A Very Grumpy Retirement

Sweeeeet Ronny D

Wow, that's a long tenure. Enjoy retirement!

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

Years ago back in 2014 or 2015 you (still as VE gov) and I were allied as upstarts attempting to challenge the status quo. That challenge ended in complete victory as the  powers that be lost and were forced to accept a  redrawing of Orbis' landscape.

That process of redrawing turned out different than anticipated with Impero and I buting heads, leading   to the formation of Syndisphere and the vanguard variant of Paragon. We then spent years fighting one another.

Yet, I hold fond memories of the followingperiod in the earlier stages of grumpy, when you and I allied grumpy to my upper tier project- Hogwarts. The flexibility and fluidity with which we worked despite differing agendas allowed us to assist one another in conventional and rather unconventional ways. Communication  was relaxed and precise-focused on the core issues at hands.

Skip forward to post-NPOLT and  we found ourselves respectfully arrayed against  one another due to the power balance of the game. Me, railing against the upper tier prowess you had cultivated over time as a security threat. You, wary of the increasing sphere of influence of my tS. We came to another head in Duckhunt, and set the tone for a t$-GOB rivalry for the coming years.

What few know, is the cordial discussions that preceeded that period. We privately discussed alliance prospects, but ultimately opted not to align ourselves with oneanother because we felt that in the wake of NPOLT  and with the tiering dynamics of the time, that would spell a possible "game over" scenario. There are times where I wonder how political paths would have ended up if we *had* pushed that buton.

The situation though, exemplifies your approach to the game  Ronny. Calm, mild-mannered, pragmatic but with an eye for game health. It is a style that mirrors mine in a few ways (though I may be slightly less mild mannered ;) ), and perhaps that's why i've always appreciated our interactions.

Enjoy your retirement. You've  achieved great things with GOB.

• Like 3

os9LcJK.gif