre.gif

I've always wanted this to be added. Thanks.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Could we get the ability to "pin" announcements? Also could we have the ability to scroll through all of the announcements and not just the most recent 10?

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth