Alex

11/20/2014 - Alliance Announcements

I stayed up really late tonight and will be super tired early tomorrow morning, but I'm pleased to announce that I've made a significant to the alliance announcements feature. No longer are they simply posts that are boring and a way for your leaders to nag you. Instead, you now have the ability to comment on announcements and use them for in-game discussion.

The features here are still very basic, but there are a couple nifty things like if you double post, your new post will be automatically edited into your old post. I think you'll find that handy.

Anyway, test it out and let me know what you think. Odds are I created some sort of small bug(s) along the way, so let me know about those when you find 'em. 

Thanks guys!

• Upvote 5

Can we edit/delete our announcements, too? Good update, regardless of that. ^_^

Didn't get that far, but you can of course post a comment to "edit" your original announcement (clarify something or whatever in the comments), so that's definitely a plus.

Very handy indeed, good work sheepy 

I need some sleep! Quickly also, I updated the sidebar so that's it's expanded a bit when you're looking at the Trade page, Military page, or your alliance's page. If you don't know what I'm talking about, give one of those pages a visit and check out the sidebar. Should make it easier for trading, buying military units, and accessing the announcements section of your alliance.

I stayed up really late tonight and will be super tired early tomorrow morning, but I'm pleased to announce that I've made a significant to the alliance announcements feature. No longer are they simply posts that are boring and a way for your leaders to nag you. Instead, you now have the ability to comment on announcements and use them for in-game discussion.

The features here are still very basic, but there are a couple nifty things like if you double post, your new post will be automatically edited into your old post. I think you'll find that handy.

Anyway, test it out and let me know what you think. Odds are I created some sort of small bug(s) along the way, so let me know about those when you find 'em. 

Thanks guys!

That's fast work Sheepy. To think we were just chatting about how that was top of your priority list a few hours ago!  :D

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update Sheepy, I really like the idea of miniature discussions for announcements. :D

• Upvote 1

Great addition, makes it a bit more complex. Also adds another way for better alliance communication!

• Upvote 1

Could we get the ability to "pin" announcements? Also could we have the ability to scroll through all of the announcements and not just the most recent 10?

I'm a bit late, but thanks for the awesome game featues, Sheepy!

Already starting to see an increased involvement and activity from alliance members. B)

• Upvote 1