25k iron, bauxite, lead

70k steel, aluminium 

Effect:

Reduces new city cost by 200m

* Supersonic Missile

Requirements: Missile project, space program

Cost: something reasonable

Effect: 

Missiles destroy +3 improvements (atleast 1 powerplant)

Edited by juuzou
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Screenshot from 2023-02-11 18-45-44.png

Project Name: Anti-Tank Rockets
Project Requirements: Propaganda Bureau
Project Cost:
money: $75,000,000
gasoline: 12,500
munitions: 12,500

Project Effect: Reduces the casualties of the first defensive ground attack of the war by 50% (this project cannot be combined with Anti-Aircraft)

Project Name: Anti-Aircraft

Project Requirements: Propaganda Bureau
Project Cost:
money: $75,000,000
gasoline: 12,500
munitions: 12,500

Project Effect: Reduces the casualties of the first defensive air attack of the war by 50% (this project cannot be combined with Anti-Tank Rockets)

note: This should help with blitzes a bit by giving the defensive side a bit more breathing room with the initial attacks. I wonder if this could be implemented to where instead of the first attacks, it would reduce it entirely, thus forming a meta where you need to exploits their weakness (GA those who don't have A-TR, and air attack those who don't have A-A). I think a test server tournement would be needed to see the viability of it but I think it would make things interesting in general warfare.

Edited by darkblade
  • Upvote 4

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

• Project: AI Guidance System
    Requirements: Space program, Missile Launch Pad
    Cost: $15,000,000
    Aluminum: 7,500
    Gas: 7,500
    Munitions: 7,500
    Effect: Increases chances of missiles to hit against Iron Dome by 20%
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Project Name: Bureau of Prolific Militarization 
Project Requirements: Propaganda Bureau, Intelligence Agency
Project Cost:
Money: $20,000,000
Aluminum: 2,000
Gasoline: 2,000
Munitions: 2,000
Steel: 2,000

Project Effect: Increases military unit recruitment of all Soldiers, Tanks, Aircraft, and Ships by 5%; missiles, nukes, and spy cap increased by 10. This project stacks with the Propaganda Bureau and Intelligence Agency projects. 

Edited by Key
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

676912258_galaxybrain.webp.5c1275f9a627f0a3b84e6f73d163a6c5.webp

My opinion may not reflect those of my alliance or its affiliates. Please read at your own discretion.

MEGA POST

The purpose of this comment is to grab and dump project suggestions made in the Suggestions subforum so they can be in one place like the QoL mega-thread. Unspecified fields will be left blank. I will try not to include changes to current projects, projects to the effect of those already implemented, and projects already in posts made by Pre. Furthermore, I am trying to order it to where the seemingly most viable and accepted are toward the top, the vague are around the middle, and the objectively unviable/rejected toward the bottom.

Included: November 21st, 2021 to Today (16 projects)

Counter Intelligence Agency

Project Requirements: Central Intelligence Agency and Spy Satellite

Project Cost: $350m, 50k steel, and 50k aluminum

Project Effect: Lower the chances of a successful operation toward your nation by around 15%, increases the chances of you knowing who did the op by around 20%, and possibly adds a self operation where you can have a chance of being able to reveal who may have done 1 of the previous ops against your nation within the past 24 hours.

Advanced Raiding Equipment

Project Requirements: Looted more than a set amount ($2b and $5b were tossed around).

Project Cost: FREE (rewarded)

Project Effect: The effect will be that you loot 10% more of everything in every raid war you do. 

Federal Reserve

Project Cost: $100m, 5k uranium, 7.5k gasoline, 5k steel, 7.5k aluminum, and 3.5k munitions
Project Effect: Reduces amount of resources stolen from alliance bank when your nation is defeated in war by 2%. Protects a limited amount of resources held within your nation from being stolen when defeated in war.

Radar Satellite

Project Requirements: Space Program, Iron Dome, and Vital Defense System

Project Cost: $90m, 10k aluminum 10k steel, 10k gasoline, and 10k uranium

Project Effect: Increases your chance of intercepting missiles from 50%-70% and nukes from 25%-35%.

Guiding Satellite

Project Requirements: Space Program, Missile Launch Pad, and Nuclear Research Facility

Project Cost: $90m, 10k aluminum 10k steel, 10k gasoline, and 10k uranium

Project Effect: Increases damage from nukes and missiles.

