City Cool-down Timer Change

Prefontaine

City Timer Change  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Should the 0 cool-down timer for a new city be extended to C15 (Currently C10)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/23 at 08:46 PM

When you look at root causes for the issue(s) surrounding this question, I think it makes more sense to simply institute a mechanic that puts new players at c10 to start off with, but I do support removing the timers entirely for the reasons others have highlighted.

The game is very old and needs not only catchup mechanics but also starting advantages like new nations starting at c10 so people can just begin and get rolling into things. People complaining that this lets them skip XYZ are missing the point that the game itself needs more features - building a city every 10 days is not a fun feature, it's a growth-limiter.

Edited by Roberts
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Roberts said:

When you look at root causes for the issue(s) surrounding this question, I think it makes more sense to simply institute a mechanic that puts new players at c10 to start off with, but I do support removing the timers entirely for the reasons others have highlighted.

The game is very old and needs not only catchup mechanics but also starting advantages like new nations starting at c10 so people can just begin and get rolling into things. People complaining that this lets them skip XYZ are missing the point that the game itself needs more features - building a city every 10 days is not a fun feature, it's a growth-limiter.

I agree removing the timber is a good idea, but not starting new nations at C10.  Those nations that worked hard to get to C10 will feel like their hard work was for nothing. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Osmanthus said:

The timer should be set to 5 days instead

I was kinda iffy on both propositions of moving it up to c15 and removing it all together, but your idea is actually one I like. I second this. 
Make it 5 days instead.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Osmanthus said:

The timer should be set to 5 days instead

You you be up to change the Domestic Policy timber also? 

There is no point just changing one and not the other. 

Edited by CaptainPenguin

Just now, CaptainPenguin said:

I agree removing the timber is a good idea, but not starting new nations at C10.  Those nations that worked hard to get to C10 will feel like their hard work was for nothing. 

Worked hard to get to c10? You're kidding right? That's 68.6 mil of investment. Isn't the login bonus alone like 6 mil for new players?

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

1 hour ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

The reason it's there is to encourage people who don't know better to spend their irl money on credits to reset the timer 😉

Ofc. Alex is always looking for a way to get people to buy credits. Only a matter of time before you can buy a city for 5 credits.

Edited by darkblade
  • Upvote 1

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

3 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Worked hard to get to c10? You're kidding right? That's 68.6 mil of investment. Isn't the login bonus alone like 6 mil for new players?

It closer to 100 million (1500 infra/1500 Land), and I believe the sign on bonus is only 1.5 million a day. 

The cash you make with resources is not that much in that nation size.

** That's not including the improvements costs **

Edited by CaptainPenguin