Alex

11/16/2014 - Moderation Changes

These updates have occurred over the last couple of days, but I'm just now getting around to making this announcement.

Grendel will be leaving the moderation team. He's got plenty of real-life things preoccupying him, and is ready to retire. I'd like to thank him for sticking around from the beginning and helping manage these forums -- without him I think I may have gone mad at some point. I wish him the best in the future.

The other announcement is that we are bringing a brand new moderator on board to the team. He goes by Aslan and I'm sure you'll see him around here soon. I hope you'll give him a big warm welcome as he pledges to moderate fairly and transparently and bring the best possible experience to you guys on these forums.

With the retirement of Grendel we'll also be doing away with the "head moderator" position. Instead we're going to favor a team approach, with me as "Team Leader", to help moderate as fairly as possible.

Aslan... Is he going to be prowling the forums? Get it because Aslan means lion? Yeah? Eh?

• Upvote 5

We have decided to continue the trend of literary deus ex machina for moderator names. Welcome, Aslan, and thanks for all the support, Grendel! Enjoy your retirement, my friend!

I see someone denied my moderator application.

Do not ask to become a moderator. Moderation positions are invitation only.

The other announcement is that we are bringing a brand new moderator on board to the team. He goes by Aslan and I'm sure you'll see him around here soon. I hope you'll give him a big warm welcome as he pledges to moderate fairly and transparently and bring the best possible experience to you guys on these forums.

Thank you for the intro. Formally, hello to everyone. I am honored to serve.

Hi Aslan!

I just wanted to say I'm glad that Grendle is gone. Biased and downright sloppy mod, community is better off with him gone.

• Upvote 2

Do not ask to become a moderator. Moderation positions are invitation only.

Surely an exception could be made for the unbiased glory that is Shellhound? ;)

Welcome to the moderation team, Aslan. :)