Mass land purchase ignores GSA

Korben

I just got a bit of land and used the VIP mass land purchase.

The action worked, thanks, but it didnt consider my Government Support Agency project.

Could you please check logs, fix it up and please credit me the difference.

I am not sure if I've used this option before , so please check and refund the difference.

Also please do this for everyone else that's used this option...

Thank you

1. How much land did you purchase in each city (if you recall)?

2. How much did it cost overall (if you recall)?

3. How much do you think it should have cost?

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Thanks for your time.

1. 500 in 11 cities, going from 7,000 to 7,500

2. Total was $442,364,505.00 , so $40,214,955 per city.

3. When I was looking at individual cities to upgrade from 7,000 to 7,500 it was something about $39mil

So, I think it should have cost total $431,305,392.38 (2.5% discount for GSA ) or $39,209,581.13 per city... ( which is the figure I vaguely remember )

Is there no way for you to go through the logs and see that yourself ... or even check the formula for mass land purchase to see if the GSA project is included in the calculation ?

• Administrators

Jacob Knox was just being helpful asking followup questions for more information; he is not a moderator or any sort of game staff. Thank you, Jacob Knox.

In any case, the GSA only applies if you have the 'Rapid Expansion' domestic policy. It is a +50% modifier to your selected domestic policy. But if you're not using the 'Rapid Expansion' domestic policy, then it's not going to apply any additional discount.

• Thanks 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

22 hours ago, Alex said:

Jacob Knox was just being helpful asking followup questions for more information; he is not a moderator or any sort of game staff. Thank you, Jacob Knox.

Thanks for clarifying that, Alex. And I think there may be some confusion here on how GSA works here, because the $40,214,955 figure does seem correct (according to the land cost calculator tool and my calculations).

If the $39,209,581.13 figure was shown in the individual city, it may be related to what Rush mentioned in his bug report thread on the Politics and War main server or something else. Might be worth looking into a little. :)

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

23 hours ago, Alex said:

In any case, the GSA only applies if you have the 'Rapid Expansion' domestic policy. It is a +50% modifier to your selected domestic policy. But if you're not using the 'Rapid Expansion' domestic policy, then it's not going to apply any additional discount.

Thank you Alex and Jacob.

I appreciate both your help and answers.

I, naturally, had Rapid Expansion policy in place when I bought the land.

I didn't do the maths to figure out which was the bug, Jacob, sorry. I know one is wrong, just thought the mass land purchase is the culprit.

Alex, if you don't log all the events, perhaps set that up and keep the logs forever. That will also help with multi hunting and make life much easier with bug tracing and reversal of bugged stuff.

Cheers

Sorry, to clarify...

Rapid expansion provides a 5% discount on land purchase. GSA provides an additional 50% bonus to this, which is equivalent to an additional 2.5%.

Am I correct in assuming this... ( please no jokes about ass-u-me) 🤪

Edited by Korben