Random Global Events

Raphael

Seeing that we have seasons already, maybe we should consider adding in random events as well. What this would be is a game-wide global modifier to a specific resource production.

Example:

Unexpected Dry Season: Only fires during the Summer season, -50% farm output

Warm Winter: Food debuff from winter season is halved

Nuclear Reactor Meltdown: Radiation increased by [nukes x 10] on every continent

[Resource] Rush: [Any raw resource other than food] output increased by 10%

Comet Sighted: 1% universal income bonus for 5 days

Harsh Winter: Food debuff from winter is doubled

etc.

• Upvote 4

I think it may take a bit more work and brainstorming, but it's a fine idea and would add some much welcome variety to the game.  

Personally I'd like to see something like a random tourism event.  Perhaps positively effecting commerce or revenue for a particular continent depending on the season.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Frances Merrill said:

I'm thinking of some games, will some of my sharing about online games here be off topic?

fnaf security breach

Well it depends on the game; if there's a game with global random events you want to use as an example, that might fit. 

But if you just want to talk randomly about Core Exiles or Grail Wars or whatever, go here:

Gaming Categories - Politics & War Forum (politicsandwar.com)

23 minutes ago, Dan Sinclair said:

Well it depends on the game; if there's a game with global random events you want to use as an example, that might fit. 

But if you just want to talk randomly about Core Exiles or Grail Wars or whatever, go here:

Gaming Categories - Politics & War Forum (politicsandwar.com)

They're one of the spam bots. Note the tiny, likely scam, link in the bottom corner.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

On 2/12/2023 at 5:17 PM, Roberts said:

Unexpected Dry Season: Only fires during the Summer season, -50% farm output

Warm Winter: Food debuff from winter season is halved

Nuclear Reactor Meltdown: Radiation increased by [nukes x 10] on every continent

Harsh Winter: Food debuff from winter is doubled

Tell me you want to kill food producers without telling me to kill food producers :

(more seriously, so many potential debuffs targeting food producers may be a bit harsh, else the ideas are good)

• Haha 2

Will this idea never die? I suggested this more than 5 years ago, and I was not the first either. Global events would be nice.

Since we are at it again, how about these:

Comet Cow-Paddy slams into the Earth: Farm output doubled for 10 days. Fragments hit on March 17 every year.

Far-Right Global Conspiracy: Crime increases by 10% for 10 days, randomly starting on each continent for a period of 10 days.

Far-Left Global Conspiracy: Education levels rise, production is doubled, cash income is halved for 10 days.

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Upvote 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.