Geographic Information Systems Satellite

Project Requirements: Space Program, International Trade Center, Telecommunications Satellite

Project Cost: $70m, 10k aluminum, 10k gasoline, and 5k uranium

Project Effect: Increases overall production by 5%.

International Space Station

Project Requirements: Space Program

Project Cost: $150k, 50k aluminum, 50k gasoline, 50k steel, 10k iron, 10k uranium, and 100k food

Project Effect: Cosmetic/achievement like Moon Landing.

Biohazard Preventative Measures

Project Effect: Reduces the timer of the effects nuclear attacks have on cities by half.

Raw Resource Projects (like Uranium Enrichment Program) - also suggested here

Project Effect: Boosts production of raw resources like Uranium Enrichment Program does for uranium.

Enhanced Baseball Stadium Project

Project Effect: Raises daily baseball income cap back to $4m, but requires you to watch ads after each $1m earned.

Looting Food During War Project

Project Effect: Ability to loot small amounts of food from enemy soldiers' rations during ground attacks.

Stock Exchange Establishment

Project Requirements: City 28

Project Cost: 3m food, 40k steel, 40k aluminum, 20k munitions, and $350m

Project Effect: A 50% increase in nation revenue, and resource revenue, added with a 200k population increase? or improving efficiency of banks, stadiums and malls?

Genetically Modified Organisms

Project Requirements: Clinical Research Center, Green Technologies, and Nuclear Research Facility

Project Effect: Negative modifiers to food production is reduced by 20% or capped at 70%, whichever is lower.

Guided Munition System - received poor response from the community
Project Requirements: Telecommunications Satellite
Project Cost: $30,000,000, 2,000 steel, 2,000 aluminum
Project Effect: Guided Munition System is a national project that allows power plants to be a targetable category when firing missiles.

Anti-Ship Project - received poor response from the community

Project Effect: An anti-ship missile project which allows the making of anti ship missiles and allows the defenders planes target ships (?).

Urban Sprawl - most likely a sh!tpost

Project Cost: 60k steel, 60k aluminum, 60k gasoline, and $500m

Project Effect: Increases future city costs by 10% and can be bought multiple times (1 = 10%, 2 = 20%, etc). Mainly to brag and show off badges on cities bought with project effect.

• Upvote 6

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Project Name: Nuke something
Project Requirements: None
Project Cost: $250M
Project Effect: Allows a second nuke to be produced everyday.

…. after being on the losing side for three wars 😂

3 hours ago, darkblade said:

Project Name: Fiber Internet
Project Requirements: none
Project Cost:
money: $1,000,000,000

aluminum: 20,000
steel: 20,000
gasoline: 20,000
munitions: 20,000

Project Effect: Increases the commerce rate in each city by 10%, and increases the maximum commerce rate by 10%

notes:
The total cost of this project with today's resource prices is around 1.2b. For a city with 2500 infra (250,000 population) this would equate to $217,500 a day from the commerce rate added from the project. So in the case of a city 34 with 250,000 population per city ($7,395,000 for 34 cities), this would take around 162 days to reach ROI. I think the profits of this after ROI might be a bit too high so either increasing the resources required or lowering the commerce rate should help balance it.

Similar idea to the above

Project Name:
Project Requirements: telecom satellite
Project Cost: couple billions
Project Effect: max commerce to reach to 150% (from 125%)

Edited by Ketya
  • Upvote 3

Project Name - ICBM Development

Project Requirements - Iron Dome, Missile Launch Pad, Nuclear Research Facility

Project Cost - $200,000,000, 30,000 steel, 10,000 iron, 5,000 oil, 10,000 gasoline

Project Effect - Allows a second nuke to be produced every day. Increases odds of a launched missile striking past a defender’s Iron Dome to 60% (essentially, reduces a defender’s Iron Dome odds to a 40% chance).

