C25+ doesn’t have much going for them

DungeonNerdy

C25+ has nothing going for them project wise

As a c30 I have come to notice. 
while the game has been improving over the years. It hasn’t been in the interest of the older players as much for the new players. I support helping new players have an easier time learning and starting, but what about us older players? C25+ generally farm at this stage of their game. And when war and winter come around it almost impossible to make money and rss. By then time you switch to war rss you have spent 50-100m+

My friends and I have come up with some sort of compromise solution. A green house project that would give +15% growth during winter and or radiation. So when winter is active we still get affected but not nearly as bad as it is currently. With war and winter it’s near impossible to have positive income without spending tens of millions. I also think even a 50% reduction on negative effects would be fair. So half the radiation and half the winter negative so 10% less winter growth reduction. 

id also like to add and extra little bit here at the end and say there should be a planning project for c30+. At this point there isn’t a serious reason to go past c30 besides military. 

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=203488

-Nerdy of Tokyo ward

leader of Terran Federation

note:

War stats are from joining a top 10 pre gw16 “duck hunt” and being in TEst and being zeroed for three months then hopping between micros as biggest nation in them. Not complaining about war or losing. Just farming and big nations having nothing.

EC404DB2-BEF7-42E9-B945-C06109271637.jpeg

FA05A578-B42F-4923-9A02-577F0295D9AB.jpeg

727A560A-9235-4655-91C4-C225739144C2.jpeg

Edited by DungeonNerdy
Clarification due to replies and ignorance
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I will point out that a project for reducing impact of radiation on food production already exists.

Fallout Shelter
fallout_shelter.png
Fallout Shelter is a national project that decreases damage from nukes by 10%, fallout length by 25%, and caps the radiation impact on food production at 90%. Requires the Research and Development Center and Clinical Research Center National Projects to build.
  • Thanks 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

1 hour ago, Jacob Knox said:

I will point out that a project for reducing impact of radiation on food production already exists.

Fallout Shelter
fallout_shelter.png
Fallout Shelter is a national project that decreases damage from nukes by 10%, fallout length by 25%, and caps the radiation impact on food production at 90%. Requires the Research and Development Center and Clinical Research Center National Projects to build.

Yea but capping at 90% means nothing and most of the time if rads are higher than 75% most farmers swap to full Manu not to mention if it's winter 20% reduction from that with rads is insane. You can even go read boris Johnson of Weis forum post on this topic of past c20 is pointless economicly the only 2 reasons is if 1 you like seeing pixels grow 2 militarily. So those of us whales who avoid war as best we can so we can get bigger are SOL as we have no solid options to increase our revenue other than more cities more infra or more land there is not a single project that directly helps people beyond c25+ minus aup up and metro planing cumulatively but metro is built for c21 aup for 16 and up for 11.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, DungeonNerdy said:

At this point there isn’t a serious reason to go past c30 besides military. 

Yes this is the reason to always to be growing.  When you are ready to actually join politics and war beyond sitting around as a protectorate that doesn't engage in real wars you will learn that real quick, also if you are complaining you cant make money with over 25-30 cities, that is on you.

• Upvote 2

On 3/27/2023 at 11:34 PM, DungeonNerdy said:

generally farm at this stage of their game. And when war and winter come around it almost impossible to make money and rss. By then time you switch to war rss you have spent 50-100m+

What? Nuclear winter time should be the time where you make most of your money for any whale. You save food during peace time and sell during war time when the price is 200 ppu. Also, when you are at c30, 100m is only 3 days of income. So unless your alliance is taxing you dry you should be easily able to make money 100m.

On 3/27/2023 at 11:34 PM, DungeonNerdy said:

At this point there isn’t a serious reason to go past c30 besides military.

And that's a pretty big point. Military (and competence) wins wars. And wars are (part of) the name of the game.

11 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Yes this is the reason to always to be growing.  When you are ready to actually join politics and war beyond sitting around as a protectorate that doesn't engage in real wars you will learn that real quick, also if you are complaining you cant make money with over 25-30 cities, that is on you.

