Trap trade offers

Raphael

661A58F5-21C3-4726-82D4-59B6146E5F5E.thumb.png.6f6ee878f8db025d797c5d7104251272.png

I just want to bring this up again not because I care about the occasional alliance banker getting posted to RON to get made fun of, though I do think a culture of public humiliation is pretty lame. I make this post on behalf of every player that doesn’t spend 90 hours a week on this game, doesn’t necessarily have a mastery of the meta, and may very well be playing on a phone screen like mine that is slightly too small to show a full trade offer.

New or less committed/attentive players should not be subjected to literal scam trade deals.

I don’t get why that concept is contentious when I’ve brought it up before, but it significantly decreases a player’s enjoyment of a game to feel scammed. Not just did they “lose” something, they lost it to some incredibly idiotic mechanic that people are exploiting. Were I a new player who sold a credit for $1 after paying irl money for it, I’d quit this game and issue an irl chargeback for my money.

If Alex and the devs care at all, this should certainly be addressed - and maybe even include ingame moderation strikes against these nations posting these offers.

clarifying note: I’ve never sold or bought any of these scam offers, and I don’t care if your big alliance lost money on a mistrade, but new players do fall for these which is why people post them. It’s a toxic af practice that has continued for years unanswered.

Thanks for your time.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I am President PRINCE of PRINCE INDIA RISES, Thank you for informing and realising me about my mistake, I have remove all such offers which you are referring to as trap offers. I apologise for knowingly or unknowingly being a part of this though no one ever have sold me for so low through the global so I might have a good sleep considering that you woke me up about how it could affect players.

I had heard that nations which are less than 30 days old can't buy/sell products ±50% of the average market price so I think Alex has done his part and once again apologises for being a part of the scandal and Thank you for being a responsible player to raise up the voice for everyone.

Thank you and apologises

~President PRINCE

PRINCE INDIA RISES

Edited by PRINCE INDIA RISES
Spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes
  • Upvote 1