GW 27 Discussion

Keegoz

Who are we including in “GW27” since it seems not everyone is in agreement in which wars are seperate and which are the same.’

Edited by MinesomeMC
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MinesomeMC said:

Who are we including in “GW27” since it seems not everyone is agreement in which wars are seperate and which are the same.’

I'd go with the current wiki interpretation tbh.

• Downvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

15 hours ago, Keegoz said:

1. Which alliance fought the best this war? Why?

I thought Paradise did surprisingly well. They have the second most wars declared, being slightly ahead of Eclipse and only slightly behind Rose despite having a third of Rose's members, and have outpaced Cata and TKR for damage dealt (though I suppose being able to hit Afterlyfe has given them a slight edge, its only a slight one regardless).

Anri still sux tho. 

KT would be here but they're too busy statpadding off of micros 

There's definitely areas Eclipse can improve on, but I'm proud of the number of offensive wars we've declared and will continue to keep pushing that number up after my finals are over. 

2. Which alliance fought the worse this war? Why?

Defo TKR for getting both outgrown and now outfought by Rose. 

3. Did any alliance improve this war or perform worse?

Legion of Dawn getting their members to find the declare war button and show up for a counterblitz automatically makes them better than like, 50% of the game, so I'd say that's a significant improvement. 

4. Who was the biggest winner out of the war? aka who gained the most?

Rose. 

5. Who was the biggest loser out of the war? aka who lost the most?

Also Rose. 

Feel free to discuss one question or all of them. I'll likely post my own when I get some more time.

Mr. dev team man, can you please tell us when we are getting literally any update at all? Thanks. 

Edited by KindaEpicMoah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, abaddon said:

I have to say Cata even more-so because coordinating with them has been extremely easy.

My heart is so full to see my children getting along.

• Haha 6

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

4 hours ago, Keegoz said:

I think the top couple have been Rose, Cataclysm,KT,Paradise all have done very well and carried weight effectively Paradise gets knocked down to the c11 screwing up and hitting early but they have fought super well the rest of the war and redeemed themselves.

No one has fought super poorly but TKR very much so whelmed me not bad by any stretch but not anything special like previous wars

Got to give a shout out to LOD for performing a counter blitz and otherwise being more competent

God I'm sounding like a broken record of everyone else but Grumpy is the big winner bypassing the rest of the games war and keeping growing while everyone else slugs it out.

I could write this long but being honest tons of losers this war but I'm going to say T$ fa in general and more of Wana's sanity Shoutout to people in Eclipse, Aurora, and others you know who you our for being good sports about this and taking it in good fun.

• Upvote 4

Why are you reading this.

1. Which alliance fought the best this war? Why?

Paradise but I'd like to highlight other alliances that have been putting in good performances.

1. Dark Brotherhood is pulling their weight well for the 2nd war in a row, what's great about this is that they're showing consistency so the performance in Bifrost was clearly not just a 1 and done type of thing. Good show

2. I can't remember the last time House Stark fought, but clearly they're not entirely rusty. 

3. Bourbon Street actually has higher unit kills than both HS and DB, so shoutout there too.

4. The Fighting Pacifists, huge points for fighting on 2 fronts for awhile. Ballsy of them.

No one has been standout bad in comparison to previous wars. Even UPN & LoD have some positives to take out of their wars.

For improvements I'll be biased and say CTO, at the same time we could have been much better in some area's. Room for improvement.

For worse I'm going to say all of Midgard. Most of their C30+ tier had opportunities to rebuild to max or near multiple times to our detriment and despite the abundance of nations that was able to do this most just sat back and waited for their beiges to expire while we slotted them and pulled them back to 0 multiple times, squandering the possibility to come out on their own terms, co-ordinate and pull down our smaller nations between C20-25. 

Grumpy. They got a nice view of the chaos up there on their mountaintop of tranquility.

CTO for the peace terms with Midgard. As well as a much needed PR boost for war performance.

Poor WANA, although his villain arc has been quite entertaining and actually needed. Maybe a loss for him but a gain for brining some life to Orbis in other ways. 

Aurora took a PR hit that's probably worth noting, however Aurora has also been one of the most entertaining alliances the last half year, unfortunately this is the price that's paid.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

9 hours ago, Keegoz said:

My boys in paradise showing why they should be a top 10 alliance in the game.

Probly mayhem, despite this war being a dogpile and easy to stat pad off Fortuna, they still have negative net.

TFP, was expecting them to be average due to the number of nations in their main tiering range. But they proved me wrong and remained just about as consistent with their wars as the majors, so props to Shwin and the rest of TFP gov.

Grumpy for finally being able to avoid a war lmao. They hit the jackpot this war and should enjoy the peace while they can because I don't think the game will let them get comfortable for too long. But they deserved the peace tbh.

It's pretty obvious who lost the most.

• Like 5

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

19 hours ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

Mr. dev team man, can you please tell us when we are getting literally any update at all? Thanks. 

We'll likely get some projects (we announced the pirate ones already) fairly soon. I am aware that's a bit of an eyeroll, but it is the fastest thing that can be coded into the game. We are trying to be a little bit more creative with the next ones.

Actual updates: The war re-writes according to Village are somewhat close. He said it was hard to give a timeline on. I believe after that the new player stuff will come out as well as some war changes. Once we get closer to the prospect of perks being able to be coded, we'll likely spend months trying to balance it (and likely fail).

There has been discussion about trying to tweak some consumption rates of resources, as most resources seem to be increasing (especially in food).

• Like 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

As promised:

As noted, harder to tell in a war that is a dogpile. I definitely think KT, Cata and Paradise fight above their weight class. Rose seems to be improving bit by bit each war and thus probably reaching where we'd expect them to be as the undeniable #1 alliance in the game in a lot of other metrics. On the losing side, I think Eclipse and Aurora deserve some recognition. Eclipse imo is still the best fighting major in this game.

t$, I won't deny that when t$ went on the offensive against GGO that I thought that maybe their milcom was turning a corner but... I feel like t$ has no clue what to do on the backfoot in a war. Which is surprising because since 2021 that is pretty much their entire experience.

Paradise improved quite a bit this war. Might be more evident to those who worked with them before, but they have definitely learnt quite a bit from those earlier wars.

I'll split this between Rose and Grumpy. Rose has now taken down almost all their rivals now. GGO split with part of it joining them. They rolled Cata (not really a rival but they got revenge), they rolled Eclipse, they rolled t$. The only ones they haven't rolled is TKR, and that is partially because others took care of it for them. Grumpy gets to make up for some lost ground due to the losing streak against Eclipse + TEst.

t$. Probably got more chances than they really deserved. I am not sure where they go politically from this, they seem unable or unwilling to change. An unstable and untrustworthy ally, with now one of the worst track records since NPO's departure. 

Edited by Keegoz
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2