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Project: Laser Guidance Systems
Requirements: Requires Spy Satellite and Missile Launch Pad and/or Nuclear Research Facility
Cost: $500,000,000
Aluminum: 35,000
Steel: 35,000
Uranium: 15,000
Effect: When attacking with a missile or nuclear weapon you can target specific improvements rather than just the city

• Downvote 3

Project: Early Warning Radar
Requirements: Requires Spy Satellite and Iron Dome or Vital Defense System
Cost: $400,000,000
Aluminum: 27,500
Steel: 27,500
Gasoline: 15,000
Effect: Increases the success chance of your Iron Dome and/or VDS projects by 10%

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Orbital Habitat Platform

Requirements:
Space Program
28 Cities

Cost:
3,750,000 Food
25,000 Iron
15,000 Gasoline
15,000 Steel
70,000 Aluminum

(03/21/23) Cost Cash Value: $693,405,000)

Effect: 
Reduces future city costs by $225M (Stacks with UP, AUP, MPP) (ROI's upon building City 32)
Increases nation population by 1.5%

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malakai said:

Orbital Habitat Platform

Requirements:
Space Program
28 Cities

Cost:
3,750,000 Food
25,000 Iron
15,000 Gasoline
15,000 Steel
70,000 Aluminum

(03/21/23) Cost Cash Value: $693,405,000)

Effect: 
Reduces future city costs by $225M (Stacks with UP, AUP, MPP) (ROI's upon building City 32)
Increases nation population by 1.5%

My probably unwanted input:

1. I think it should follow standard of past projects (50m -> 100m -> 150m), so it should be 200m off

2. I disapprove of the added benefit of increasing population

3. More food cost? Ugh.

4. Should totally just be named "Advanced Metropolitan Planning" lol

5. Obligatory "noooo whales get bigger and richer" comment

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

11 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

My probably unwanted input:

1. I think it should follow standard of past projects (50m -> 100m -> 150m), so it should be 200m off

2. I disapprove of the added benefit of increasing population

3. More food cost? Ugh.

4. Should totally just be named "Advanced Metropolitan Planning" lol

5. Obligatory "noooo whales get bigger and richer" comment

1. You need to take into account the exponential increase of cities at that range. The discounts are going to have to follow something similar to make them worth it otherwise they are going to go unused. I've added an image to show what a nation pays out of pocket for each city following the earliest available opportunity to purchase a specific project.

2.  Why? It fits that an orbital habitat would eventually be a center for a population boom beyond the normal migration from surface to station dwellers. What I'm suggesting amounts to about $1M a day for my nation, which is also negligible. 

3.  In the last few months the amount of food has risen from 1bn to over 3bn. We need it to keep us from choking on it.

4. I'm not really okay with that. I was going for a futuristic man leaving earth kinda feel.

5. Oh please.

City Cost Breakdown.png

1 hour ago, Malakai said:

1. You need to take into account the exponential increase of cities at that range. The discounts are going to have to follow something similar to make them worth it otherwise they are going to go unused. I've added an image to show what a nation pays out of pocket for each city following the earliest available opportunity to purchase a specific project.

2.  Why? It fits that an orbital habitat would eventually be a center for a population boom beyond the normal migration from surface to station dwellers. What I'm suggesting amounts to about $1M a day for my nation, which is also negligible. 

3.  In the last few months the amount of food has risen from 1bn to over 3bn. We need it to keep us from choking on it.

4. I'm not really okay with that. I was going for a futuristic man leaving earth kinda feel.

5. Oh please.

City Cost Breakdown.png

1. You calculations for C22 and the new proposed cost for C29 are wrong (and yes, I also excluded GSA and did the same calculations as you). C22 w/ all projects and MD is $98,063,750.00 (24.32% remaining cost) and C29 (with your proposition) would be $440,253,750.00 (44.54% remaining cost). If you changed it to fit with the other projects, which would be c26 eligibility and $200m discount, then C27 would be $270,963,750.00 (34.51% remaining cost). So it's actually more beneficial to make it conform with the other projects than go with your suggestion (for reference, C29 with conformity would be 46.94% remaining cost, so not far off).

2. Mainly for conformity with the other city planning projects.

3. shrug frankly don't have much of a rebuttal for this point, and I don't feel like going back and forth on it anyway lol

4 and 5 were mainly jokes, so yeah.

