Development Team Update, January 2023.

Prefontaine

On 1/18/2023 at 4:56 PM, Prefontaine said:

Nation gains 1% more loot from defeating a nation and the defeated nations alliance bank.

"1% more loot from the defeated nation's alliance bank" = 2% instead of 1% or 1.01% instead of 1% ?

The former would be completely broken.

Also making UP & AUP twice as cheap lmbo 🙏

Edited by Pascal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Prefontaine said:

Pirate Econ provides a slot and a 5% ground attack loot bonus.
Advance Pirate Econ provides a slot, 5% ground attack loot bonus, and a 1% loot bonus to defeated nations and banks.

If you were going to loot 4% of a bank/player you would now loot 5% instead.

Nothing was taken away from Pirate Econ, something was simply added. 

So now nations can have up to 7 wars declared at once? 

I'm wondering what the rationale behind implementing both commodities and perks is. They seem to fulfill the same purpose at least when it comes to their results albeit with different methods of getting those results. I'm not totally against having both, just not sure what the purpose is. It would make a lot more sense to me if the econ perks were scrapped and replaced by commodities since there is so much overlap.

Edited by Kyubnyan
  • Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

1 hour ago, Kyubnyan said:

I'm wondering what the rationale behind implementing both commodities and perks is. They seem to fulfill the same purpose at least when it comes to their results albeit with different methods of getting those results. I'm not totally against having both, just not sure what the purpose is. It would make a lot more sense to me if the econ perks were scrapped and replaced by commodities since there is so much overlap.

We have to have commodities to fulfill @MinesomeMC's dream of having W A T E R

1 hour ago, MasterChief said:

When is the UP AUP update?

You should know better by now than to ask "when" haha. 

• Haha 2

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

2 hours ago, Kyubnyan said:

yeah we should just scrap commodities and be done with it

It feels like the raws alternative for CP/ACP feels a little too cheap no? 

At the moment, CP costs about 300m with market prices, and the raws option costs $220m, so even if you'd account for raws prices rising and food prices lowering, the raws option would likely still remain significantly better since no one who already has CP is going to be buying it and you're relying entirely on new players to purchase the project and drive prices up. 

This could probably be fixed by slightly increasing the resource usage of the non-food option, maybe by like 20-25%. 

I haven't done the math for ACP so it's possible that the two options are much closer together on that one and this is only a CP problem. 

On 1/18/2023 at 3:56 PM, Prefontaine said:
  •  

The VM update is fantastic, I love it. Just a straight improvement.

Spies I don't rlly care about.

I like promoting bounties, I think they are a cool idea.

I love the changes to UP and AUP and I've been wanting exactly that, which I hope helps balance the market and the low tier.

The pirate economy change may benefit me, but it is honestly a pretty weird one. I am not sure whether I like it... Adding projects with multiple not super connected effects isn't awesome

Advanced PE sounds interesting. The problem is that the number of nations that will really find it to be a secure profitable investment will not be that large. I think we would much more benefit from a project that just only has the loot modifier. Plus adding even more offensive war slots I don't think is the way.

I absolutely love this Bureau of Domestic Affairs project. Not that I think everyone will get it, but it is the type of project that really makes sense and adds depth to the project list. The type of project that is very hard to tell just how worth it it is. I absolutely love it and I hope it arrives as soon as possible. Also, maybe make it a little cheaper, but it is my favourite proposal. 

Thank you for working on making this game better:))

Edited by Johnson Boris

44 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

We have to have commodities to fulfill @MinesomeMC's dream of having W A T E R

I removed that from the list.

2 hours ago, MasterChief said:

When is the UP AUP update?

A week after we've final approval form Alex. 

@Village I saw what you said in discord. 😘

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

16 minutes ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

It feels like the raws alternative for CP/ACP feels a little too cheap no? 

At the moment, CP costs about 300m with market prices, and the raws option costs $220m, so even if you'd account for raws prices rising and food prices lowering, the raws option would likely still remain significantly better since no one who already has CP is going to be buying it and you're relying entirely on new players to purchase the project and drive prices up. 

This could probably be fixed by slightly increasing the resource usage of the non-food option, maybe by like 20-25%. 

I haven't done the math for ACP so it's possible that the two options are much closer together on that one and this is only a CP problem. 

Well if there are suddenly a cheaper alternative, prices will start to rise as more demand for this resources occur while demand for the others decreases and possibly causes a dip in price. Lets say one raises 40M and the other falls 40M over all, we'd be right in the middle then. There should be some adjustment by the market due to shifting demand.

scSqPGJ.gif

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Lets say one raises 40M and the other falls 40M over all, we'd be right in the middle then. There should be some adjustment by the market due to shifting demand.

That's true, and I think it's fair to assume that there will be some change in market values due to shifting demand, but will it be significant enough to outweigh the fact that the alternative option for CP is 3/4 as expensive as the current option? I don't know how many people buy CP per month, so I can't really say for sure, but I don't imagine the demand would be incredibly significant considering that it'd be only new players who get to the point where they can afford changing the price. Old players don't need to buy it, and most new players will get to the point where they can get rpc but not to the point where they can afford CP. 

Maybe I'm wrong though, I'd love to see the numbers on this. 

Also adding onto what Ketya said below me, it usually takes a very long time for the impact of projects to be felt upon market prices. Even though RPC was added back in March of 2022, prices didn't start to decline until around November. Even if the project is added, RPC will continue to produce more raw resources (despite the nerf), significantly offsetting how much the price of raws will go up (if it'll even go up at all). 

2 hours ago, Johnson Boris said:

Advanced PE sounds interesting. The problem is that the number of nations that will really find it to be a secure profitable investment will not be that large. I think we would much more benefit from a project that just only has the loot modifier. Plus adding even more offensive war slots I don't think is the way.

Pirate economy is unironically one of the best project in the game because of the additional offensive war slot it gives. I think most people who bought PE would buy advanced PE even if it only gave just 1 more offensive slot, because it's just that useful. 

But can we get a better name for the project instead of just calling the second tier project "advanced"? 

Edited by KindaEpicMoah

Good update!

would have been even better to 

(1) boost advanced pirate Econ benefits a bit more (e.g. 1.2 multiplier instead of 1.1, and boosting other changes)

(2) increase the raws needed for those projects. Pnw trade market doesn’t come across as elastic as that post suggests where prices change that rapidly. Kinns owns the market 😂

• Upvote 2