City Cool-down Timer Change

Prefontaine

City Timer Change  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Should the 0 cool-down timer for a new city be extended to C15 (Currently C10)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/23 at 08:46 PM

Yes. This won't solve (or break) the gap between newer and older players, but it'll help lessen the gap. The game's overall city inflation needs to be matched by reducing obstacles for newer players. Otherwise, they'll realistically never catch up.

4 hours ago, Alan said:

Why have it start at 15 instead of 20? 25?

New players can buy credits for C10 and then have to actually learn how the game works. This doesn't add or change anything except making it easier for people to mass build during a war.

Players don't learn the game by being artificially stuck at c10. By c15, they'll likely be unable to afford c16 within the next ten days. I don't think this will substantially impact mass building, given that credits already offer a way to do that and wars generally aren't decided in the c10-15 tier.

4 hours ago, darkblade said:

Remove the timer entirely.

Though removing timers entirely makes sense since the actual cost of each city is the limiting factor, not the timer, at higher cities, completely removing the timer diminishes the value of credits. This would reduce the monetization of the game, which would probably negatively affect the game in the long run.

3 hours ago, Roberts said:

I think it makes more sense to simply institute a mechanic that puts new players at c10 to start off with

Starting nations at c10 seems drastic and would probably negatively affect raiding in ways we can't know for sure. New players already get to c10 quickly.

Edited by Dolphins
  • Upvote 1

This is probably a dumb idea, but why not gradually increase the timer from c10 to c15 like this:
from c10 to c11 timer is 2 days
from c11 to c12 timer is 4 days
from c14 to c15 timer is 10 days
and the rest is 10 days like usual.
This way people can't just be boosted to c15 in one day without buying credits, and players can get there at a faster rate.

• Upvote 3

Remove the timer for any nation that is 9 cities below the nation with the highest number of cities. If the nation with the highest city count is 100 cities, then anyone 91 or below has no timer. if it's 101, then 92. And so on. 

Edited by Kadin

7 hours ago, CaptainPenguin said:

It closer to 100 million (1500 infra/1500 Land), and I believe the sign on bonus is only 1.5 million a day. 

The cash you make with resources is not that much in that nation size.

** That's not including the improvements costs **

Thats still not alot. 2 weeks of raiding for any decent raider. If someone had to "work hard" for c10,  they either have a very serious condition called skill issue or they got screwed over by their aa. 

• Upvote 1

The only thing I can see this doing is allowing people to mass build cities on lower level players during wars or raids. If you want to mess with the city timer, either reduce it or remove it entirely.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Denison said:

Lets make the new limit unlimited guys. Lets keep catering to newer players! Come on guys. Lets be fair at least to the new players...

This but unironically. Keeping your nation for a long time shouldn't give you an insurmountable advantage for the rest of time.  You scared to compete with new players or something?

Remove the timer. It doesn't serve much purpose other than to limit investment in newer players and hold them down for longer.

It artificially deflates growth for noobs in a game where new players are already heavily disadvantaged.

XLL3z4T.gif

C15 was decided as that is where the new player raiding mechanic goes up to.

Ironically wrote a thread 1 year ago about the removal of city timers. The main issue iirc is some potential issues around warfare and buying or selling cities.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

12 hours ago, Kadin said:

Remove the timer for any nation that is 9 cities below the nation with the highest number of cities. If the nation with the highest city count is 100 cities, then anyone 91 or below has no timer. if it's 101, then 92. And so on. 

What is the point of this?

Edited by Morbius

16 hours ago, CaptainPenguin said:

It closer to 100 million (1500 infra/1500 Land), and I believe the sign on bonus is only 1.5 million a day. 

The cash you make with resources is not that much in that nation size.

** That's not including the improvements costs **

I make 200 million a week as a C5 by raiding,

Reaching C10 is easy, going to C15 will only take a week or two.

i agree that timers should just be removed. I doubt anyone in the C30+ range buys credits to get cities, since it takes far longer than 10 day to get enough cash to buy new cities.

seeing as cash is the real obstacle to buying cities, i say just get rid of the timer for cities.

Edited by Mohammad

6 hours ago, Keegoz said:

C15 was decided as that is where the new player raiding mechanic goes up to.

Ironically wrote a thread 1 year ago about the removal of city timers. The main issue iirc is some potential issues around warfare and buying or selling cities.

Iirc, there's already a cooldown in place that prevents you from building a new city if you recently destroyed one, even below city 10. 

Perhaps keep that in place and remove the normal timer? Or at least reduce to 5 days, and reduce project timer to 5 days, to keep it consistent with the color bloc timer and the national policy timer. 

• Wiki Mod

Okay so peek into the backrooms here. This came up because some IA peeps think it'll help stream line a conversion point from tiny raider to functional nation if the limit is at c11 instead of c10. Me and a couple other people expressed that if we are going to fiddle with it should be moved to C15 to be aligned with the other new player stuff which is also at c15. I'm not a fan of dropping it entirely though. While in practice money is the normal limiter, the cooldown does prevent some cheesy stunt like down declaring and buying multiple cities. (This actually is still possible below C10 and happens a fair bit where someone will down sell to hit targets then rebuild cities for basically free with project benefits, needs fixed separately tbh.) Also for bank thefts it both prevents a trapped offshore dumping its money into cities and also allows the robbed some time to try to recover things.

• Upvote 3

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

16 hours ago, Louis1 said:

What about all that had to work for everything over c10 ? Now they if this passes will I say are getting a free ride.  Gus some form of compensation for not receiving this.

What?

They're not getting anything for free, they just don't have to wait for 10 days from c10 to c15. Aka they get 50 days reduction in a game that is played over 90+ day cycles. I think older players will live lol.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

17 hours ago, Louis1 said:

What about all that had to work for everything over c10 ? Now they if this passes will I say are getting a free ride.  Gus some form of compensation for not receiving this.

What about all of us that had to play for 100 days minimum to reach c10, something you can do in day 1.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

On 3/27/2023 at 2:28 PM, CaptainPenguin said:

I agree removing the timber is a good idea, but not starting new nations at C10.  Those nations that worked hard to get to C10 will feel like their hard work was for nothing. 

Do you also believe that the credit system should be removed. I worked hard to get where I am, but people can just buy resource with credits??????

Screenshot 2023-03-31 11.32.46 PM.png

2 hours ago, themuffinsmanofficial said:

Do you also believe that the credit system should be removed. I worked hard to get where I am, but people can just buy resource with credits??????

That's a more difficult, It cost money to run the server, and credit are helping offset that cost.