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

3 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

. You calculations for C22 and the new proposed cost for C29 are wrong (and yes, I also excluded GSA and did the same calculations as you). C22 w/ all projects and MD is $98,063,750.00 (24.32% remaining cost) and C29 (with your proposition) would be $440,253,750.00 (44.54% remaining cost). If you changed it to fit with the other projects, which would be c26 eligibility and $200m discount, then C27 would be $270,963,750.00 (34.51% remaining cost). So it's actually more beneficial to make it conform with the other projects than go with your suggestion (for reference, C29 with conformity would be 46.94% remaining cost, so not far off).

I appreciate you point out that slip. Appears I entered 21 instead of 22 in the city cost tool. I've attached the corrected sheet. The figure issue for C29 is on Alex. If you use the helpful tools and check all the boxes (except GSA), it renders a value of 654,003,750.00 instead of the $ 639,003,750.00. Additionally, thanks for the insight. I now leave it up to the development team to fine tune and enact as they see fit.

City Cost Breakdown.png

Edited by Malakai

• 3 weeks later...

Project Name: Domestic Policy Fund (Type)
Project Requirements: GSA
Project Cost: Should be around 100m cost (resources/cash)
Project Effect:

There would be 6 projects, each giving a 100% boost to a single domestic policy modifier.

Aka if you chose Open Markets, it would double the bonus to 2%. You could then add on the GSA which would go to 2.5%.

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

14 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

Project Name: Domestic Policy Fund (Type)
Project Requirements: GSA
Project Cost: Should be around 100m cost (resources/cash)
Project Effect:

There would be 6 projects, each giving a 100% boost to a single domestic policy modifier.

Aka if you chose Open Markets, it would double the bonus to 2%. You could then add on the GSA which would go to 2.5%.

I would buy the ones for cities and infra asap lol

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

On 4/13/2023 at 2:07 PM, Jacob Knox said:

I would buy the ones for cities and infra asap lol

Yeah, the cost might need a rebalance depending on which project you get. Might also need to buff a few of them over the others in terms of bonuses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

• 2 weeks later...

Project: Solar Energy

Requirements: Over 50,000 land, Green Technologies project

Cost: $400,000,000, 30,000 Aluminium

Effect: City power needs are covered to an infrastructure level equal to 25% of land level, farms provide 50 power generation

Project: Full Grid Decarbonisation

Requirements: Solar Energy project, Advanced Engineering Corps project, no Coal or Oil Power Plants

Cost: $500,000,000, 40,000 Aluminium, 20,000 Steel

Effect: City power needs are covered to an infrastructure level equal to 75% of land level, Wind Power Plants are twice as effective, decreases the pollution created from Manufacturing improvements by 25% (stacking with Green Technologies project). Cannot use Coal or Oil for power generation.

Edited by ReuKinChe
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ReuKinChe said:

Project: Solar Energy

Requirements: Over 50,000 land, Green Technologies project

Cost: $400,000,000, 30,000 Aluminium

Effect: City power needs are covered to an infrastructure level equal to 25% of land level, farms provide 50 power generation

Project: Full Grid Decarbonisation

Requirements: Solar Energy project, Advanced Engineering Corps project, no Coal or Oil Power Plants

Cost: $500,000,000, 40,000 Aluminium, 20,000 Steel

Effect: City power needs are covered to an infrastructure level equal to 75% of land level, Wind Power Plants are twice as effective, decreases the pollution created from Manufacturing improvements by 25% (stacking with Green Technologies project). Cannot use Coal or Oil for power generation.

Hm... but the first one would provide the same level of power as a nuclear power plant if someone has 20 farms and 4k land and the second one would provide 3k power for someone with 4k land. That seems incredibly unbalanced and removes all need for farming whales to buy uranium and just further allows them to go inactive, so I fail to see how it is beneficial to the game as a whole.

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

project: National highway system 

cost:30,000,000

3,000 steel

requirements:None

effect:increases max commerce by 10% and when attacked, army (soldier and tank) by 10%

reason:highways move trucks faster therefore commerce increase and military’s use highways to travel around there country faster therefore army is strengthened

52 minutes ago, Me15 said:

project: National highway system 

cost:30,000,000

3,000 steel

requirements:None

effect:increases max commerce by 10% and when attacked, army (soldier and tank) by 10%

????
heavy Eco + War buff for that cheap? let alone how OP it is no matter the cost

• 3 weeks later...
  • Village unpinned and locked this topic