The issue isn’t war or the money. It’s food. I understand war quite well after being zeroed for 3 months in GW16 “Duck hunt” in TEst at the time. And being a c26 in micros with members on c10 and such. I was left SOL a lot but I learned how to turn around wars.

beside the unnecessary complaining comment.

If not just me “complaining” several players I know personally agree bigger nations should get some more attention as they are neglected.

Not everyone wants to be at war all the time. Some people play if for the politics. (Me and my fellow leaders included) 

The main point is big nations need options to play not just fight or stagnate. (some people can’t be on every 6 hours to do a ground attack and then just afford to lose a war because they live a life with a job and family) I like the politics aspect and it should be an option for more peaceful alliances that just want to grow. And a side note is farmers should have more rad/winter negate projects. We feel farmers are SOL atm

it’s a pro whale nation and an observation post. Not an anti war post. 

20 minutes ago, Death LordSK said:

What? Nuclear winter time should be the time where you make most of your money for any whale. You save food during peace time and sell during war time when the price is 200 ppu. Also, when you are at c30, 100m is only 3 days of income. So unless your alliance is taxing you dry you should be easily able to make money 100m.

And that's a pretty big point. Military (and competence) wins wars. And wars are (part of) the name of the game.

Growth programs for members. As there’s no point in getting bigger myself atm. I’m on100/100 along with rest of leadership. It’s an observation and suggested solution. 

Yes war is part of the game, but not required. It’s optional, That’s why it’s “politics and war”. I favor the political side of the game. Already understand the boring war side. And would like to suggest a way to resolve the issue for players like me to the devs.  

It was never said that war was a problem. Radiation and winter growth reduction is the topic 

You can make a project to lower radiation, and all you will end up doing is devaluing the cost of food, because you will be increasing the supply.

I dont know why you would want to change the most dynamic resource in the game, and the only resource affected by in-game factors you can not control.  The fact that a bunch of different in-game mechanics can affect it, makes it much more interesting than stay steel, or oil.

I believe the devs already learned this lesson when they changed that noob project that allowed little nations to make more raws, and all it did was lower the cost of raws, which probably benefited us large nations much more than the little nations.  Since we went from paying 4k ppu for bauxite to paying what? 2500 ppu for bauxite now?

Every time they change the game it affects large nations, and guess what, most of the time it effects us positively more than negatively, even when the original intention was to help somebody else, or even try to nerf us. (granted 25-35 is currently mid tier at best)

Welcome to being a larger nation, as you get bigger things slow down, you think its slow now, wait till you get to 40-50 cities, and new cities cost multiple billions of dollars.

If you really want to help yourself make more cash to grow, you should be pushing for things to cost more resources, since we now have nations capable of making 5k+ of every resource a day, and being able to flood the market.  If you want to make more money you will need to come up with ways to increase demand.  

Currently the best way to do that, is to engage in all those wars you dont like fighting in.  When the entire world cant produce food for 2 months straight, that is when your war dodging butt can go out and make a killing.

9 hours ago, DungeonNerdy said:

That’s why it’s “politics and war”. I favor the political side of the game.

Politics AND War, not Politics or War.   If you are playing politics to avoid fighting in wars, personally I think you are doing it wrong, but that is an entirely different discussion.

Also if you are paying 100/100 in taxes of course you are not going to have anything to do.  Switch to 0/0 and be amazed at how much quicker you can do things. (i always forget about taxes as I haven't paid in game taxes for like 6-7 years)

As for talking about not having projects for larger nations,  Every project in the game is a bonus project for larger nations.  One of the good parts of being a large nation is you can have more projects.  So every time a project is introduced into the game, that benefits us.  Besides that new nation project we referred to earlier since we are not able to buy that one.   You said why should you grow beyond X size? Ignoring military that is another reason to do so. 

We aren't allies, so please continue to handicap yourself by wasting money on little nations who will mostly just end up quitting instead of investing in yourself.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

There is an argument to be made that the mid tier (c16-c29) might need a little more going for it. Income wise they seem a little *eh* when compared to those above c30 and ironically when compared to those below them raiding.

I think there is a decent amount to do at c30 as you can start getting some more end-game projects such as spy sat. Not sure it really needs to be the priority.

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.