On the current state of Foreign Affairs

iAlrea

On 1/22/2023 at 12:42 AM, iAlrea said:

Since my tenure in Rose govt I've been pretty withdrawn from wider Orbis affairs so I have no real idea what's been going on except the major wars, but regardless of my absence, I thought we agreed as a community to stop making superblocs?

Screenshot-at-Jul-07-23-49-55.png

Does this not remind you of anything?

1GOUMti.png

And yet we still get this kind of bs? What is this? Since when it was it socially acceptable for a dozen top 50 alliances to behave like a 2020 micro? Didn't we used to roll microspheres with 30 treaties per party?

If I'm being stupid please, feel free to let me know but it feels like we as a community have some kind of selective amnesia once every few years. Why is it that we catagorically pay lip service to the idea of "minispheres" and yet we bumble along like drones when someone decides to bloat their sphere up like they're having a meal at the Heart Attack Grill?

Greetings and welcome to Orbis!

I see you are looking for an alliance. We at Requiem cordially invite you to check us out. We're a young upper tier alliance with some major experience. Besides a low-tax option, we offer solid tiering and a microphobic government.

Kind regards,

Partisan

os9LcJK.gif

16 hours ago, Roberts said:

From personal experience - they don't just blanket beige or go inactive in their wars either like you might think.

You clearly weren't hitting the right targets. :^)

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 6:42 PM, iAlrea said:

If I'm being stupid please, feel free to let me know but it feels like we as a community have some kind of selective amnesia

It looks like you made a self diagnosis. I haven't experienced or seen any top 10 alliances behave like a 2020 micro. If they are doing that they wouldn't be up there. However some exceptions are up there but it isn't in the treaty sphere you listed as an example. Those alliances are run by noobs by, people that have played for 2 years or less. I encourage you to research their gov lineup. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1