How Does Time Work in P&W?

Kurse

So recently I've been trying to figure out how much P&W simulated time is in a turn (2 hours), because I am trying to figure out how long an alliance war has been going on in simulated time, however this has proven more difficult then I expected, there is another entry on this website with a similar question and someone responded with "A week is 14 hours, A month is 56-62 hours (2-3 days)...a year is 730-732 hours (30-31 days)". However, it is 2083 in Simulated Politics and War time as I type this. Poltics and War's official aniversary is on August 14th, (2014). This means that assuming Poltics and war started at year 0 it would be around year 100, since its been just over 100 months so idk if that could be right.

Shortened version: Does anyone know how long a turn (2 hours) is in simulated P&W time?

P.S. this is a repost, I accidentally posted in general forum.

• Upvote 1

I would say your flaw is thinking Orbis started at Year 0. Some of the older nations have an achievement titled "Singularity," celebrating when the game date and real life date met on June 25th, 2017. If you do the math, you'll see that 1 turn = 1 Orbis day.

I don't know definitively what year/date Orbis' calendar started on, but I hope this provides some answers/help.

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

1 hour ago, Kurses said:

So recently I've been trying to figure out how much P&W simulated time is in a turn (2 hours), because I am trying to figure out how long an alliance war has been going on in simulated time, however this has proven more difficult then I expected, there is another entry on this website with a similar question and someone responded with "A week is 14 hours, A month is 56-62 hours (2-3 days)...a year is 730-732 hours (30-31 days)". However, it is 2083 in Simulated Politics and War time as I type this. Poltics and War's official aniversary is on August 14th, (2014). This means that assuming Poltics and war started at year 0 it would be around year 100, since its been just over 100 months so idk if that could be right.

Shortened version: Does anyone know how long a turn (2 hours) is in simulated P&W time?

P.S. this is a repost, I accidentally posted in general forum.

I believe that game started in the 1980s ingame, maybe late to mid.

• Thanks 1

Downloads.jpg.f8cec0ed86ab61876072ab7847b52f92.jpg

21 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

I would say your flaw is thinking Orbis started at Year 0. Some of the older nations have an achievement titled "Singularity," celebrating when the game date and real life date met on June 25th, 2017. If you do the math, you'll see that 1 turn = 1 Orbis day.

I don't know definitively what year/date Orbis' calendar started on, but I hope this provides some answers/help.

This helps thanks, also thanks for reply in General Section as well, I wonder what year the simulation itself was started at because if it was started at 2014 when it was released then you would assume the release date would be when the real life date and the simulated date intersect, irregardless this was helpful I appreciate it.