New Project Discussion

Prefontaine

Just now, Prefontaine said:

Military Expansion
Requirement: At least 3,500,000 Soldier kills, 100,000 Tanks destroyed, 10,000 Aircraft destroyed, 1,000 ships destroyed

Would be nice to see something similar for c40 plus nations but make it so you need to be in the top 10 nations on kill leader boards 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

Just now, Coffee Man Coffee said:

Can i suggest a new project

Go for it here. We went through this thread to pull ideas for projects among other sources. Made some tweaks and what not. Whenever new projects are requested we source that thread.

Just now, Kim said:

Would be nice to see something similar for c40 plus nations but make it so you need to be in the top 10 nations on kill leader boards 

Could be something expanded into. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Just now, Kim said:

Would be nice to see something like that for c9 plus nations

• Downvote 1

Just now, Supreme Commander said:

As well as Mars Landing, make it actually worth-while instead of just an achievement.

I've been tossing the idea of what to do around potential "space resources" collected from the moon and mars. May be something expanded onto the projects later, but for now its for cosmetics. 

• Like 1

scSqPGJ.gif

1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

Requirement: At least 3,500,000 Soldier kills, 100,000 Tanks destroyed, 10,000 Aircraft destroyed, 1,000 ships destroyed

What about making this for units lost instead? And add another zero.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The current moon project and the suggested Mars project should provide a project slot. As much as I would want to get them for the achievement, as a project it does nothings but debuffs my nation by consuming a project slot I can't consider getting them in their current state. They should provide some tangible benefit or at the very least not take up a project slot if they don't do anything. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Majima Goro said:

What about making this for units lost instead? And add another zero.

I'd rather promote the offensive end. Additionally these numbers are pretty close to the current average kill counts for a C20. Having about half the game be able to access it at that point is the reason for the current numbers.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

The food project is an interesting way of addressing the large rise in total food on Orbis. The main problem is that it doesn't offer nearly enough incentive for pretty much anyone to get it. Haven't crunched numbers but just making food and not having the extra food consumption is probably better for the whales who would get anything in the way of a cash boost from it in the first place.

• Upvote 2

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

I guess the only part I don’t like on Advanced pirate economy is the severe disadvantage the defending nation has in limiting the loot. They are pretty much defenseless in many of raids to begin with — active pirating included. And this comes from an objective standpoint as someone who raids and supports doing so. I just think +10% on the defeat modifier is steep when you’re already adding +10% on ground attacks (stacking Pirate Econ and Advanced PE). No?

The rest of this I have to wrap my head around still. 

TLDR for these projects:

1.) ITC wasn't good enough for the whales at 125% commerce. So suffer a 15% penalty on all those sweet farms you have to get an extra 9% commerce.

2.) We don't know how to add proper resource sinks so here's a project and a gold star for it.

3.) As long as you aren't a sheltered RP player please enjoy a free C30.

4.) Spend $400m so you get a slightly larger chance to get proof that Rose is stat-padding spy kills on you.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

New Project: Bountiful Harvest
Requirements: Green Technologies
Cost: 0$
Food: 2,000,000
Aluminum: 50,000
Steel: 40,000
Gasoline: 30,000
Effect: Max commerce percentage rate is increased by 9. The nation can build 3 more supermarkets per city. Food consumption increased by rate by 15%. Nations in war take an additional 5% increase rate in food consumption.

15% consumption increase? Like a 15% increase to the food usage? Isn't that like...nothing? I have full soldiers at 48 cities and my food usage is 22k per day. 15% of 22k is 3300. Food currently sells at 123 ppu. 3300*123 = 405900. That is less than 1/100 of my nations daily gross income. 

Did I totally misunderstand something or mess up the math or something or is the "downside" of this completely pointless?

Just now, Zoot said:

15% consumption increase? Like a 15% increase to the food usage? Isn't that like...nothing? I have full soldiers at 48 cities and my food usage is 22k per day. 15% of 22k is 3300. Food currently sells at 123 ppu. 3300*123 = 405900. That is less than 1/100 of my nations daily gross income. 

Did I totally misunderstand something or mess up the math or something or is the "downside" of this completely pointless?

Idk i am not good at math either

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

New Project: Advanced Surveillance Network
Project Requirements: Intelligence Agency, Advanced Urban Planning
Cost: $300,000,000
Aluminum: 20,000
Steel: 20,000
Uranium: 10,000
Effect: Spy attacks against your nation are 10% less likely to succeed and the attacker is 10% more likely to be identified. 

Clarification. Is this a multiplication or a subtraction. I.e would an attacker with 10% odds on a defender without the project have a 9% or a 0% chance if the defender had the project?

Just now, Zoot said:

It really does seem negligence, at c33 with a would be peace time consumption of 12.5k~ with this project my consumption would be increased by 12.5k × 0.15 = 1881 which is worth a grand total of 1881 × 123 = 231k, half of the daily login bonus. So yeah this penalty is negligible.

I think the main problem with this project will be having enough infra to actually use it well.